TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ohio Help

coasterguy59

I just moved to Ohio this summer unfortunately ( srry if i spelled that wrong) i was not able to go to any of the "good" amuesment parks around here so can someone suggest the best times to go to...

Cedar Point

PKI

Geauga lake (again srry if i spelled it wrong)

or anything else aorund here?

Month/Days/ Time of Day

Most/Least crowded Months

which parks are worth buying a season pass or not.

that would be really helpful

thankyou!!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Almost right. HAlloweekends saturdays can result in capacity crowds when the weather is nice. I've seen 2 hour waits for everything on saturday's in October.

May can be risky as well due to the weather.

My choice would be the two weekends after labour day. This is before halloweekends start. So there's not really anything going on, the weather is cool but not cold, and the park is deserted.

Both of my October CP visits were crowded, I would not recommend it. I visited CP on a weekday in May and there were hardly any waits...it was only 5-10 minutes for Millenium Force...the line wasn't even down the "bridge"! PKI weekends in April are generally not too busy, but if the weather is really nice, it can get crowded quickly.

Welcome to OHIO!!

PKI is less crowded early and late in the season, and I agree that that can sometime be influenced by the weather. I have seen the place packed to the gills on November 1st because the weather was gorgeous and it was Season Pass bring a friend day.....

During the summer, both PKI and CP are best avoided on weekends. Mid to late week is usually best and at PKI the crowds can be slim throughout the day due to the high volume of people in Boomerang Bay (the water park area).

Shari

as far as Geauga Lake, anytime is pretty much good, it's walk-on city. The waterpark, wildwater kingdom is on the old wild life/sea world/south side across the lake and did get very busy on hot days last year. The waterpark didnt open until late june last year, so i would guess any week day thats not in the 90's.. it all depends. That's even if you care about tne waterpark, which is very nice and brand new (only blizzard beach ranks higher IMO, but i havent been to too many waterparks). We always went early at 11 when we went because it deserted until at least noon, so we could play bball at the coral cove area, hit the lazy river, marathon the slides.

anyway, the park has alot to do if you've never been there and is improving greatly each year since six flags left. The park also has cheap admission (25 bucks) and season passes can be used at CP too if you pay like $50 extra. a combo pass is def worth it.

hope that helps

^ I thought Kent State's mascot was a dead hippie.

My condolences for moving to Ohio. I spent two years there and I don't know which I hate worse, the weather or the people. Of course, I was generally around Cleveland and Toldeo--those two cities are dumps! Don't know much about the rest of the state. (I wished I had a chance to go to Cedar Point, but never had the time.)

I have only been to Cedar Point twice (considering that I live 10 hours away), but my dad, a friend, and I make the drive once a summer (starting 2 summers ago of course). I have found that Mondays are often not too crowded. I cant be much of a help but have fun in Ohio, I wish I was you!

(I went the Monday after the 4th of July which I must say was a good day to go.)

We've only been to CP about 10 times [four trips].. but the times we've went have all been very good, crowd-wise.

We went May 16, 17, 18 last year, and the only crowds were school groups doing projects. We went back a couple weeks later, and it was more of the same. The lines are a bit longer than empty, but nowhere near what we'd expect you to get during the busy months of late-June, July, and August.

Although, our first trip to the Point was in August 2004, and the lines were almost non-existant for everything other than MF and TTD. You also have to know when to hit the rides. ie: Doing Raptor anytime in the morning is nuts, since it's usually the first ride people hit upon entering the park. During the later part of the afternoon, lines can be non-existant.

Our trip to CP in September was met with little to no crowds both days we were there. It was like May without the school groups. Again, MF was the only ride with a line [TTD wasn't open either day].

For PKI, we went in late-May 2005, and lines were actually pretty big. We went on a Monday and Tuesday, and still had to wait fairly long for every ride. The second day, however, was an unadvertised "limited operation" day and only about half the rides were open, which we found pathetic.

And Geauga Lake - we went in 2004, and it was empty. Completely empty. Depressingly empty.

Waldameer Park is good for a stop, it's near Erie, PA. It doesn't have a lot of coasters or rides, but I thought it was a fun little park and a good way to kill a few hours. Plus it has an awesome spinning mouse and an ACE classic, the Comet.

^ I thought Kent State's mascot was a dead hippie.

My condolences for moving to Ohio. I spent two years there and I don't know which I hate worse, the weather or the people. Of course, I was generally around Cleveland and Toldeo--those two cities are dumps! Don't know much about the rest of the state. (I wished I had a chance to go to Cedar Point, but never had the time.)

Hahaa, dead hippie.. Kent State is the college im going to in the fall

How exactly is Cleveland a dump? Just because people who move to the area are not used to the weather and it's a shock to them. Yes, the weather is not very pleasant in the winter, but that dosen't qualify the area as a dump.

As far as the people, I don't know quite what you mean by that, except for all the senior citizen geezers that make my job at office max unenjoyable sometimes, don't get me started (sir, where are your typewriters?)

The people in new mexico aren't rude or anything, just very different than what im used to. But I would'nt judge them as a whole.

I actually know a person who lived in Oregon most of his life and if I had to judge everyone by him, then I would say I hate the people of Oregon. The point is, why so much hate for C-Town

^ Pardon my sarcastic sense of humor. I must say I can be a bit harsh on Ohio. I lived there for two years, I really wasn't impressed with what I saw.

The only problem I had with the weather was the drastic shifting between warm and cold during the winter months. It made me sick most of the time. I had the same problem when I went through basic training at Fort Leonardwood in Missiouri.

As for the people, I met a lot who were outright rude, trying to scam me for money, or just plain crazy. Maybe I just happened to find myself in the worst places which might be skewing my perspective, but I generally found the people around Cleveland to be a bit unfriendly and/or cold.

Yeah, I made a visit to Kent State. Have pictures and everything. That's the first college I've been to that had a full service bar in the student center. I liked the rock the fraternities and sororities keep painting over and over again with their symbols. Is it still there?

I had pretty good luck at Cedar Point at the very end of May/early June. Other than MF the lines werent bad at all. That was also with TTD being closed due to problems the week I was there (it was its opening year, sadly I never got to ride). Im sure the earlier in the season the better!

Welcome to Ohio!

For Geauga Lake: check around before going there on saturdays or sundays during july and august. For the most , GL is never crowded unless they have a corporate picnic, which can pack the place bigtime!

Best example: Cleveland Clinic Foundation Day. I have never seen the parking lot that crowded on both sides. I think Ted (coasterfanatic) went that weekend.

For CP, almost any sunday in October is great. ( i think the football games keep a ton of people out of parks.

Last year, our longest wait was MF and it was only about 5 mins.

My former roommate and I went to Geauga Lake on a Sunday in late August last year and the place was empty! We were able to walk right onto to many of the rides. Early in the day we rode two coasters by ourselves. I think we waited maybe 10 minutes for Dominator with the only wait being 30 minutes for their Vekoma SLC (My roomie had never been on one) because they were only running one train. We did several of the coasters twice (Big Dipper- 3 times) and still ended up leaving around 4 or 5pm.