TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Astroworld's Batman now at SF Darien Lake

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally something new after years of poor management and lack of rides. I rode it at SFAW in 1992 and I remember it as extreme headbanger but I don't care since it is something NEW for SFDL! *clapping*

Now the biggest question remains... will it open this summer?

Good! Another one saved. (If a cat has nine lives, how many does a coaster have? This'll be the fourth park for this one...)

I passed SFAW yesterday. The Cyclone looks so lonely! The only sign of another coaster was some of the Batman supports still standing. All others have been dismantled.

If the Astroneedle and Astrowheel were still present it would look like the park did when the Cyclone opened in 1976 (sans Dexter Freebish...).

Back to Batman: I wish they'd cough up the $ for new B&M floorless trains for this great layout and give the stand-up torture trains a proper burial. Same sentiment for the SFMM Flashback trains!

Finally, a reason to go to Darien Lake. I've been waiting for a new ride there since Superman was installed oh so many years ago. In fact, I don't think I've been back to Darien Lake since then...either that or the year after Superman was put in. Regardless, its been a while. I'm hoping this will be put in soon and will be operating for the 2006 season.

Wouldn't count on it and with the new management, it'll be a wonder if it does get re-built since it's not a family attraction and quite painful.

After seeing how some rides were removed, it may require alot of maintenance to get it back in working order.

Wouldn't count on it and with the new management, it'll be a wonder if it does get re-built since it's not a family attraction and quite painful.

After seeing how some rides were removed, it may require alot of maintenance to get it back in working order.

I think they are going to rebuild it eventually. If they were just going to scrap it, they wouldn't have taken it apart so carefully.

Most of them weren't removed carefully. Serial Thriller sustained some damage upon removal because the company is rushed to get the site cleared. The ones that were dismantled ok, we the pieces up for auction, except Serpent which was cut into piece due to the track being welded together originally.

Even the HUSS Troika removed was damaged during delivery to SFOT and we had to scrap that one and get a replacement one from La Ronde.

Alright Im glad to see DL getting a coaster, even if it is ancient. And I think that at the moment B&M trains COULD work on this ride, but this is an Intamin/Giovanola coaster. It was pretty much a pre-Iron Wolf as B&M worked on this in one way or another, which also explains the Intamin trains on IW and the Giovanola supports. But hey, I'm glad that this is getting a 4th life as it's a pretty cool looking coaster, like the early B&M standups.

Colin C