TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Maybe it has been three years, because I did ride Mr. Freeze reverse blast. That's what really killed the park for me, since I was infatuated with Mr. Freeze. I would honestly still go to the park JUST for Mr. Freeze if it hadn't been gimmicked.

Lol WTF. Holiday World (which honestly, has always been a far better park than SFSTL) announces a new coaster, and this thread explodes with people talking about how SFSTL is DOOMED!

I'm sorry, but how does a park 3 and a half hours away getting a new coaster all of a sudden make SFSTL the worst park in the world? I'm very confused by this logic.

Lol WTF. Holiday World (which honestly, has always been a far better park than SFSTL) announces a new coaster, and this thread explodes with people talking about how SFSTL is DOOMED!

I'm sorry, but how does a park 3 and a half hours away getting a new coaster all of a sudden make SFSTL the worst park in the world? I'm very confused by this logic.

Because I (and others) have been waiting for something worthwhile since the early 2000's. And while the park get tidbits of this and that (yes, we are not ignored), nothing substantial has yet to come to this park. It is infuriating to see other regional parks get all these great installs and we get used hand me downs or boring flats (which I know are important). So then drive my family to KI, HW, or SDC ... which I am happy to do. One long weekend at those parks is better than a season pass at SFSTL. I still cannot believe they haven't replaced the Bumper Cars! I know the old ones had to go... but aren't you gonna replace them??? Things like this show corporate isn't thinking out this park completely. SFSTL is just an afterthought.

I understand that you guys have been waiting for a new MEGA-ULTIMATE-YOLO-EXTREME coaster for a long time. I mean, SFSTL is my home park and yes, I would love that.

But how do you know that isn't coming next year? I mean, it probably won't happen since it will most likely be a Justice League dark ride next year.

Speaking of that dark ride... Most of you guys are the type of people who are always fussing about how horrible the themeing at Six Flags is. But when there's a good chance the new ride will be an amazingly-themed dark ride that actually fits into the themed area it is put into, you guys just complain that it isn't a coaster.

I want a new coaster as much as the next guy, but claiming that the park is DOOMED because it hasn't gotten one is ridiculous.

I love Six Flags St. Louis...It might not be the best park compared to Six Flags Great America or Holiday World...It still a great park and has lots to offer.. I agree it does need a new steel roller coaster to make it a much better park..also the iron boss would be awesome too..but is that gonna stop me from buying a season pass? Nope....

I'm halfway serious when I say if a bunch of us got together for chicken wings and beer we probably wouldn't bicker as much. We do it all the time on the Subaru boards and it's always fun talking to people with common interests. I've never been able to extensively talk coaster geek with anyone in person. My wife and friends get annoyed when I speak in coaster geek and they just don't get it.

If anyone is interested in the first annual STL coaster geek meet, let me know. I'm not as big of an asshole as I seem online... I'd even be willing to go back to SFSTL if it meant actually going with people who share coaster enthusiasm.

Just putting it out there.

I get sick of losing a ride just about every time a new ride is put in. I know this happens at a lot of parks and isn't just limited to SFStL, but it seems more commonplace here than elsewhere. While I would love a new steel coaster just as much as anyone else, some nice new flats could really liven up the place as well.

Yeah, I know we got a new flat this year, but I'm wondering how Tsunami Soaker is working out for the park. I went for the first time last weekend and it was the most crowded I've seen the park in years (but I typically avoid Saturdays in the middle of the summer, so I don't know how it compares to a typical Saturday in July). Anyway, there were decent lines for many rides throughout the day, yet I never saw a line for Tsunami Soaker that was more than a 1 cycle wait. People seemed to be enjoying it, but when you've got a 35 minute wait for Thunder River, 20 minutes for the log flume with both sides running, and 15 minutes for Tidal Wave, I can't figure out why you could basically walk right on TS. There wasn't a shorter line in the park for ANY other ride. I'm wondering if it was a poor install decision for the park.

We get season passes every year and will continue to do so because with the free parking on the gold passes, we can head out for 2-3 hours in the evening in the middle of the week several times a year and feel like we have the park to ourselves.

In the end, I just tell myself that at least we have a better wooden collection than CP (for now, at least).

I'm sorry if I came off rude to anyone on here. I just really love our little park here in St. Louis. Even if it doesn't have the most amazing coaster collection out there, we have some stand-out rides, and the park has some charm to it, unlike some other parks I've been to. And I just have so many memories from my childhood of going to the park with my family and friends and having a great time.

So yes, I'm very defensive of my home park. Because if Six Flags St. Louis closed for good, I would be devastated. I mean, I grew up at the park and hearing people talk about how crappy they think it's become is really saddening.

We've went the last 2 years to Great America and they were extremely crowded A flash pass platinum is a must at that park...I love their park but I couldn't handle those crowds all the time. St. Louis has their share of very good size crowds to once in awhile.

So yes, I'm very defensive of my home park. Because if Six Flags St. Louis closed for good, I would be devastated. I mean, I grew up at the park and hearing people talk about how crappy they think it's become is really saddening.

Yeah, no one wants it to close. Not even me. Really all it will take is one halfway decent modern coaster to get me liking the park again.

So... beer and/or chicken wings with us? (provided you're of age?)

I'm really trying to get this thing going like other local park crews do. If there's not enough interest, no big deal. Like I said, I used to go on subaru/honda meets all the time and it was a blast.

^I'm down for a meet-up.

About the only time I get to the park any more is during the "Daredevil Daze" local ACE event. Have you considered attending? It's usually a really good time.

Due to its age, Scooby Doo needs a LOT of maintenance. So what does the park do? They decided to build a new dark ride that's even cooler than Scooby was originally. Instead of using the off-the-shelf Sally Dark Rides cars like Holiday World, the park is getting really cool looking cars. This ride is going to be awesome. The Scooby facade is completely coming down and loading station being covered. There are also a few great maintenance projects coming for 2015. Complaining about the way Batman plaza looks, especially now that Turbo Bungy is gone? Don't worry, the park is adding/replacing that area (no rides). Don't be all dramatic saying you're giving up hope on the park. Yea, it's not the greatest park, but it is actively getting better faster than it is declining. The park has an amazing B&M and Premier coaster. I see thousands of people every day who are having the time of their lives. You're definitely welcome to your opinion, and I definitely see where they are coming from. However, I think it might be good to be a little bit more optimistic.

Due to its age, Scooby Doo needs a LOT of maintenance. So what does the park do? They decided to build a new dark ride that's even cooler than Scooby was originally. Instead of using the off-the-shelf Sally Dark Rides cars like Holiday World, the park is getting really cool looking cars. This ride is going to be awesome. The Scooby facade is completely coming down and loading station being covered. There are also a few great maintenance projects coming for 2015. Complaining about the way Batman plaza looks, especially now that Turbo Bungy is gone? Don't worry, the park is adding/replacing that area (no rides). Don't be all dramatic saying you're giving up hope on the park. Yea, it's not the greatest park, but it is actively getting better faster than it is declining. The park has an amazing B&M and Premier coaster. I see thousands of people every day who are having the time of their lives. You're definitely welcome to your opinion, and I definitely see where they are coming from. However, I think it might be good to be a little bit more optimistic.

Can you confirm if it will be a clone of the Justice League ride at the Warner Bros park in Australia? In U.S. dollars, that ride cost $8.5 million, not adjusted for inflation, so maybe corporate really isn't neglecting us as much as some people like to think.

Can you confirm if it will be a clone of the Justice League ride at the Warner Bros park in Australia? In U.S. dollars, that ride cost $8.5 million, not adjusted for inflation, so maybe corporate really isn't neglecting us as much as some people like to think.

Don't expect that much. I wonder how much the ride would be with no pre-show and a downsized facade/queue theming. At the same time, I LOVED LOVED Scooby, but I am really excited for this. I also found out today that a DC licensed Batman costume costs $10,000.

Just saw this about Scooby getting rethemed. I was a season pass holder for a few years (not this year due to my step-daughter needing serious hip surgery and not being able to ride anything...hoping to get them again next year), and my 7 year old LOVES Scooby. When I told him about the retheme, he was upset...but excited for the DC change. Will be interesting to see next year. This park has potential...but it needs help. If what you say is true, then that's a good, positive sign. The park has so much land...heavily wooded, and very hilly...but a lot of land to play with. Hope they make good use of it. I was born the same year this park opened...and remember pretty much every change. I hate to see it worn down...but if things are going as you say...that's good.