TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Six Flags Update! Premiere Out, Red Zone In!

I think you are all reading WAY WAY too much into this SFFT thing. If you read it carefully it almost sounds as if they are saying, "They will visit and evaluate all Six Flags parks. This includes Six Flags Fiesta Texas (wow who would have known :? ?!). Oh, and Mr Speigel of a completely separate company that has nothing to do with Snyder says it was not one of the stronger performing parks."

I don't think Red Zone has expressed any interest in getting rid of any parks, just trimming off excessive undeveloped property so they don't have to pay property taxes on it. I think the author of the article also read a bit too much into that (about selling parks).

The article was obviously slanted at SFFT because it was written by a San Antonio Business Journal. Had it been located in any other market I would bet it would have focused on the park located in that market as well.

One thing I find amusing is whether they will visit Six Flags New Orleans. I can only imagine what they would think... "Geez, the previous management sure let this place turn into a dump !"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than just attendance goes into the performance at a park. Attendance can be the same but the average $ spent becomes a bigger factor. I think SFFT is an excellent park and is most likely a park Cedar Fair would be interested in since it would not cannibalize other CF parks. Also, the clientele is the most civilized I have ever seen at a SF park.

FYI - The last Six Flags annual report I have says Six Flags owns 206 acres that the SFFT theme park and waterpark sit upon

Cedar Fair, I again ask that you please save Six Flags from the grasp of Snyder!!!

Careful what you wish for!

I really think we should just wait and see, if they start to take apart the Co then start bitching but, until then relax.

Besides nobody can deny that SF is way too big for its own good, trimming the fat will help with the bottom line. Some of us may loose parks but, I bet the rest of the chain will grow for it.

There is another angle that no one has mentioned. Snyder bought the Skins because he's a Skins fan, what if he's a coaster geek in business geek's clothing . Snyder has proven in the past, that he has no problem spending the money as long as there is a return. One can only hope.

You don't have to have a Theme park background to be successful, you just need to understand people.

^^^ Exactly, no where does it say that Red Zone plans on selling any of the parks. It is only an opinion of someone who works for another company. You can't compare SFFT to SFAW either. AW had a parking problem. In the long run it was more economical to close AW, sell the land then it would have been to build a parking garage. I don't see SFFT with the same problem. At the very worst, they will sell the park to another operator, not close it like Astroworld.

Bob "Just my opinion" Hoffman

Can you hear it? Do you? ...it's the winds if change.

Do you hear that? Its the winds of change. You know sully, one of these days I'm really.........gonna let you teach him a lesson

Sorry, just had to quote Monsters Inc

Going only from what I see from the freeway and what I have read, it seems like nobody thinks too much of Enchanted Village. For one thing, Silverwood six hours away in the middle of nowhere, has two coasters taller than Timberhawk. Timberhawk is barely taller than the 1958 classic at Playland, two and a half hours away.

I hear most of the effort went into Wild Waves, which has rusty and rotten stuff, not good for a waterpark.

When is someone in the Northwest going to install a good rocket coaster?

Oh, just when you think things can't get worse, they CAN. Let's hope that doesn't happen, Snyder obviously isn't going through all this just to continue down the same spiraling path that Burke&Co were headed. But I hope there is a long-term plan in the works to fix the parks. Making a quick buck at the expense of customers isn't the way.

I hope he surrounds himself with people who know what they're doing. He's obviously a daring business man, but he doesn't know a thing about amusement parks.

I found this on the sfne.com forums. Looks like Mr. Six has gotten the boot.

SNYDER DUMPING SIX FLAGS' BELOVED MR. SIX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 30, 2005 -- The kooky dancing grandpa who serves as the icon for Six Flags Inc. is about to be sent into retirement.

Washington Redskins' owner Dan Snyder and his two allies officially took the helm of the troubled theme park operator yesterday after successfully persuading shareholders to oust Chief Executive Kieran Burke and two other board members.

Snyder's team is now poised to move ahead with their turnaround plan, which includes scrapping the mascot known as "Mr. Six" who has been a central part of the company's marketing strategy.

Looks like Mr Six's Pandemonium will just be called Pandemonium at SFNE.