TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

spelling

BurritoKing99

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sensitive to spelling mistakes since I have a degree in English, although I make spelling mistakes too.

I think if you spell a word wrong, Robb foams at the mouth and starts dancing around the room like a dinosaur, but don't quote me on that.

^ I agree Eric.

With so many spell checkers out there that come with just about every email software, there is no excuse for poor spelling or grammar in posts.

It takes all of about 10 seconds to spell check your posts.

I have to be honest, I see it more in 'younger' members of the forum and I know that's one of the reasons why many forums have an age restriction.

--Robb "Just use good spelling and grammar and all will be fine." Alvey

The thing that still boggles my mind is when people shorten works that are already extremely short. Like "u" instead of going two more letters for "you," or the number "2" for "to." Is it that much harder to type one more letter? Also, when people use the "@" for "at," when it is much easier to type "a" and "t" rather then holding down the shift key and searching for the 2.

^Exactly! What's so hard about typing "a-t" instead of @. I mean, it's just proper english and grammer. And I should know because I'm in an honors language arts class.

Some thing with because. I mean, I'm guilty with this, but still, why can't you write because instead of 'cause or cos. Besides, you pronounce 'cause caw-su, like the word cause. I mean, because is a long word, but writing cos or 'cause is just lazy(and no I'm not calling myself lazy.)

--Davon "I feel like a proper english and grammer dork" Dorsey

I mean, I'm guilty with this, but still, why can't you write because instead of 'cause or cos.

Wow, When I see cos, I think of Cosine... And you call yourself a dork???

What annoys me is when people SAY "W-T-F." I mean, hello, there are more sylibles in saying the letters then just saying "What The F%&K".

Rob "math, science, and engineering is FAR more dorkier than english" D

^I didn't call myself a dork. I said I felt like a dork. I would never call myself a dork. Or anyone else for that matter.

And yes there is more syllables.

W-T-F has 5, while the actual phrase only has 3.

anyway, is this topic getting a bit out of hand?

I type quick so sometimes i make mistakes in the words. But also, if you use text style typing on a web-site, i think it doesnt make it look professional. If the words are proper, i think it does. I only use text style on MSN Messenger.