TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Erik & Smisty & TPR do Germany, Belgium, and France

Part 2: Exotic Belgium

7 hours ago, OldJJman said:

Great job Erik!! Anyone who can get a “Galaxy Quest” quote in a trip report is a star!!!

The old man speaks the truth!

I also agree about bad karma = Boomerang. Really bad karma = SLC. Hideously bad karma = Golden Horse knockoff SLC.

I love this report--thanks for finally updating it.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:16 PM, Electerik said:

I enjoyed this more than I thought I might. It was fun! The slow roll out of the station is a gimmick I could do without, though. Especially as I suspect that it's the reason they won't let you wear glasses on the ride even with a strap.

Which brings up a bigger issue for me. Like, I kind of don't like that they keep making more and more extreme rides but then you can't really enjoy them because the safety features need to be equally extreme. Like, I'd rather just ride Wodan, you know? I guess this is really just my RMC complaint put in a broader context, isn't it?

I'm with you on this, and I figured it was just me getting older. I think RMC has done amazing things for the industry, but some of the newer ride elements that enthusiasts seem to rave about (like outward-bank airtime hills and stalls and whatnot) do kind of baffle me. The first roll on this thing just looks really unpleasant, even though it's likely cool to watch from the ground. It probably won't be long before RMC does their first fully inverted chain lift or an outward-bank turn that slowly grazes you up against a cactus or something.

And, as always, great report!

• Haha 1