TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any thoughts on what 2021 will look like!?

1 hour ago, JJLehto said:

Given most parks were open in 2020, and we're seeing the numbers way down (44% over the last 2 weeks!) and the vaccine is rolling out I have to imagine all the same parks will be open and those that weren't will be, least at some point. Capacity? I gotta assume will be begin limited, but as the year goes on may get loosened/dropped? Prob state dependent as always, I'm sure some will wanna go to normal ASAP others will prob hold off the whole year. 

My question is what about 2020 rides? I get it's a financial risk to invest $ into a project when you expect down revenue, but well I'm selfish lol and I did hold off on parks that were open last year bc Im waiting for their new rides to open. But parks dont cater to me XD I do hope everything slated to open in 2020 opens up. I mean, this is the year things will slowly return to normal and it could help draw people in? Construction started on most (all?) so I'm hopeful they all will open.
Needless to say Im thinking Iron Gwazi, Ice Breaker, Pantheon, Jersey Devil but I'm sure I've missed some. 

I will be very surprised if Pantheon, Iron Gwazi, Ice Breaker, and Emperor do not open this year. Those rides were already very close to completion right when COVID hit. They took most of 2020 off, and in the last few months it seems like finishing touches has picked up on all of the rides. Ice Breaker has been testing, Iron Gwazi and Emperor were already testing before COVID hit. Pantheon is the most "behind" in terms of testing (or lack thereof) but I think it will open this year.

Jersey Devil could go either way. They definitely picked up work on it and finished trackwork. But there is still a lot to do, and as we all know from West Coast Racers and other projects, Six Flags likes to take their sweet time. It is also possible that Emperor does not open, but that would only be if California stays shut all year (which seems unlikely). If they permit the park to open, I bet Emperor will open.

All in all, I am feeling a lot more optimistic now about 2021 than I was in the fall.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

I will be very surprised if Pantheon, Iron Gwazi, Ice Breaker, and Emperor do not open this year. Those rides were already very close to completion right when COVID hit. They took most of 2020 off, and in the last few months it seems like finishing touches has picked up on all of the rides. Ice Breaker has been testing, Iron Gwazi and Emperor were already testing before COVID hit. Pantheon is the most "behind" in terms of testing (or lack thereof) but I think it will open this year.

Jersey Devil could go either way. They definitely picked up work on it and finished trackwork. But there is still a lot to do, and as we all know from West Coast Racers and other projects, Six Flags likes to take their sweet time. It is also possible that Emperor does not open, but that would only be if California stays shut all year (which seems unlikely). If they permit the park to open, I bet Emperor will open.

All in all, I am feeling a lot more optimistic now about 2021 than I was in the fall.

Agreed with basically all of it. I try to temper expectations but it does seem hopeful. And Jersey Devil is lower on the priority only bc no matter where I end up in the US I'll always visit NJ since the family is there, so can easily pop by. I agree, this is much better than I felt even a few months ago. I think a good year can be salvaged, and by the end normalcy. All around. 

In the UK, things are going in the right direction and Boris today announced a pretty slow and steady route out of lockdown. In terms of theme parks, the earliest they can open is 12th of April, but indoor dining not until at least 17th May. 

Mixing of households indoors is also not allowed until 17th May, so it seems like Thorpe Park's penchant for not putting roofs on their most recent coaster stations will give them the last laugh.

• 1 month later...