TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Well if they need maintenance folks who aren't afraid of heights, they should hire some from the B.C. Cobb plant. That stack is 650ft tall. Great sight to see from Shivering Timbers.

I know alot of guys from the B.C Cobb plant. They make a lot more then 10 an hour hahahaha

I'm not to disappointed in the lack of a windseeker... I would have been irked, honestly, considering Cedar Point and Kings Island (the other two parks I frequent) had gotten them recently, and I find them lackluster. A drop tower, on the other hand... They could be worried about the incident at (was it Kentucky Kingdom?) a while back where a cable snapped cut a girl's legs off. So I guess drop towers don't exactly have the cleanest of records either.

Either way, this park needs flat rides. I've said multiple times that I would love a new coaster, but if the "major capital" were a three flat ride package or something of the sort, I would be just as excited.

Unless one of those is a disk-o.

I'm not to disappointed in the lack of a windseeker... I would have been irked, honestly, considering Cedar Point and Kings Island (the other two parks I frequent) had gotten them recently, and I find them lackluster. A drop tower, on the other hand... They could be worried about the incident at (was it Kentucky Kingdom?) a while back where a cable snapped cut a girl's legs off. So I guess drop towers don't exactly have the cleanest of records either.

Either way, this park needs flat rides. I've said multiple times that I would love a new coaster, but if the "major capital" were a three flat ride package or something of the sort, I would be just as excited.

I dont mind discos.

Not gonna happen happen but a frissbee style ride would be cool, or an air race

I dont mind discos.

Not gonna happen happen but a frissbee style ride would be cool, or an air race

I don't mind them either, but, similar to my (potential) complaint about a windseeker, Cedar Point and Kings Island both have relatively new ones, and seeing MiA follow suit with another lackluster ride would be... annoying. Cedar Point is right around the corner from the Detroit area (where I'm from) and if Michigan's Adventure gets the same new ride Cedar Point just got, MiA is barely worth the trip across the state.

Now when the new flyers got installed at MiA before Cedar Point, that was pretty nice. I just want to see MiA get different rides from Cedar Point.

^ Yeah, I'd be pretty happy with that! It's not an Intamin Mega-Lite or Hyper, or Chance Hyper-GTX, but it would still be really fun, and definitely affordable! Unlike the Playland model, I'd like to see one at MiA actually feature that twist that the model on the site shows!

A Screamin' Swing would be fantastic. Skyhawk is one of my fav rides at CP.

Oops! I meant to say a Sky Screamer/Funtime "StarFlyer" type of swing ride - at least 250-300 feet (unless there is a height restriction.) That being said, I love Screamin' Swings too! I would be happy with one at MiA, especially if it could swing out over the water!

^ Yeah, I'd be pretty happy with that! It's not an Intamin Mega-Lite or Hyper, or Chance Hyper-GTX, but it would still be really fun, and definitely affordable! Unlike the Playland model, I'd like to see one at MiA actually feature that twist that the model on the site shows!

Oops! I meant to say a Sky Screamer/Funtime "StarFlyer" type of swing ride - at least 250-300 feet (unless there is a height restriction.) That being said, I love Screamin' Swings too! I would be happy with one at MiA, especially if it could swing out over the water!

A screaming swing would fit perfectly where Fallon. Star once was and it'd be very cool to swing out over the water. But unfortunately that makes too much sense so it'll probably never happen similar to the path behind wolverine wildcat.

A launch El Loco with an extended layout seems feasible for MiA. Some inversions, and a beyond vertical drop anyone?

Or possibly something along the lines of Sky Rocket at Kennywood.

Even a regular el loco would be cool

A screaming swing would fit perfectly where Fallon. Star once was and it'd be very cool to swing out over the water. But unfortunately that makes too much sense so it'll probably never happen similar to the path behind wolverine wildcat.

Id like to see a combo year.

Larson super loop and drop tower

or

S&S combo tower, extreme swing, and 4d coaster

or

Chance gtx, and chance revolution

Never ever ever ever gonna happen. But its really fun to dream

Random change of topic, but I can't believe how many people on social media complain about ticket prices. It's always "I WOULD GO IF IT WASN'T SO EXPENSIVE!!"

To be fair, tickets, parking, and food have shot up. Prices have shot up with no new additions in ages.

If they really wanted more people at the park, they could adjust prices, but I'm not sure that's the desire. Can the park handle more people?

Do any other parks in the CF lineup have a free water park? If not, I still think MA is the best value park of them all.

Yes, only Cedar Point and Knotts Berry Farm have separate admission waterparks.

As for whining about prices...you get that with everything nowadays. We have an event near here that offers over 14 hours of family entertainment for just $8-$10 plus $5 parking. But people say that's too expensive and children 3 feet and under get in free. Everyone always wants lower prices or they blow up about it. I think the prices at MiA are reasonable.

I'm sure something will be on the way soon.

If they really wanted more people at the park, they could adjust prices, but I'm not sure that's the desire. Can the park handle more people?

In its present state, not really, at least not well... Thank goodness they've expanded Wildwater Adventure so much, because that's where everybody goes, and I remember it was WAY to packed last time I was there (9 years ago.) This time, in spite of more people, it seemed less congested. I was thinking in the ride park, however, that it's not a park that could handle an onslaught of people in its present state. The key way to mitigate that? (Prepare the dead horse for its beating!) Build that connecting midway next to Wolverine Wildcat to circulate people better, as well as give them some other things to do (filling line queues.) I would definitely NOT want to see a headlining new coaster at MiA, until that first step was completed, personally...

As for the cost of MiA? I don't much care for raising prices without a commensurate reason such as a large capital investment to go with it. That being said, MiA is still a pretty good value, comparatively, given what you're getting there!

Cedar Point was gonna have an announcement yesterday, KI today, and wof tomorrow. Any guesses if and when MIA has theirs?

I think we all wish we knew, with CP supposedly receiving some track earlier today, it just seems to make this whole very little expansion thing suck more. We can hope they announce something soon atleast.