TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video and Question about 4K HDTVs!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - I do not have a 4K TV

6 - If the content and technology for it picks up, I would strongly consider it for my next TV but that is a couple of years away.

7 - Much more interested in 4K than 3D. I have no interest in 3D.

same

Also the same

1. Do you have a 4K HDTV? Yes/No (If no, jump to question #6)

Nope. I don't really have the money for it, and even if I did, it wouldn't be very high on my list of things to get.

6. If you don't have a 4K HDTV, how important is it to you to get one?

Not very. I hardly watch any TV nowadays, so don't really care for getting one. As for computer screens, I'm quite settled on large 1080p displays (and on seeing/providing content that works better for 1080p and mobile viewers) at the moment. I like higher frame-rate content more than higher resolution content, anyways, but that's just a personal preference.

7. If you were to buy a new HDTV, what feature would be more important to you? 3-D or 4K? Or both or neither?

4k, definitely. 3D is a neat feature on only certain things if done effectively, but why waste money on something that has few content out there to see it with? Of course, that would change with more content providers providing more 3D content to view... but I digress.

No

Not important

7. If you were to buy a new HDTV, what feature would be more important to you? 3-D or 4K? Or both or neither?

Just 4K

Hey everyone! First a little gift for you. Here's a 4K Ultra HD video of Impulse at Knoebels:

If you have a 4K HD TV that streams directly from YouTube in 4K please let us know how it is!

And now a little survey for you! Please answer below as it will help us determine how many more 4K videos we post. It's almost important that you respond if you DON'T have a 4K HD TV!

2. What brand do you have?

3. Does your 4K TV have an app that streams YouTube in 4K?

4. Do you watch videos from YouTube in 4K?

5. How noticeable is the increase in quality to you?

Thanks for your input!

1. Yes I have a 4K Ultra HD TV

2. Sony 65"

3. Yes, I can stream 4K from you tube

4. When I can, but I usually watch most of my you tube on my PC or iPhone

5. The quality increase is not a huge difference... Only because it upscales everything I watch, and does a fantastic job, so if the 1080 picture is good quality, the 4k upscale does its job and makes it look even better... but don't get me wrong, there is a difference, its just not as much as it was when you went SD-HD of course

6. N/A

7. N/A (but I also love my 3D with my 4K)

Jeromy

No. I have a 40" flat screen tube tv on the main floor and a 46" Samsung plasma in my bedroom. I do have an HDMI cable upstairs which takes it up to 11 on the bad ass scale.

Not at all. Let me put it this way - when I was shopping for a new computer the only criteria I had was that I wanted to open the laptop up and every single day think, "Damn that's a great screen!" Every night when I get in bed I turn on my plasma and am amazed how absofreakinglutely perfect my tv is. The colors are great - blacks are true blacks - and the clarity is unbeatable. There's never any reflections on it, they clearly fixed the heating problem from way back when dinos roamed because it doesn't get hot at all. I went to MicroCenter and lined up 6 of the best quality laptops there are, syncing them to youtube videos of what else??? TPR coaster POVs! It came down to a Toshiba 4K vs. a Macbook Pro. Hands down there wasn't even a chance that the 4K could beat the Retina screen in terms of smoothness, colors, clarity. I walked out with the MBP and a month later my boyfriend got the Toshiba 4k. On its own 4k is good but at home he asks to use my Mac to watch things since the clarity and colors are so much better!

TL;DR - Mac or plasma > 4k

Between the two, 4K is more interesting as we had a 3D tv and hardly ever used the glasses. HTH!

1. Do you have a 4K HDTV?

No

Not important. When my current TV dies, the replacement will most likely be 4K by default.

4K for sure. I hope 3D goes away.

1. Do you have a 4K HDTV? Yes/No

No

As of right now, I don't see myself dumping all that money for a new TV when mine still works fine. Quality isn't the biggest issue for me because my current HDTV works fine, and I watch a lot of hockey games. The streams I use usually have crappy quality anyways. So I would only consider a new TV if mine craps the bed, or price goes down a lot on 4Ks.

Most likely 4K, but price will also be a big factor on which one I choose.

1. Yes, used as a computer monitor, replacing dual 1080p

2. Seiki 39", the cheapest out there

3. YouTube4K-compatible but capped at 30fps

4. Sometimes, but I don't really seek out 4K content in particular.

5. Totally noticeable but not mind-blowing

7. I Would be interested in both but would also consider models with one or neither. 4K > 3D

Edited by ejot