TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dubai Parks & Resorts Discussion Thread! Motiongate, Lego...

Thanks for the review, sounds like the best coaster in Dubai and gives the Intamin's down the road a run for their money as the best in the UAE. Would love to see an official POV of this ride some day!

Sorry - but the privilege of shooting a POV is being "reserved" until our friends at Theme Park Review visit us in March!

• 4 weeks later...

That's because I always go early in the morning and try to avoid people. In Dubai there is a law that says you can't post photos of people on social media without their permission. Hence the parks always look a lot quieter than they actually are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
That's because I always go early in the morning and try to avoid people. In Dubai there is a law that says you can't post photos of people on social media without their permission. Hence the parks always look a lot quieter than they actually are.

Same here in Saudi. I do hope to see more soon!

Any news of the Hunger Games ride?

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Any suggestions where to purchase discount tickets to Ferrari World, Motion Gate, IMG, and the Burj tower?

I'll be there 8-9 May.

Thanks

Peter.

For Motiongate - keep an eye on their website. They just announced some AMAZING "Summertime" deals that should be in effect when you are visiting - just need to purchase them through the park's webstore.

http://www.motiongatedubai.com

For Motiongate - keep an eye on their website. They just announced some AMAZING "Summertime" deals that should be in effect when you are visiting - just need to purchase them through the park's webstore.

http://www.motiongatedubai.com

Thanks for the pointer, I couldn't find anything on their site (which keeps crashing, so they may be updating it), but did find info here:

http://www.dayofdubai.com/news/dubai-parks-and-resorts-announces-new-operating-hours-and-packages-summer

Unfortunately not good for me as it only starts 21 May.

The good:

AED 195: admission to any one park with endless food and drink

AED 295: admission to any kind of 2 parks over eventually with endless food and drink (not sure what this means, but it's a direct quote)

The bad: Parks open for less hours and starts later. Though it is damn hot middle of the day so open longer is welcome.

MOTIONGATE ™ Dubai Daily 2pm-10pm

Bollywood Parks ™ Dubai Daily 4pm-12am

LEGOLAND ® Dubai Daily 12pm- 8pm

LEGOLAND ® Theme park Daily: 10am-- 7 pm

Motiongate Dubai is beginning the technical rehearsal period today for their brand new How to Train Your Dragon area.

The entire new "world" is absolutely breathtaking - photos just don't do it justice!

I'm sure DubaiDave will be posting lots of photos soon. In the meantime, will give everyone a few photos of the beautiful trains from the new headliner attraction, Dragon Gliders - an inverted powered coaster from Mack Rides

Pic4.jpg.f830a7c19fa3b118397213b13fc7d2c0.jpg

Pic3.jpg.749738e4c7c199ab99637c28a958e87b.jpg

Heres a few photos from today. They are not the best quality as the lighting is pretty dark but it should give you an idea of the how to train your dragon area.

The dragon flyers ride is amazing with really good animatronics and scenes. It also is fairly fast in places and each of the three cars gives you a different ride experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HOLY CRAP! That looks like such a fun ride! I don't really know much about the movies at all but the ride seems like a lot of fun. A lot of different elements and good use of real effects and projections. AWESOME!

Jimmy "I really need to get over to Dubai" Bo

• 1 year later...

DXB Entertainments (previously Dubai Parks & Resorts) has announced that Six Flags Dubai is on hold as the project no longer has funding.

https://www.reuters.com/article/emirates-six-flags/update-1-six-flags-dubai-theme-park-put-on-hold-as-funding-withdrawn-idUSL5N20167T

5728a80c80cf8-six-flags-dubai-parks-and-resorts-theme-park-1200x698.thumb.jpg.b1af7bf53931a86bae62d2242dcf6e2c.jpg

DXB Entertainments PJSC said on Wednesday that the Six Flags theme park in Dubai had been put on hold as the financing for the project was no longer available. The move is the latest sign that the Gulf’s leading tourism and commerce hotspot is being buffeted by the impact of an economic slowdown in the region triggered by lower oil prices and geopolitical tensions.

DXB Entertainments said the decision came after its board in August 2018 mandated a strategic review of its future development plans and capital deployment. That included Six Flags Dubai, once slated to open later this year. “In the intervening period, actions, including formal notification by Six Flags, resulted in funders’ concerns being raised specifically in relation to the revised projections for the Six Flags Dubai Project,” the firm said in a statement.

As a result, the syndicated financing intended to help pay for the park is no longer available and the project cannot proceed, it added.

A flurry of theme parks and other entertainment offerings have emerged in the United Arab Emirates in recent years, with some struggling due to low visitor numbers and high costs.

The company last year said it had restructured 4.2 billion dirhams ($1.1 billion) in bank debt and received fresh funding from its majority shareholder, Meraas Holding, a Dubai government-linked developer. Its most recent third-quarter financial results showed a narrowing of losses compared to the year earlier and a rise in visitor numbers for the period.

DXB Entertainments said the scope of its strategic review will be adjusted and an update will be provided in due course.

In neighbouring Saudi Arabia, theme park operator Six Flags is involved in a park in a project being built on a 334 square km (8,400 acre) site, making it 2-1/2 times the size of Disney World. ($1 = 3.6726 UAE dirham) (Reporting by Tom Arnold and Asma Alsharif Editing by Alexander Smith)