TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Olympia Looping in England???

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news for our British friends. Man, it can not be cheap to ship Olympia Looping just for a couple of weeks to London.

I mean, they wouldn't do it if it weren't at least somewhat profitable.

I wonder how much it will cost to ride Olympia? I don't remember what it was in Germany,

when TPR was at a small town's beer festival, and Olympia was there, in 2010. Our ride

fees were covered (Thanks Robb & Elissa!) and we got ERT on it during the day,

before it was open to the gp.

714804746_ResizeofJ-09.jpg.2af70611c997641d4ab1908f9a7761e2.jpg

My Ring-s Shot. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.

I wonder how much it will cost to ride Olympia?

I reckon £8-£12, probably will land right in the middle.

Sidenote for anyone interested on the 17th of November (Thursday) there is a preview night from 5-9pm where you pay £60 for an unlimited wristband! If anyone would like to go you have to signup here:

http://www.supporttheroyalparks.org/events/events_in_hyde_park/1654_winter_wonderland_charity_preview_night?utm_source=registeredinterest&utm_campaign=ww2016&utm_medium=email&utm_content=WW%20link%201&dm_i=1EGE,4JURO,O1WY5F,GVEME,1

^ Okay, cool, thanks. And lucky you guys who do the Preview Unlimited Night!

Even at my age now, I'd do that, to make up for the umpteen rides I didn't take on it,

when we were in Germany. The weather was very hot and humid that day, for myself.

And shade was at a premium there at this fair. So I got one ride on it, and then had

to retreat to whatever shade I could find. Until we were allowed to go into a tent,

for our meal and drinks. (And that greasy greasy pole, hmm Elissa?)

Good times.

961635495_ResizeofJ-07.jpg.3e7b65a778c66c00da986e0eb0e96cd9.jpg

The other shot of it I took, from the Midway's Sky Wheel cabin.

I think it will be ten pounds or over. Wilde Mause XXL was eight or nine pounds last year, and I guess it will be more than XXL.

Wild Maus XXL was £8 last year but I have the feeling they could go cheap because of its capacity to encourage rerides maybe.

I think it will be ten pounds or over. Wilde Mause XXL was eight or nine pounds last year, and I guess it will be more than XXL.

Wild Maus XXL was £8 last year but I have the feeling they could go cheap because of its capacity to encourage rerides maybe.

I hope so, and thanks for telling me the Wild Maus people ripped me off.

It's a shame that Winter Wonderland us such a massive rip-off, as they have some truly amazing rides there, especially if Olympia is there, and as a result, my wallet is likely to get a lot lighter this winter .-.

I understand that the organizers of the event and owners of the rides also need to make a profit, but surely a permanent wristband system would attract more people who already view it as a money-grabbing event (myself included).

It's a shame that Winter Wonderland us such a massive rip-off, as they have some truly amazing rides there, especially if Olympia is there, and as a result, my wallet is likely to get a lot lighter this winter .-.

I understand that the organizers of the event and owners of the rides also need to make a profit, but surely a permanent wristband system would attract more people who already view it as a money-grabbing event (myself included).

The reason theres not a wristband system is it would be incredibly expensive to enter while still being fair to all the operators. Theres well over 50 different showmen/showomen there and splitting the money equally would be nearly impossible. Renting out Hyde Park isn't exactly cheap and you would be suprised at how much profit they make as its nowhere near as much as you would think.

The offical announcement does reveal that it will not be called Olympia Looping in England instead it will be known as Munich Looping.

It is speculated that there are copy right issues.

----

Fans of Winter Wonderland, the wait is finally over.

After many months of speculation & then weeks of 'is it or isn't it', I can now finally officially & exclusively reveal this year's brand new huge ride coming all the way from the famous Oktoberfest in Germany......I give you:

***NEW FOR 2016***

Barth's Munich Looping Roller Coaster.

"PWR Events and The Royal Parks are thrilled to announce that the Munich Looping, the world’s largest transportable roller coaster, is confirmed for this year’s event. This famous ride, which features annually at the popular Oktoberfest in Munich, will make its UK debut to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.

First appearing in 1989, this spectacular coaster has gone on to become one of the most legendary travelling rides worldwide. Unique in terms of pure size and scale, it boasts five loops for the ultimate thrill"

This is history in the making, in its 27 year history this is the first time it has been off the mainland continent and the largest ride of its kind to set foot in the United Kingdom.

50+ lorries have transported it here ready to open for your delight and to thrill from the 18th of November till the 2nd of January (excluding Christmas Day).

Created by legendary coaster designers Anton Schwarzkopf and Werner Stengel it is the largest transportable roller coaster in the world.

It boasts 5 vertical loops which can pull up to 5.2g's. It's dimensions are 85m long by 36m wide by 34m high and with a top speed of 52mph/84kph it is as smooth as silk even after all these years.

Check back later this evening for a Munich Looping Photo Special and I hope you can all share in my excitement at this incredible & extremely lucky opportunity to have this machine at London's Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 10th anniversary spectacular.

Anything to do with the Olympics, including the rings and the name Olympia/ic, are trademarks of the IOC and they are quite aggressive with defending it. Barth seems to have got through the court system in Germany but can't/didn't want to bother in the UK for just 2 months