TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2014 Winter Olympics

bbomser

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the end of the Olympics. it means I don't have to hear arguments about hockey for another 4 years.

That's right I hate "Soccer on ice"

Now you have to hear arguments about actual soccer with the world cup.

The hockey games were the ONLY hockey games I have ever watched and actually enjoyed.

Why? Because of the rule of NO FIGHTING in the game. Instant ejection from the

Olympics if it happens. So no fights took place, and the games were as intense as ever.

Which begs the question - the Olympics hockey games were (mostly) exciting. So why can't

the NHL be the same way, and instigate the same no-fight rule and see what happens?

Or are the big tough million(s) dollar hockey players not able to separate violence from play?

Apparently they can in an Olympic hockey game, so....?

Awesome find Dave Thomas. If a recall he wasn't even the Staten Island champ at his weight class. He had a nemesis Fred Davis whom he could not ever beat. They drew a few times but Gary never beat him.

I love the end of the Olympics. it means I don't have to hear arguments about hockey for another 4 years.

That's right I hate "Soccer on ice"

Now you have to hear arguments about actual soccer with the world cup.

All the foreign players will be murdered in Brazil!

I jest, I jest.

Edited by larrygator

• 2 weeks later...
The hockey games were the ONLY hockey games I have ever watched and actually enjoyed.

Why? Because of the rule of NO FIGHTING in the game. Instant ejection from the

Olympics if it happens. So no fights took place, and the games were as intense as ever.

Which begs the question - the Olympics hockey games were (mostly) exciting. So why can't

the NHL be the same way, and instigate the same no-fight rule and see what happens?

Or are the big tough million(s) dollar hockey players not able to separate violence from play?

Apparently they can in an Olympic hockey game, so....?

I totally agree with you. I guess the NHL hockey is for less sophisticated public who loves to see two mens beat each other