TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc du Tarbes - Get Your RevenGe in 2015! [RCT3]

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dive machine.

There is no turn around at the top? Maybe it's a new style with the smaller trains like Krake at Heide Park.

wing rider.

Due to the limited "risk-taking" the park is willing to do, I'm highly doubting this. However, I have a tendency to doubt what is actually true.

Well I cant wait to see what it is but I am thinking Dive Machine but I am still trying to figure out what is with the Intamin track.

I don't know what's going on with the Intamin track either! I bet when the park releases everything Friday they will *hopefully* tell us what is going on with that.

B&M giga coaster!!!!!!!

I WISH! Sorry, but the track is about 3/4 the way up the height of SkyTower. SkyTower, at the tippy-top, is exactly 200ft. So, the ride's height at the peak is approximately 150ft, persay... A lot taller than Lynx that's for sure!

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of information that TOUR has gathered here...It'll be posted the minute I get a chance to!

-Griffin

You can run, you can try to stay coVered, but we're hungry for more.

Don't try to saVe yourself, as we'Ve taken thirty-two already.

709631618_NoussommeslinVasion..jpg.e5b879de6b64534d7fa9b14ea5b0239a.jpg

The inVasion has arriVed.

<>

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktouokdo0K1qzgahto1_500.jpg

So, yet another five "V"s, the last one being blue, and a picture. However, in this one they say that the inVasion is planning on attacking in two days...the 25th of August. 25.8.11 Here we go!

Is it me, or is that picture vaguely familiar?

-Griffin

TOUR

Tarbes Organization of Ubiquitous Raptors

Organisation des Raptors de Tarbes omniprésents

Final Results

August 24, 2011

After spending two months here in Tarbes, France, we eight ornithologists have planned, executed, and collected enough data to justify our prediction.

Unanimously, TOUR has uncovered that the entire ecosystem in Tarbes will collapse by approximately March 24th, 2011, resulting in total domination of the rapacious population. There may be a way of preventing this, but for now, there is no return to the prior, stable ecosystem.

We are warning every citizen in Tarbes to always be on guard. Due to previous encounters, these raptors may consider you as prey, and then proceed to attack, hurt, and possibly kill you. This is the worst possible outcome, but it is the truth. Overall, we give you our final results in attempt to give you knowledge about what is, might, and will occur in your area, hoping that you will protect yourselves and others.

Thank you for your support and effort towards our organization. Without your cooperation and assistance, our findings would have never been what they ultimately were. Again, we thank you, showing that we appreciate everything that has been done for us eight.

Best Wishes,

TOUR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, tomorrow is the big day.

To my shocking surprise, when I read this document, everything just *clicked* in my brain! TOUR, the studies, the viral .V., the inVasion, and everything else just meshed into one, and now I know what's going on at Parc du Tarbes.

I'm not going to explain everything, or anything for that matter , because I want to see what you think of all of this. Give it your best shot, because tomorrow it will all be known!

And I promise, immediately after the release, I will post everything!

-Griffin

P.S. - Don't think too much...it's been right in front of our eyes the whole time!

VauTour

“Tear the Sky”

683359556_VauTourLogo.jpg.4cbb9c029414d4e245707f1c119df48f.jpg

In 2012, a monstrous, ravenous beast will be unleashed upon the grounds of Parc du Tarbes in France. Soaring through the sky at menacing speeds, the creature will hunt and attack anyone willing to be caught in its talons, holding them mercilessly as it rips through the sky on its rapacious flight. Climbing up into the sky, dropping straight-down, inverting five times, twisting, banking, and turning, this bird of prey is on the hunt – and you are its prey.

Get ready to “Tear the Sky” on the Longest, Tallest, Fastest, and Steepest Wing Rider roller coaster in the world – VauTour.

Shot0093.jpg.5bec06f63274782e4c858f6b6c4cf000.jpg

A new “Wing-Walker” design from the world-renowned Swiss roller coaster manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard, the multi-million Euro attraction will tear the skyline of Parc du Tarbes in Spring of 2012. Challenging riders to get caught in its talons, VauTour carries its prey up 140 feet before dropping them straight down 165 feet into a ravine. Hitting a maximum speed of 69 mph, VauTour menacingly flies out from below and rips through its first inversion, a 123 foot corkscrew, and then dives down into a 270° turn at a 90° angle. Completing a unique, first-ever element named the “Raptor Roll,” VauTour then maneuvers over observing guests, diving back down to the ground once again. After racing through gullies, valleys, and ravines, VauTour rises up to invert its prey for a third time, sending them spinning through a 360° Zero-G roll. The raptor then throws its victims on their sides, performing a world’s first “fly-over” overbank element, and rushes over on-looking guests preparing to face the immense monster. Slamming into a corkscrew, airtime hill, and upward helix, VauTour then spins through its final inversion, an inline twist, and returns its terrified prey back to the ground.

“This attraction will be unlike any other attraction in the world,” states the park’s CEO, Mr. Verand Première II. “We are doing things with this project that we have never done before, let alone anyone has ever done before. The design, structure, trains, scenery, and surrounding area are completely new and unique, giving this previously ‘dead’ area of the park new life.”

“After construction was completed on LynX back in 2005, we knew, as an entire group, that the park would one day need another roller coaster. When we got word of Raptor at Gardaland, we immediately knew that this was the type of ride that would attract new guests to the park and keep guests coming back. Once Raptor was completed, we took a trip to Gardaland and discovered how incredible the ‘Wing-Walker’ design is, becoming extremely comfortable in our decision to continue with the attraction.”

“During the designing process of VauTour, we knew we wanted something that would ultimately push the boundaries of this type of ride. Overall, we wanted something that was immense, powerful, and ravenous, and this ride fills all three categories with record-breaking results. We wanted an attraction that when you walked up to the entrance, you second-guessed yourself before stepping in line, and this attraction will definitely fit the bill.”

As well as constructing the record-breaking steel roller coaster, the park will also be constructing a new eatery, shopping areas, outdoor seating and viewing locations for VauTour, a pathway connecting the northeast end of the park with the northwest end, and an S&S Power “Screamin’ Swing” for the 2012 season. The name of the swing attraction is yet to be revealed, but it will be “close in location” to VauTour park officials say.

“These new attractions will knock everyone’s socks off,” says Mr. Première, “and I hope VauTour will be as exceptional as it sounds!”

VauTour is the second roller coaster at Parc du Tarbes and is scheduled for opening on Saturday, March 24th, 2012.

Shot0101.jpg.3d8938f5fe159dacf9d49a65387f3105.jpg

Statistics

Name: Vautour (VauTour - “Tear the Sky”)

Length: 3,795 ft.

Height: 140 ft.

Drop: 165 ft.

Inversions: 5

Speed: 69 mph

Maximum Positive G’s: 4.5

Maximum Negative G’s: -2

Ride Time: Approximately 2:00+

Trains: 2 trains - 8 cars per train; maximum 32 passengers

Riders per Hour: Approximately 1,280 people

Cost: 25,000,000€

Shot0094.jpg.537759da7e39c43ddeab9b50aca87ce9.jpg

Elements

• 140’ Lift at 60° Angle

• 165’ Drop at 90° Angle

• 123’ Corkscrew

• 90° Banked 270° Turn

• Airtime Hill

• 92’ “Raptor Roll”

• Overbank Above Pathway

• Banked Turns and Flyovers

• 65’ Zero-G Roll

• 90° “Fly-Over” Overbank

• 30’ Corkscrew

• Airtime Hill

• In-line Twist Finale

Shot0095.jpg.e78fc4cdda4763b0a28f19d5c9debf91.jpg

Records

“Wing-Walker” Design

1. Longest – 3,795’; 2:00+ minutes

2. Tallest Lift – 140’

3. Steepest Lift - 60°

4. Tallest Drop – 165’

5. Steepest Drop - 90°

6. Fastest – 69 mph

7. Most Inversions – 5

8. Largest Trains – 32 people per Train

9. First ever 90° “Fly-Over” Overbank

10. First ever “Raptor Roll” Inversion

Shot0092.jpg.184c3b7321b26ba67d4958685e2e0a86.jpg

Awesome, especially with the whole viral marketing thing going on.

There is only one thing, this doesn't explain the random intamin track.

Yes, there is still that mystery. But, Griffin will be answering questions tomorrow about the attraction (including that one) so post your questions below!

If you e-mail TOUR at TOUR82011@LIVE.com, you may be one of the thirty-two lucky winners to "view" the experiments they are conducting. Be sure to send them an e-mail telling them your name and why you should be selected, because I hear you could actually be one of the first riders on VauTour in the spring too!

-Griffin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, what Griffin means is that if you e-mail TOUR, you may be selected to view the ride's POV early, giving you quite the jump on the attraction!

Bonjour tout le monde! C'est moi! I am so excited to talk to you all about this big reveal that Parc du Tarbes has made. VauTour is going to be the longest, tallest, fastest, steepest, hold the most inversions, have the largest capacity, and be the biggest 'Wing-Walker' in the world!

I entered the contest (yes, the e-mail actually works) and hope to be one of the first 32 picked to see the ride's POV early! I heard a rumored released date in early to mid-September, but I don't know if that's true.

Anyways, some of you entered questions that I am gladly willing to answer below! I'll also give you some insight on the 'viral' game itself and what the clues led to.

Awesome, especially with the whole viral marketing thing going on.

There is only one thing, this doesn't explain the random intamin track.

Ahh, the mysterious Intamin track. I didn't know the answer to this one, and had to ask park officials when they announced VauTour what that track really was doing there. They said that it is actually LynX's track painted blue! When LynX was manufactured, they had extra track made "just-in-case" they wanted to make it a different layout (I have NO idea why, but it's still weird). So, this time around, they painted the track blue and put it in with the track for VauTour, creating quite the buzz! It was all for hype, and it truely worked.

Omg, I totally love the Wing-Walker design, can't wait to see more pics of it and I cant wait to see what's the deal with the Intamin Track!

The park is planning on releasing some images later on in the coming months, but I'm not sure when. I hope the ride is going to be as great as it seems!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I have already said this park is amazing, can I have an overview shot of Lynx! Can you tell me what the Raptor Roll is? What is the Wing-Walker CTR that you are using also?

Haha, thank you! Literally this park was thrown together in under a week to create a setting for VauTour and the game that I wanted to play with the attraction. LynX took little effort, but I would gladly post a POV or overhead shot after I finish up with VauTour later next month.

The aptly named "Raptor Roll" is this inversion you see below...

thumb_shot0094.jpg.0d40e22467729a9d02a3dddf3ddd0a0f.jpg

When VauTour was in it's design process, it was originally going to be one standing attraction, like Undertaker was. But, I got the idea do to a viral game like Hersheypark does, and from there on out it was surrounded by Parc du Tarbes! But, after VauTour completes it's 123' corkscrew, it performs a complete 270° turnaround, resulting in the ride travelling in the same direction it came from. Hopping over a *tiny* bunny hop, I needed something to send it to the left. I had a swooping turn upwards to the left there, but didn't like it very much. I attempted another corkscrew, but the track was on top of the track at the base of the drop! The result? The "Raptor Roll" - half diving loop, half zero-g roll, total hotness.

The 'Wing-Walker' CTR that VauTour is created from is Nightfall's. I know the CTR is called "Nightflight", but I can't seem to find the link. Anyways, it's a great CTR, and I am happy to showcase the name and the creator for their fantastic work! Without it, the ride wouldn't have become a wing rider at all!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, now onto the good stuff!

I have to laugh a little, because the name of the attraction, VauTour, was staring you all in the face!

V=.V.

au = AU (Amusements Ultimes)

Tour = TOUR

VauTour = .V.AUTOUR

MAGIC! Anyways, throughout the course of the campaign, there were a lot of hints at everything in general. One hint that extremely stood out to me was the repeated line by the train conductor. He stated,

There seems to be SWARMs of RAPTORs in the area

Giving you two names of two wing riders!

Most of the studies done by Dr. Chase Rapacent (who's name means ravenous predator! ), documents by TOUR, etc. were ride facts and statistics.

Also, the constant references to birds of prey made me wonder why no one translated their names from English to French and see what they get! I thought for sure once someone translated "vulture" into French, they'd figure the entire thing out like I did.

Another great part was the "raptor attack" at the park. 5 raptors injuring 32 workers...

First off, V=5. Everyone knows that. That was hinting at the 5 inVersions on the attracion, which yrcrazy figured out! Then, the 32 injured workers are 'prey' to the raptors, having 32 riders "Tear the Sky" on each of VauTour's trains. Pretty smart, eh!

The inVasion was all about bird invasion in Tarbes and how the ride would "inVade Parc du Tarbes in 2012." This is because the ride takes up about 1/4 or 1/5 of the park's land, truely inVading the landscape!

If anyone has anymore questions, then please feel free to ask. I'm just counting down for March 24th, 2012!

-Griffin

I plan on releasing all of the viral campaign facts and such later on this week. Hope you figured it out just like Griffin did!

-griffonj2022

• 2 weeks later...

While X-Flight and Wild Eagle may take away some of VauTour's records when they open...

Shot0122.jpg.a9670f6f499f74266ee4f0f4cd793668.jpg

it will still be the longest,

Shot0107.jpg.186dbed0a46427f6159a4077e7d5d2f9.jpg

tallest,

Shot0110.jpg.bba93894b7d49a9e1f20e5273b414846.jpg

fastest,

Shot0111.jpg.f0ed225868070c461e32525383db6bac.jpg

and

Shot0124.jpg.931805f56a7c442c8ddc5dd4d73c12a2.jpg

steepest,

Shot0123.jpg.48cc3a016607bb41b946510fb4e9367f.jpg

wing-rider in the world!

Shot0116.jpg.b51929585c62b116e28aa115eacc3e67.jpg

TEAR THE SKY on September 10th, 2011

-griffonj2022

P.S. - Don't forget to e-mail TOUR at TOUR82011@LIVE.com to get an advanced POV viewing!

Hey everyone! Here's a list of the entire viral campaign in short explination..

Day 1 – July 31st, 2011

- Layout and “V” shown in image. Gives you the first letter of the attraction as well as a vague layout.

Day 2 – August 1st, 2011

- “V” in the pavement shows center of construction zone, the first letter of the attraction, and the entrance and exit for the attraction

Day 3 – August 2nd, 2011

- TOUR letter sent to Dr. Chase Rapacent, who’s name means ravenous predator (of French descent), talking of raptor invasion and attacks on humans. Studies planned until August 26th (original release date, but moved to the 25th) with 19 different species, or 19 attractions found within the park. The flight from the U.S. to France costs $2,500, giving the 25,000,000€ cost of attraction. Also, the letter is sent by Dr. André Commandant, whose name means brave leader.

Day 4 – August 3rd, 2011

- The invasion tear-out on the newspaper references to the invasion the attraction will be on the park. It takes up ¼, more or less, of the park’s current land.

Day 5 – August 4th, 2011

- The TOUR website is released, hiding a “V” in the bird’s wing on the front page. “V” picture with talons found within the “IMAGES” study (DONNÉES), along with active TOUR e-mail given. (YES, the e-mail works! Enter for an advanced POV viewing!)

Day 6 – August 6th, 2011

- The e-mail references to LynX and the viral campaign performed on that ride. It’s saying “This one will be better than the last!” essentially. The bird video references to the name of the ride, VauTour (Vulture), while the game Angry Birds references to the “biggest and baddest bird of prey of them all”. The anonymous .V. character does indeed look like a bird, but it wasn’t intentionally meant to look that way!

Day 7 – August 7th, 2011

- The list of aircraft found within the French Air Force and the note gave people a lot of clues and got a lot of ideas too! It was actually meant to reference back to an aircraft retired from the air force named the Sud Aviation Vautour, giving you the name of the attraction. The note also referenced the raptor theme, the anonymous .V., and as well as the 5 inVersions of the attraction.

Day 8 – August 8th, 2011

- The Greek mythology story was a way to give the name of the attraction, VauTour, without actually saying it. The five capitalized “V’s” give yet another hint at the 5 inVersions, while the track picture gave you something to ogle over!

Day 9 – August 9th, 2011

- The display of two types of track was a way to distract everyone from the real attraction that was coming. It was all for mass hype! I also tried to divert attention away from the Wing Rider type of ride to make it a surprise in the end.

- The return of Griffin to the park to interview workers wasn’t in the plan, but the hint given by the train conductor was a great way to get the hint out about the Wing Rider type of roller coaster. With him stating “There seems to be SWARMs of RAPTORs in the area,” you were given 2 known wing rider attractions already released! No one figured that out though!

- The map was also not meant to be included, but it was thrown in just for kicks.

Day 10 – August 10th, 2011

- Study #1 by Dr. Chase gives you two of the inversions (zero-g rolls), as well as the vertical dive over 100ft.

Day 11 – August 11th, 2011

- The reveal of the .V. website! This one was so fun to make, as it holds clues on every page!

1. The Title Page – The release date (moved to the 25th)

2. Birds & Men Page – Translated, this page says “Birds & Men will become Beasts & Monsters,” giving you a hint at the attraction manufacturer, B&M.

3. Wing Page – Translated, this page says “A lot of speed and wind here on the edge! I want to fly like a raptor finding its prey…;” this references to the wing rider design.

4. Password Page – The six letters missing from the passage spell out the word “TALONS” after re-arranged, giving you the password to the secret page.

5. Birds of Prey Page – After entering the password “TALONS,” the video for the Birds of Prey appears, along with words referencing to flying like a bird; this references to a wing rider design.

- The numbers 5 and 32 are hidden in the site, as well as the letters “RR”, referencing to the unique “Raptor Roll” inversion.

Day 12 – August 12th, 2011

- The warning statement released gives another form of hype, along with stating the number five.

Day 13 – August 13th, 2011

- The supposedly “hacked” park video was so fun to do! Really messing up the video was quite an exciting thing to do, giving everyone something to watch for awhile and create more hype for the attraction.

Day 14 – August 15th, 2011

- Study #2 by Dr. Chase gives yet another hint at the numbers 5 and 32, while having .V. tease at the name VauTour by asking what bird the attraction is named after (letter A for everyone that’s curious, E is DollyWood’s!). The number of feathers, 3,975, gave you the length of VauTour’s track, while the possible changing anatomy of the raptor’s wings gives you a change of B&M trains from sit-down, floorless, etc. to the new ‘Wing Walker’ “breed”.

Day 15 – August 16th, 2011

- The attack article is one of my favorites! The 5 raptors attacking the 32 workers was yet another reference to the numbers 5 and 32, giving you the number of inVersions, number of riders, etc. The “Talons” statement by the workers gave you the password to the secret page on the .V. site as well!

Day 16 – August 17th, 2011

- The noVel idea e-mail was yet another hint at the bird theme and the numbers 5 and 32.

Day 17 – August 18th, 2011

- Vertical construction was another method of hype. It was just a way to get you all thinking!

Day 18 – August 19th, 2011

- The sky burial information was fun to do too! A sky burial is a practice found within the Hindu religion where the body is dismembered after death and placed on a mountain for birds of prey to decompose. This references the ride’s slogan, "Tear the Sky", as well as the theme and name of the attraction. The phone number also includes the numbers 5 and 32.

- The picture is one of my favorite shots I have ever taken and edited, and just gave everyone something to look forward too!

Day 20 – August 20th, 2011

- Another teaser image with the five capitalized “V’s” hints at the 5 inVersions and name.

Day 21 – August 21st, 2011

- Study #3 by Dr. Chase hints at the opening of the attraction in “six to seven months,” while the ten experiments at the ten records that VauTour will break when it opens. 32 members were also selected for viewing these experiments, hinting at the number of people per train.

Day 22 – August 22nd, 2011

- The “thank you” e-mail from TOUR reveals that their headquarters are right inside the park, as well as causing Griffin to run to the park and find track put up. This caused quite the idea-spitting on what the attraction was!

Day 23 – August 23rd, 2011

- The inVasion e-mail gave yet another hint at the 5 inVersions, size of the attraction in the park, as the bird theme of the ride. I really like the line “V-MINUS TWO DAYS” at the bottom!

Day 24 – August 24th, 2011

- TOUR’s final results reveal the opening date of the attraction, March 24th, 2012, one week ahead of Wild Eagle’s!

Day 25 – August 25th, 2011

- Release of VauTour!

If you have any questions about the anything, feel free to ask. Also, don't forget to e-mail TOUR at TOUR82011@LIVE.com to get an early look at VauTour's POV!

-griffonj2022

Of course! Ignore the construction however, I still have some foliage to put in...okay a lot or foliage to put in. And the footers sometimes disappear when you zoom out, but they're there!

Shot0143.jpg.9a78ed4a69d9848d73d531fc6da07233.jpg

This picture gives a little better view of the layout.

Shot0144.jpg.ec65f97192ee037b6e88f766ca154e49.jpg

On this one you can see how the track dives underneath the lift into the corkscrew, while you can't see it as clearly on the overview.

Shot0145.jpg.4fb57710df17ad0e24a7b0fe3c6c8e9c.jpg

Any questions or comments are appreciated!

-griffonj2022

^Thank you! Is this how they should be or are they only on one side? I'm using another custom flat ride that's a Screamin' Swing, so they don't exactly fit as well as they do on ImagineerJohn's.

Shot0147.jpg.db2bef6b1be5cf86afd9a59bfa12eb89.jpg

Due to the mass flooding in my area, I got my first day of school off and probably tomorrow ( ), giving me *some* time to work on VauTour for the 2012 season this Saturday!

-griffonj2022