TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc du Tarbes - Get Your RevenGe in 2015! [RCT3]

Well, have I got news for you!

As you know, I went to the park today to see what was going on with construction and all, and happened to discover two different types of track stored on-site. With that in mind, some of you came up with the idea that the park is not building one, but two roller coasters! So, being the curious investigator that I am, I just had to return to the park this afternoon/evening and do some research on the 2012 attraction(s?)

First off, I went to the ride operators on the newer rides, such as Centrifuges, Révolution, and L'AIR, seeing as they work the more popular attractions and are up-to-date on ride software updates etc. etc. etc...and got some news from them. At Centrifuges, they didn't know much, other than the new attraction is planning on opening in 2012. (Uh, duh!) The operators at Révolution seemed to know a bit more, stating,

"I'm not really supposed to reveal anything, but from the limited information that I have, I think the park is building two new big things for next year."

I think my jaw hit the floor there...Lastly, the operators at L'AIR stated, from what I can remember,

"The park is telling very little to it's employees, seeing as they are doing the same thing they did with LynX back in 2005. But, from what I know, the park is storing the ride's materials along the train tracks in the upper end of the park."

Well, that we knew as well.

I then went on to LynX, riding three times , and asked some attendants there what they knew about the attraction; their lips were sealed shut. I tried on other operators while waiting in line, but they wouldn't budge either! Darn!

But, the best information all day came from (I NEVER would have guessed this) the train conductor! I made sure that when I went for another lap around the park that I sat right behind him, hoping that he would spill some of the beans on the(se) "so-called" attraction(s). I took notes this time, and here they are!

2012 is going to be a fantastic year. The park is going beyond the expectations of people here in France, and the world for that matter, and constructing something that no one has ever seen before. It may have been attempted before, possibly, but this project is supposedly going to be the best project of the year for Europe. But, with the swarms of raptors in the area, the construction might become delayed. I sure hope not, seeing as I'm anticipating the release just as much as anyone.

So..."beyond expectations". Pushing the limits! I cannot wait to figure out this game so we can know what's going to happen next!

Also, for reference to everyone that lives in the States, I created a "rough" drawing to show what's going on at the park.

315619210_Leplan.thumb.JPG.af828090d8e9711771f4d28a1d99ccbe.JPG

Here's the key:

Red - Train route

Black/Grey - Pathways

Blue Pen - Current attraction locations

Brown - LynX

Green - Foliage & trees

Yellow - Construction site "border"

Orange - Trenches, valleys, dug out areas; With Red X - Deepest area

Grey Building - Old lodge

Pink - Track & support storage areas

There is also a bridge drawn in above the deepest trench, seeing as that's what was there before. Currently, the bridge has been under de-construction.

Anyone got any ideas?

-Griffin

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an e-mail this morning from TOUR today. Looks to me like Study #1 from Dr. Chase Rapacent! (It stated that as the title of the e-mail )

July 25, 2011

After arriving in Tarbes, France in the end of June, studies since then have uncovered a truly alarming rate of rapturous birds in the countryside. Their mating habits seem to be normal, but their strange flight patterns and predatory techniques have puzzled me and the other researchers at TOUR.

While watching a few birds last week, falcons to be exact, I was awe-struck at the flight patterns I witnessed. Falcons normally fly in either a semi-straight or curved line from one location to another, but these falcons definitely were not doing so. One falcon, in particular, flew from one tree to another, a distance of about 300 ft., performing a full 360° spiral! It looked like something out of the movies, or a maneuver you would perform in an airplane! The only question that came to my mind was “WHY?” Why would falcons be performing rolls or corkscrews as a means of flight? While it may be entertaining to watch, it is strange to see it from an ornithologist’s eyes. Raptors only perform these means of flight as a way to court another raptor; in other words, they use it for mating, not flying.

1986308_FlyingPatterns.thumb.jpg.f0eaf23cee0f3920892833633d280af5.jpg

As for predatory techniques, one particular bird, le faucon, meaning hawk in English, (false cognate!) seems to have extremely irregular attacking strategies here in Tarbes. Instead of relying only on their eyes and waiting for their prey to be extremely vulnerable when they attack, they seem to be climbing up to the sky, basically at a very steep angle, and then diving back down once they hit a height well over 100 ft! This concerns me, seeing as rapturous birds such as the hawk don’t do this, and also because they aren’t built for this type of attack. While they may have sharp, piercing beaks, immense talons, and a wide wingspan, hawks are meant to attack by swooping down from a low point and catching their prey with their talons. They are not supposed to be diving vertically and attacking.

Talons.jpg.04f8d350e3cbc678dec23e370ed70532.jpg

Hawks also only go over 100 ft. when they are soaring, so why would they attack from that height? Why dive straight down to grab a mouse when you can come from behind and grab it?

All of these studies amaze me and scare me, seeing as these habits have now been used upon humans and not animals. Whatever is happening to birds of prey in here in the countryside of Tarbes needs to be stopped, or the entire ecosystem here will collapse in a heap of feathers.

http://idahoptv.org/dialogue4kids/images/season10/prey/talons2.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/raptor%20flight%20patterns/eagleHatchling/book-%20Raptors/IMG_0011.jpg?t=1242143628

This study seems to be hinting at a lot of things. What do you think they're going to do with this? If I get a lot of feedback on this post, seeing as it holds a lot of information, I'll voice my opinions on it. But for now, my lips are sealed!!!

-Griffin

This statement was issued to every citizen in Tarbes today. I thought it would be useful for you all to read it...(after translated via Google Translator of course )

TOUR Headquarters

135 Route Cinq

Tarbes, Midi-Pyrénées, France

August 12, 2011

Dear Citizens of Tarbes,

We are TOUR.

After sending out information via e-mail to you all since the beginning of this month, we are now issuing a statement warning of the hazardous conditions found within the area.

Due to the overwhelming amount of rapacious activities occurring here in Tarbes, we are informing you to use extreme caution when going outside, leaving your home, or going into the wilderness. Studies that we have performed show an alarming number of birds found within a five kilometer radius of town, causing us to release a statement of awareness.

We ask that you please abide by our concern, seeing as we are only trying to protect the well-being of the town and its surrounding area. If the raptor population does not migrate or change by the end of our studies, then the ecosystem of Tarbes will become tremendously unsteady and, quite possibly, collapse. This is the worst outcome that could occur, but it hopefully won’t be the one that does.

Also, we here at TOUR thank you for your extensive support. Our head ornithologist on the field, Dr. Chase Rapacent, shall be releasing his next study results within the end of this week. Please read through them and inform us of any concern you may have via our e-mail address – TOUR82011@LIVE.com.

-Les Ornithologues à TOUR

Okay, while I have seen a few birds here and there by my house, this is actually scaring me. Is this real? Are there really a lot of rapacious birds sitting around the town that I don't know about? Somebody got any advice for me?

I don't know what's actually happening, but I hope I don't get attacked anytime soon.

-Griffin

P.S. - I really feel like telling all of the stuff I've uncovered here, like connecting all of the clues together and such, but since no one has really given any connections yet, I won't! Look on the "V" website and see what you can find...

Earlier this week, the park has managed to release a promotional video for the park itself, showing shots of various attractions found within it. But, something, or someone, seems to have hacked into it, making the video a little more....interesting

I have a feeling that this video has secrets in it too, much like the website does.

Has anyone managed to find out what the password is for one of the pages on the "V" website? I've tried numerous words or numbers...and letters!...but can't seem to figure it out. Anyone got any ideas?

Hope to be heading to the park sometime this weekend!

-Griffin

Let the games begin? Sounds like Saw.

I don't think the park is going in that direction with this ride like Thorpe Park did... I think it's referencing the 'viral' game that the park is playing with us. But what I don't get is the shot down the hallway...where is that in the park?

Also, did anyone see any hidden symbols on the "V" site? I've managed to find the numbers 5 and 32 in the upper 'corners' on the pages of the site. We've seen the number 5 come up before, but including the number 32 means...? I'm lost for words!

Keep voicing your opinions and thoughts!

-Griffin

Bonjour encore!

I headed out to the park yesterday, regrettably forgetting my camera, and took a look around the park at what's been going on. Construction seems to be occuring, but while the park is open, the site is deserted. There are no trucks, cranes, shovels, not even a glove or hard hat! I don't know how they are moving along like they are, as there are some footers poured near the building and by the bridge...

Anyways, on to the good stuff! Dr. Chase's second study was released this morning, and again, it seems that .V. has hacked into it since I opened it. I really don't know who or what .V. is, but they sure are good at hacking!

August 8, 2011

Below I have inserted a guide to rapacious birds found within our area. Please study them to familiarize yourself with these creatures.

avian_raptors_poster.thumb.jpg.46dee839158a256884193efb71be4182.jpg

Lately, I have been witnessing a lot of strange activity. In my first study, the evaluation of flight patterns and attack strategies were displayed. Since then, they have been viewed by researchers numerous times over, resulting in conclusive data.

However, we are now seeing a return to normal ways in flight and attack for certain species. Some of them, like the osprey and the hawk, have reverted back to their typical flying and attacking strategies. Others, such as the eagles, falcons, and vultures, have continued to perform outrageous habits! They are maintaining irregular flight patterns and attacking techniques, giving some variation in our collected data.

Recently, we have been doing a lot of anatomic studies, mainly focusing on the bird’s beaks and wing structure. The majority of the raptors found within our focus area have the normal, correct, and effective beak structures. These piercing beaks aid the birds of prey in their attack, decomposition, and consumption of their prey. However, due to the voluminous amount of them, prey is limited here in Tarbes. The difference between the prey and the predator is 5/32! This could lead to downfall in the ecosystem, stated previously by Dr. André Commandant. But, nonetheless, the beaks found on all rapacious birds here in our studies have accurate anatomy!

BirdBeakDiagrams1.bmp

.V. -- Which one is our raptor? HaVen't got a clue... -- .V.

Now, wing structure here is also consistent. In a quick statement, the wing consists of five sections of feathers, each holding over one-hundred feathers per section; overall, a bird should have at least 3,795 feathers across its body. Now, the majority of birds found here in Tarbes have well over that amount, but wing anatomy is regular and maintained. The offspring of these raptors should continue with correct wing anatomy, unless altered through genetic configuration or widened body structure. If this occurs, then the wings of the birds will become shorter and wider, resulting in limited flight maneuvers and landings. However, due to the correct anatomy found here, this shouldn’t occur!

980625229_birdwingdiagram1.thumb.jpg.773dd135511647923b38f8e81b56716c.jpg

Overall, bird anatomy found here in Tarbes is consistent with normal anatomic structure and function. This is good to know, as it helps with the attack and flight patterns we have been witnessing. We understand that they have the same function and anatomy as every other bird in the world, but the real question is: What’s causing their extreme behavior? This should be determined in time for the next study. Until then, au revoir!

http://science.springbranchisd.com/elementary/2nd%20Grade/Science/FeatheredFriends/Diagrams/BirdBeakDiagrams.bmp

http://www.edugraphics.net/ga15-birds/posters/avian_raptors_poster.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs10/f/2006/078/8/b/brrdtut.jpg

OH...before I forget...did anyone see the date on the .V. site?!

25.8.11?

So August 25th...that's the release date!!!!! Mark your calendars because the invasion is coming apparently! Anyone got any ideas?

-Griffin

Le Grand Journal

32 workers injured in raptor attack at Parc du Tarbes

15 August 2011

TARBES, FRANCE - Thirty-two people were injured in a raptor attack yesterday afternoon inside the grounds of Parc du Tarbes, a theme park found within the surrounding area of the town. Reports issued by the park state that “the attack took place on our planned site for our 2012 attraction”, as well as releasing confidential images of construction workers injured by talons and beaks.

The park’s manager, Mr. Verand Première II, was interviewed by a local news station on the evening of the attack. Stating, “This attack by these birds of prey should have never happened. Our workers were only doing their assigned jobs when, out of the sky, five raptors flew down and began to attack. I am grateful they came out alive with minimal injuries, but something like this should not occur every day, or any day for that matter. I am only hoping that the researchers at TOUR are able to discover what is truly going on here in Tarbes.”

When asked to comment, TOUR, the Tarbes Organization of Ubiquitous Raptors, only issued out this statement, “We eight ornithologists here at TOUR are doing are best to gain data and research to figure out how to control these strange occurrences. Until then, we ask that our studies and investigations remain secluded and anonymous. Thank you.”

The thirty-two men and women injured by the birds were taken to a local hospital and released later that evening, leaving with marks on their skin, but scars on their memories forever. When asked to comment, the construction crew only said one word: “Talons.” While this may seem strange to anyone, it is a true example of what the workers went through that afternoon. We give them our blessings and support, hoping they are healing and doing well.

This morning, Parc du Tarbes issued another statement on the attack, giving closure to the event and the injured men and women. In the statement, the park states, “While construction may be halted within the park, we assure you that it won’t be on hold for long. Our 2012 project cannot be contained, and we won’t get in the way of something that can't wait to be unleashed.”

The park is planning on releasing information on their attraction before the beginning of September. Until then, “You’ll just have to play along.”

Well, since Monday, the raptor attack at the park has been the talk of the town! From what I know, the attack took place at about 5:00, having five raptors swoop out of the sky and begin slashing at the thirty-two workers. But, they are all home and healing now, which is good!

Got another e-mail this morning...

Thin2 you know who we ar3? Why, what a noVel idea...

.V..jpg.a2e5fe62c6f0f30b690b71ae652d1386.jpg

.V.

The numbers 5 and 32 seem to be popping up coincidentially all over the place, as do the words beaks and talons. Do you think those could be the possible passwords to the secret page on the .V. site? Someone might want to check that out...

Hope to head back to the park tomorrow or this week!

-Griffin

I headed out to the park yesterday. Construction was moving along well, seeing footers all over the site that are completed and ready for supports.

While standing in line for LynX at the station, I looked to my right a little bit and spotted this...

Shot0080.jpg.c2972c9794c10bb0ba9f5a2c2b74b4cf.jpg

After this, I rode LynX, sprinted to the bridge over the train tracks, and saw this rising up into the sky!

Shot0081.jpg.064a6a6ecdb963f6e4f28c5e0ad81461.jpg

Shot0082.jpg.46d198e2c257b4a4a4903bc3d11edf88.jpg

Do i detect lift supports?! Or are they for something else besides a lift?!

Shot0077.jpg.3f7e3a6d1ef4635ef04b37aeab3cbc9f.jpg

Shot0078.jpg.eaed51b5dc426d3da02d70054b3ce994.jpg

Seeing this made me curious! Why are they putting up supports this early in the season? Maybe they want to construct the ride before the winter so that they don't have to deal with the harsh conditions. Nonetheless, it's very exciting!

Anyone got any ideas on track layout now?

-Griffin

I am very curious about the ride construction.I have never known a park go to such massive lengths to play a game like this with people.I cannot offer any new insight on this , as looking through the website all I find so far has been mentioned already.I look forward to hearing more about the construction and maybe next time I am in Southern France I will take a visit to Tarbes.

I am very curious about the ride construction.I have never known a park go to such massive lengths to play a game like this with people.I cannot offer any new insight on this , as looking through the website all I find so far has been mentioned already.I look forward to hearing more about the construction and maybe next time I am in Southern France I will take a visit to Tarbes.

I hope you know that this is 100% pure fiction, correct? Or are you just playing along for the fun of it?

Nonetheless,I hope you're enjoying it!

Maison Funéraire Montreart

Votre premier choix pour l'au-delà

Dear Citizen of Tarbes,

This month, we are offering a new way to pay homage to your loved ones once they have deceased. During the end of August, the ritual known as a “sky burial” will become an option for passage into the afterlife. Allowing the deceased to be decomposed naturally and spiritually, the sky burial is an eco-friendly, safe, and environmentally beneficial way for your loved one to “take to the skies.”

Below we have included some factual information. Consider this option now, as it lasts only for a limited time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKY BURIAL

“A new option for your trip to heaVen”

Cost: 1000€

Ritual: Services before hand, dismemberment of the body, remains placed in sacred place for birds of prey to consume; or decompositions occur.

Arrangements: Call 00 32 05 80; e-mail unavailable at the moment

Time Alloted: 19 August – 31 August

Well this is the e-mail to destroy all other e-mails!

"It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischieVous, wolVes saVage, or the Vulture raVenous."

Jean-Paul Sartre

1414459224_CopyofShot0002.jpg.cc91c97132c59b995b8500d9bbe6ec88.jpg

5 Capitalized "V's", the last one being blue, and the release date...*hint hint!*

-Griffin

August 21, 2011

Since studies have begun here in Tarbes, there has been an increase in the population of rapacious birds with a decrease in population of the species that are their prey. Bluntly stated, this means that within the next six to seven months, the ecosystem in Tarbes will entirely collapse; this will result in total domination of birds in the area, causing quite the controversy among us eight ornithologists.

raptorimages.thumb.jpg.4908e56262409bcf88f922761da9de1d.jpg

Lately, we have been trying to discover ways to limit the amount of smaller species being consumed, as well as decrease the number of attacks on them. Through these limitations, the population of raptors may decline due to migration and settlement in another location. Hopefully, after completed, the ecosystem will return to its previous condition and maintain stability from then out.

Three ornithologists, who’s names wish to remain anonymous, have invented ten experiments that may possibly create record-breaking statistics and results on the raptor population. Seeing as there are limited options in the world of ornithology today, these ten experiments will hopefully shatter the foundation of bird studies! If they are successful, they will create a more advanced, exciting, and attention-catching field of study that has never been accomplished prior to this.

While the names, elements, and execution of the experiments cannot be revealed, they will commence on the twenty-second of August. We ask that citizens of Tarbes remain clear of our facilities while these tests occur, as any outside movement, motions, or disruptions will alter the results of the experiments. However, we will allow a select thirty-two members of the town view the tests from our facilities when they commence. If you would like to be one of these select people, please e-mail us at TOUR82011@LIVE.com. We will randomly choose thirty-two people for viewing on Friday, August 25th.

I will warn you ahead of time, however, that the risks of watching these studies are incredibly high. Not only is it dangerous being out in the wilderness, but with the added threat of raptor attack, we ask that if you are scared easily to not register for viewing. We will take only brave individuals, so please do not register if this is something you would not undertake.

Remember this: Raptors are birds of flight, and if they spot something they think is their prey, they will stop at nothing to get it.

Our final results shall be revealed on August 24th, 2011. These results will not include the ten experiments that will be performed this week.

http://idahoptv.org/dialogue4kids/images/season10/prey/raptorimages.jpg

I got an email from TOUR today, showing pictures of the team outside of their headquarters.

We would sincerely like to thank you for your support and assistance with our studies here in Tarbes.

Shot0137.jpg.9e6955de33ed23a033508ff4faf109bf.jpg

We plan on releasing our final data tomorrow. Be prepared for exceptional discoVeries!

Shot0138.jpg.e8cd49ba7a9b323f744b3165e9f7f49a.jpg

-The Eight Ornithologists at TOUR

But, do you see the grey supports to the left and the blue "V"?! They're all connected, and TOUR headquarters are the building right in the middle of the construction site...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I returned to the park after this, seeing as I was so curious as to what was occuring on the construction site after discovering that TOUR headquarters are right there in the park! So, while walking into the park, I looked up and saw this...

Shot0083.jpg.1aa484edc396cb090b621c73b37eef78.jpg

I think I made these expressions...in order......

Shot0084.jpg.23c34990bd11f8634dea1ce0a30fd1e1.jpg

Anyone notice the track at the bottom of the peak? As well as the curving track underneath the lift?

Shot0085.jpg.974ad34d7b7b766848ea92c456b5cf6c.jpg

I think I know what's going on...

Shot0086.jpg.92f5945cc9ea3988757be2a9fcf5d3b6.jpg

Vertical drop!?

Shot0089.jpg.a7b6fc71e8266a914b16bd592836eaa1.jpg

Everyone agree!?

Shot0091.jpg.0ae291d2c7deef2d5e473157ed2a056c.jpg

I can't wait for Friday...

Anyone got any ideas about the ride now?

-Griffin