TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Intense discussion on the local radio, recently, with the question...

Which is Canada's Best Loved Dessert?

Butter Tart? or Nanaimo Bar?

I'm a Bar guy, myself, with my mother born in Nanaimo BC,

on Vancouver Island  fer gawds' sake! Heart of Canada's Nanaimo Bar Land! 😋

ButterTart.png.e26adb8db9986f20ea4812ecbfb2936a.png

Is this Canada's Fave Dessert? A messy thing you wouldn't even serve to your cat/dog?

And there's not even any maple syrup in it, for darned sake!

NanaimoBar.png.ac64138d1cb706f3607463253e6da359.png

Or is it the (MOST OBVIOUS CHOICE) Nanaimo Bar, from the West Coast of Can'eh'da?

And is so exquisitely layered the way that it is. <drool>......

• 3 weeks later...

Spending this weekend in town, as is the proverbial "stay-cation" here. I keep bitching about not having many friends any more, and then a bunch of us 'old queer guys' get together every spring and just "be downtown" so to speak. Think there's nearly 8 of us left. Out of a dozen or so, "way back when." We pick a hotel, stay in town, and just be "tourists" in our own city. Easy! Eat out, see a movie together, troll the bars, lol. It's only a couple of days, but I do look forward to it every year. 🌴

EDIT: (Monday) Great weekend! Just got back home. Saw "Spiderman" at a downtown theater. Five of us hadn't seen it yet! Surprise, Surprise!

• Like 1

omg - it's now been 50 years since my very first trip to Japan in .....1972! And back then, we were allowed (at the time) to drive up Mt. Fuji really close to the top (no snow on it back then, late August), take photos and then head back down to Fuji-Q Highland park, for some rides. ⛩️

Something I would like to know, w/o being set aflame, but ....

Why do (most) Middle Eastern men, require their women to be totally clothed in black apparel, and (usually) allowing only their EYES to show through the 'helmut' of cloth they are wearing?

What is "religious" about that? I do not understand. It's slowly changing I've 'heard.'

But still. a lot of women still do it w/o argument, which means what???

I think it has something to do with "removing temptation", but IMHO, all that does is imply that men have zero self-control. It's basically like an extreme religious version of school dress codes and the way they're enforced boys vs girls.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ Noted, thanks.

And my Latest Newly Discovered "Word of The Day" is ..... skorts. It's clothing. Mostly for women. But some men tend to wear it/them, too.

• Like 1

I just came back from a Denmark coaster trip. Now I have over the last couple of years a lot of luck getting to ride coasters I never did, but this trip has literally the most lucky and funny moment (for me) I ever had. Polar X-plorer was broken down all Thursday except for 1 ride and I sat on that ride, and I shouldn't have. I just caught a glimpse of testing the ride and when I got there it was still closed and at the moment I turned around I saw somebody coming to open the ride and I was at the front of the queue and got my ride. When I got towards the end I saw the next train go up the hill and heard it going around when I was at the exit, I heard the special effects during the drop section and saw no train walked around the mountain and there it was stuck above and there it remained. I still find this extremely funny.

• 2 weeks later...