TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

'Cuda Falls

'Cuda Falls down to the ground in Barracuda Bay

Floodgate Falls

Floodgate Falls into disrepair in Barracuda Bay

Barracuda Bay falls is no more than a plot of empty land where water slides once stood

Darienlake (me) was hoping for Darien Lake to save 'Cuda Falls from falling down, but it was too late and the Floodgate Falls rots into nothing

So thus ends a section of Darien Lake's water park that is no more, Barracuda Bay!

So some moron who I went to high school with (not kidding about the moron part - this dude is one of the dumbest people that I have ever met) just got in a BOATLOAD of trouble. You see, he was somewhere near Waltham, MA and left a loaded twelve-gauge in the bed of his pickup. Bed was capped, but it was plainly visible through the windows, and someone saw the gun and decided that they wanted it. You can guess what happened next: they smashed one of the windows on the cap, climbed in, grabbed the gun, and made off with it. Turns out that they used it to hold up a check-cashing outlet later that night! Someone found the police knocking on their door within the week, that much is certain. I don't know what he's faced with, but negligence for failing to properly secure it and leaving the damn thing in plain sight is probably on the menu.

Every year, I tell my friends "Buy your Thanksgiving train tickets early! Like, an entire month early!" And this year, I forgot my own advice. So many sold out trains and ridiculous prices! Despite all this, I think I got a pretty good deal on my tickets given my current school situation. If I ever need to take a train around Thanksgiving after this year, I will NOT make this mistake again.

I regret not riding the following rides when Darien Lake had them

.Floodgate Falls

.Crazy Quilt

.Thrillbilly

.Riptide Run

.Hydro Force

.Pipeline Plunge

.Nightmare at Phantom Cave

.Rainbow Mountain

.Cascade Canyon

Now I must find a time machine to ride these dead rides!