TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Day at Six Flags Great America - Friday, Aug 13th!

We're staying the night before across the street from the Park, but I don't know if we'll be too tired to walk back to the hotel at night. Or of the hotel would care that we leave our car there all day since we aren't staying that night too. I thought parking was $15. Hum.......

I believe we're staying at a Hampton Inn. I'd rather walk right across the street and save 20 bucks than driving in! Then again, I'm pretty damn frugal. I could have sworn I saw it was 20 bucks for parking...not 100% though. Hm not sure about leaving the car there...it never hurts to ask! We're staying Thursday night (getting in at 3AMish) and Friday night. I think I'll have all the energy in the world to carry myself into the park Not sure about getting out, though!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SfGam parking cost has changed this year. Early this year it was $15 for the far back lot, and $25 for the "preferred" & season pass lot. They have had ALL kinds of trouble getting cars into quickly and off Grand Ave. and recently (like in the past 2 weeks) have gone to everyone pays $20. It does make everything quicker.

That extra $40 I spent to add parking onto my six flags pass has paid for itself 10x over.

A few years ago before we did the season pass parking option, we stayed at the grand hotel right across the street from the park(nice hotel), and it was only a 10 min walk. It was maybe a 1/4- 1/2 mile walk. That's only like walking around the park 1 more time. We were there for 2 days, and saved $30-$40 in parking.

That extra $40 I spent to add parking onto my six flags pass has paid for itself 10x over.

Only $40 for parking? It's $70 for a parking pass at SFGAm!

I got my season and parking pass at six flags in atlanta. Even though six flags chicago is closer to me, I always get my pass at another six flags park because it's cheaper.

Back in 2002 or 2003 I was going to college in New Orleans and got a season pass to Six Flags after they bought the old Jazzland. They were selling Six Flag season passes for 35 dollars to us college kids, and I used that thing for at least 4 other parks that year and the old Jazzland far far too many times. I think I was even given a few extra voucher books I should not have gotten. So if I have to pay 20 bucks for parking, I figure the Six Flags gods know I owe them something back.

If anyone sees my sister and I- She's super short and I'm pretty tall (I'll also probably have a Blackhawks shirt on) - please say hi and come ride some rides with us!

Hint from a local anytime you head here: Avoid the Grand Ave. entrance/ exit like the plague and take the little-used Washington St. one that goes under the Eagle on the south end of the park. They sometimes close it at night later, but if it's still open, take it! Definitely take it to enter. Takes a little more maneuvering to/from 94, but will save a ton of time either way.

Hint from a local anytime you head here: Avoid the Grand Ave. entrance/ exit like the plague and take the little-used Washington St. one that goes under the Eagle on the south end of the park. They sometimes close it at night later, but if it's still open, take it! Definitely take it to enter. Takes a little more maneuvering to/from 94, but will save a ton of time either way.

I have to second this. Unless you are coming before they open the gates (before 9:00) definitely go through the back entrance. There is construction on this road, and you may think its not possible to enter, but it in fact is. going this way saved my ass countless minutes in the park many times.

How do you know you're registered? I Paid via paypal before the deadline and got the automatic tpr store receipt email like always and also got a confirmation message from pay pal to Robb. Is that it? Is there any way to double check if we're registered? I'm slightly paranoid because I saw a post by Robb saying he would send an email out to participants just days before the event, and I haven't received one in a while.

Is there anything we need to bring to the park to check in/ receive our packets?

As I said I'm paranoid Thanks for any responses!

^^ Thanks! I just heard from Robb and should be good!

^ Haha! That's fantastic!

edit: Sounds like there may be quite a few females at this event? Even if many are already taken, like my girl.

Can't wait for the first rides on Superman, Viper ERT and TOURS!!!

^ Was Viper there yet? I'm sure you've heard of it's sweet reputation if it wasn't, and if it was, well then you know for yourself!

I really hate that shockwave is gone even though I rode it around 2000. I didn't like it, but thing is I hated all arrows back then. I was too short (headbanging) and didn't know how to ride them in gerenal. I'd love to get another chance to ride it now that I actually know how to ride looping coasters. Now that GASM is gone, Viper is the closest thing I can get to another Shockwave ride.

^Yes, Viper was one of the highlights of my trip. Raging Bull had just opened as well, and was awesome as it didn't have the infamous trim on it yet. Ah well, I'm sure it's still a good ride, just maybe not as kickass as I remember.

Management has told us numerous times that the trim has always been there. It's also only activated when a train is a certain weight.

Perhaps a good question for the lunch???? It can be settled once and for all.

Edited by mcjaco

^ Was Viper there yet? I'm sure you've heard of it's sweet reputation if it wasn't, and if it was, well then you know for yourself!

I really hate that shockwave is gone even though I rode it around 2000. I didn't like it, but thing is I hated all arrows back then. I was too short (headbanging) and didn't know how to ride them in gerenal. I'd love to get another chance to ride it now that I actually know how to ride looping coasters. Now that GASM is gone, Viper is the closest thing I can get to another Shockwave ride.

You could always ride Vortex at King's Island if you want to ride an Arrow Mega Looper.

The park is somewhat close to Indiana and nearest big Arrow to your house.

Probably

While you guys are heading to my home park tomorrow ( I live ten minutes away), I'm taking the family to Kings Island for the first time. Have a great day, and if the line for the Dark Knight is at all long, trust me: don't bother!

I've actually been on Vortex quite a few times and love the airtime in the last few rows. I was thinking more along the lines of jamesdillaman in that Viper's layout is much closer to Shockwave's than that of Vortex. Vortex is great but I want to give the "tiny loops up high in the sky thing" another chance, haha!

We're leaving for Gurnee in 3 hours!

While you guys are heading to my home park tomorrow ( I live ten minutes away), I'm taking the family to Kings Island for the first time. Have a great day, and if the line for the Dark Knight is at all long, trust me: don't bother!

I for one say the opposite! I love Dark Knight, it's a great ride that was just marketed the wrong way.

I for one say the opposite! I love Dark Knight, it's a great ride that was just marketed the wrong way.

I guess I was just expecting more the first time I rode it (marketing, like you said), especially after the pre-show, which is cool. It's a fun ride, but I've never waited more than 20 minutes for it, and the theming once on the ride is pretty poor. I also get annoyed that so many people get sent into the room for the pre-show and half of them end up getting ahead of me in line when they were behind me because there's no queue in that room so people are standing in a mob. I still wouldn't wait very long in line for it. To each his own. Batman the Ride is the one I love.