TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TV Alert: Bert the Conqueror

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking this show more and his girl-ish screaming on the rides is really funny. I just saw the episode for the Stratosphere and seeing him jump off the side of it totally made me want to go and try that! And besides that the guy's name is "Bert"- can it get any better?

I haven't seen any episode of it yet but it appears that from your descriptions, he only does the 'gimmick' rides and those that *appear* extreme while the smaller attractions can be as much or more thrilling. ***cough***Maverick***cough*** Would you say this is what the show is like?

Bert The Conqueror is now at Carowinds through Saturday doing early morning shoots. Today was Intimidator , tomorrow is Afterburn which I signed up for.

Taken earlier today by one of the camera crews people.

Edit: Added Andrew(pufferfish) and I were lucky enough to be filmed in Intimidator's station. I am like said going to be on the Afterburn shoot tomorrow, maybe I will get lucky and be one of the people he asks how the ride was and get to talk to him a little more, he was a bit busy today but other wise extremely friendly!

• 2 weeks later...

I've always hoped the Travel Channel would do a show like this, instead of all the gallivanting foodie shows they've been showing recently. Within the first 5 minutes into the first episode (Utah) I realized this wasn't the theme park travelogue show I've always wanted. I forget the exact quote but it was something like Wicked has been voted one of the best coasters in the world. Once I heard that, I realized once again there is nothing real about reality TV.

The Cedar Point editing bothered me a lot too. Although this sort of continuity stuff won't bother anyone who's never visited the featured destinations.

Here's the upcoming schedule according to Comcast's website.

7/14/10 - Florida

7/20/10 - Phoenix

7/21/10 - Wisconsin

7/28/10 - Texas

8/4/10 - Massachusetts

8/11/10 - South Carolina

It's just a show, try to enjoy it, put all your picky-ness aside. I'm picky about this stuff too but I'm not letting it ruin the show for me. After all, when a grown man screams like a little girl you have to admit that's pretty funny and it's better than nothing.

Yeah, thanks everyone for also catching the definition of "an hour."

Through the magic of television, he "just" made it under the limit...yet if you notice the sun seemed to change direction and the lighting was all off for it being only an hour.

More inspiration to work on my concept...at least the POV is somewhat decent.

If anyone is interested CoasterRadio interviewed him an episode or two back. It was that interview that actually got me interested in the show as there wasn't much interest before that.

It's episode #443 for those interested.

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE this show. True, Bert can tend to be a bit annoying and he seems to yell more than he talks, but he's just fun to watch and seems like a really cool guy. If you don't watch it for the roller coasters and thrill rides and crazy adventures, watch it for his amazing facial expressions and gutteral screams.

I've always hoped the Travel Channel would do a show like this, instead of all the gallivanting foodie shows they've been showing recently. Within the first 5 minutes into the first episode (Utah) I realized this wasn't the theme park travelogue show I've always wanted.

I know right! I'm soo tired of there being a full day of Man V. Food then the next day being Annthony Bordane:no reservations(is that how its spelled) i can't stand either of those shows! But this has to be one on my favorite shows hands down!

I know how many episodes are there of Man vs. Food total. It is practically on 12 hours of it on every day, every day. For all I know when that guy dies of a heart attack they will replace him with someone else and continue on. I remeber 10 odd years ago there use to be way more shows on theme and amusement parks, at least there seemed to be. BTW I love this show, just because Bert is just so obnoxious. And just seeing him going on all these rides screaming his head off like he is going to die.

About the Fearsome Foursome...

Fearsome Foursome Challenge

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:52 AM

By now, you've probably seen the new show, "Bert the Conqueror" on the Travel Channel. And by now, you've seen the Cedar Point episode where Bert conquers the Fearsome Foursome Challenge.

And we've received a gazillion (what IS a gazillion anyway?) requests for you to try it.

What is it? You have to ride our 4 tallest coasters in an hour. No line jumping, no special treatment - just normal, every day waiting in line.

Can it be done? Yes! But you can't just do it on your own. A member of our staff needs to follow you to monitor your progress.

Keep in mind: because demand is so high, we are unable to accommodate all requests. However, to apply to do the FFC, head to our contact form, fill out your info and mention "Fearsome Foursome Challenge." Your info will be forwarded to the appropriate person and you'll be contacted.

Again, due to popularity, do not be offended or disappointed if we are unable to schedule you to do the challenge. But good luck - and RIDE ON!

It seems Bert got a front of the line pass in the show though. You can tell it's during Halloweekends (pumpkins on MF's sign) and Halloweekends is usually packed.

Either way I'd LOVE to try it.

^Bert may have gotten a front of the line pass but that doesn't mean that he did the challenge in an hour. There is no moral code that reality show producers follow in order to keep shows "real". It's all about editing footage to make the shows as suspenseful and entertaining (I use that term loosely) as possible.

That gun on Pawn Stars isn't really worth $5000, the Dinner Impossible guy didn't really make it on time like they say (the taping I was at he was over 20 minutes late), the American Pickers guys didn't just go up to a random strangers house and stick a camera in their face. These cable and network reality shows are to hold your interest for the purpose of ratings, not to accurately document "reality".

I for one find it hilarious that Cedar Point is going to these lengths instead of just admitting that the challenge was fabricated for the show.