TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trims = Bad?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only coaster where I've had a major gripe about a trim brake is Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America. This has the potential to be one of B&M's best rides, but the trim early on after the excellent first drop just kills it. I suppose there's a reason I'm not aware of for having this trim brake, but they really should change the name to "Wandering Steer."

It's amazing how awful that one particular trim is. Really, it's the only one I absolutely despise myself. I dislike most of the others but the thought of Sleeping Bull leaves a sour taste in my mouth because I only think about that brake.

I think the only coaster where I've had a major gripe about a trim brake is Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America. This has the potential to be one of B&M's best rides, but the trim early on after the excellent first drop just kills it. I suppose there's a reason I'm not aware of for having this trim brake, but they really should change the name to "Wandering Steer."

It's amazing how awful that one particular trim is. Really, it's the only one I absolutely despise myself. I dislike most of the others but the thought of Sleeping Bull leaves a sour taste in my mouth because I only think about that brake.

I personally think that the mid-course brake run neuters Raging Bull more than the trim on the first airtime hill. Even though that trim was definitely noticeable, I still got some pretty good airtime. You still get some good floater air after the MCBR too, but if they would lighten up on it even a little bit, that could really improve the second half of the ride.

I would like to see how both Giovanola Goliaths would run if their MCBR trims were reduced a bit, when the train slams into them it seems to mess up the pacing of the ride a little... I mean, the second half still looks fast but the dropoff from the MCBR into the corkscrew-transition is really, really slow.

Of course, this is judging by videos of the ride, I haven't actually ridden either of them

The positive G force would be way too much than what we can handle. The trim is necessary.