TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Frightening Urban Legends Thread.

Oreos

WARNING: In case you didn't read the word "Frightening" in the title, this may be your last chance. Not recommended if you are under the age of 13 (And occasionally 18).

Anyway, in this thread, post any scary urban legends you have.

I have a few.

"The Pile of Photographs"

A young girl walking home from school found a small pile of Polaroid photos lying in the gutter. There were twenty in all, neatly wrapped in a rubber band. She picked them up, and as she walked she started to browse. The first photo was that of a ghostly white man on a black background, standing just far enough away from the camera that she couldn’t make out his features.

The girl slid the photo to the back of the stack and looked at the next one. The photo was of the same man now standing a bit closer.

The girl flipped through the next several photos quickly. With each one the man in the picture came a bit closer and his features were a bit clearer.

Turning the last corner to her house, the girl noticed that the man in the photos seems to be looking at her even when she moved the stack from side to side. It frightened her, but she kept flipping them over, one by one.

By the nineteenth picture, the man was so close his face completely filled the frame. His expression was the most horrifying the girl had ever seen. Walking up the driveway, she turned to the last photo.

This time, instead of an image, there were two words: "Close enough".

Hearing a scream outside their house, the girl’s brother rushed to the door and opened it. All he saw was a pile of photographs lying on the doorstep. The top one looked like an extremely pale version of his sister, but she was standing too far back for him to be sure.

"Suicidemouse.avi"

Do you remember those old Mickey Mouse cartoons from the 1930s? Well, there is an unseen one, one that was unreleased to even the most avid classic disney fans. According to sources, it's nothing special. I was probably just an animation test. It's just a continuous loop of Mickey Mouse walking past 6 buildings that goes on for two or three minutes before fading out.

Unlike the cutesy tunes put in though, the song on this cartoon was not a song at all. Just a constant banging on a piano as if the keys were nails to be pounded into a cinder block for a minute and a half before going to white noise for the remainder of the two minute clip. It wasn't the jolly old Mickey we've come to love either, Mickey wasn't dancing, not even smiling. Mickey was sad. He was walking slowly, with his hands behind his back and with no facial expression, and it looked like he was thinking about something, for every few seconds he would look up as he kept his dismal look.

Up until a year or two ago, everyone believed that afterwards, it cut to black and that was it. That is, until the time came.

A collaboration of old Mickey Mouse episodes was about to be released on DVD, and who could be reviewing the episodes but Leonard Maltin? As he was reviewing the cartoons from the vault, he got a hold of this one and thought it wasn't worth putting on the DVD, but wanted to have a digital copy due to the fact that it was a creation of Walt.

When he had a digitized version up on his computer to look at the file, he noticed something. The cartoon was actually 9 minutes and 4 seconds long.

This is what my source emailed to me, in full (he is a personal assistant of one of the higher executives at Disney, and acquaintance of Mr. Maltin himself)

"After it cut to black, it stayed like that until the 6th minute, before going back into Mickey walking. The sound was different this time. It was a murmur. It wasn't a language, but more like a cross between a muffled cry and a chant. As the noise got more indistinguishable and loud over the next minute, the picture began to get weird. The sidewalk started to warp into twisted directions. Strips of color began to run across the film, mainly green blue and yellow, and the sad, dismal face of the mouse was slowly curling into a smirk.

When it hit the 7th minute, the lava-lamp like sidewalk took a sudden change, and began to rapidly twist and spiral, occasionally forming an impossible image, and just as this happened the distorted chant cut to a high pitched, bloodcurdling scream that sounded as if it was recorded on the spot, and just as THIS chaos was happening, Mickey's insane looking face immediately dis-configured and fell apart. His eyes fell and rolled on the bottom of his chin like two marbles in a fishbowl, his curled smile was pointing upward on the left side of his face like a loose hair, and his nose was rolling around his face as if his face was a pinball machine. This was all inside of a white outline of where Mickey's face used to be. The buildings turned into small dots floating in midair.

Mr. Maltin got disturbed and left the room, sending an employee to finish the video and take notes of everything happening up until the last second, and afterward immediately store the disc of the cartoon into the vault. This disturbing clip went on until 8 minutes and a few seconds in, before immediately cutting to the traditional happy Mickey Mouse face at the beginning of every episode, while a broken music box played in the background. This happened for about 30 seconds. Then something happened after that, which I have never been able to get any kind of info on whatsoever. But if my ideas are right, it was frightening. Inconceivably frightening, as in no mortal living thing could have made it.

From a security guard working under me who was making rounds outside of that room, I was told that after the last frame, the employee stumbled out of the room with pale skin murmuring "I cannot see what has been unseen" 7 times before speedily taking the guards pistol and offing himself on the spot.

As far as I know, no one else has seen it, but there have been dozens of attempts at getting the file on rapidshare by employees inside the studios, all of whom have been promptly terminated of their jobs. Whether it got online or not is up for debate, but if rumors serve me right, it's online somewhere under "suicidemouse.avi". If you ever find a copy of the film, I want you to never view it, and to contact me by phone immediately, regardless of the time. When a Disney Death is covered up as well as this, it means this has to be something huge.

Get back at me,

TR"

Well, post away. If this thread violates any rules, feel free to lock it.

Hehehe.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time Sam Cassell tried to get his picture taken, but the camera kept breaking. They had to come up with a new way to photograph him, so they invented digital photography. Megapixels is the only way to capture Sam Cassell's true image.

After doing a little research on Suicide Mouse, I managed to find a video that claims to be as close as anyone will get to the original. While it was most likely produced by a troll who made it in response to the rumor, it definitely creeped me out. There's a link to it down below.

I'm sure maybe someone else here has heard of the legendary "Polybuis" game.

Polybius is a supposed arcade game featured in an Internet urban legend. According to the story, the Tempest-style game was released to the public in 1981, and caused its players to go insane, causing them to suffer from intense stress, horrific nightmares, and even suicidal tendencies. A short time after its release, it supposedly disappeared without a trace. No evidence for the existence of such a game has ever been discovered.[1]

There is a rendition of this game that someone had made based on it's description. I have played it once and to be perfectly honest, I did have a pretty creepy dream that night, consisting of someone on our street asking if we had any pot or some kind of drug and after denying him, he came towards us to attack us. I'd probably give this game another go just to see if it was a coincidence or not. To add to it, the visuals are very hypnotic...you should probably check it out at your own discression, especially if you are sensitive to flashing patterns and stuff.

Explanation video and some game play

and...

This one will make you probably trip out.

I want my 9 minutes and 4 seconds back.

That's why you drag the seeker to the very end to see what happens.

Anyway this thread just got awesome with references to Sam Cassell.

Truth be told, I did skip most of the video, but "I want my 3 minutes and several mouse clicks and slides on the time bar back" didn't have the same ring to it.

1876, a young girl named Jenn was walking down a river, an insane man killed her by stabbing her in the back, raping her, and then hanging her in his closet. While he hanged her he said Bukakke Bukkake.

Now that you have read this message, she will find you and her dead body will haunt your house for 5 years. Every night you go to sleep she will appear in your closet, hanging their with her glowing red eyes.

repost 3 times to be saved

PLEASE DONT READ

In 1945, a young girl named katu lata kulu came over to America in a grey boat from Africa. A mysterious man killed her by cutting the word "LATUALATUKA" into her back. now that you have read this message, she will come to your house on a full moon and steal your soul unless you follow these directions:

1. Retype this message as a comment for 3 other videos

You can't go wrong with YouTube chain letters.

Here in Pittsburgh, we have an urban legend called the green man. Supposedly, he was a power line worker who suffered a horrible shock somewhere in West Mifflin. He survived, but the shock horribly disfigured him, burned all his hair out, blew a hole in his cheek (which he likes to smoke cigarettes through), and turned his skin green. No one knows where he lives, but supposedly he only comes out only at night to hide his hideous deformity. The legend's probably based on several real life power line accidents.

Here in Pittsburgh, we have an urban legend called the green man. Supposedly, he was a power line worker who suffered a horrible shock somewhere in West Mifflin. He survived, but the shock horribly disfigured him, burned all his hair out, blew a hole in his cheek (which he likes to smoke cigarettes through), and turned his skin green. No one knows where he lives, but supposedly he only comes out only at night to hide his hideous deformity. The legend's probably based on several real life power line accidents.

GreenMan.gif.70509062a0ff682dc86ddad63beb52b6.gif

Brent, if you read this, you know what I'm talking about.

At the summer camp I go to every year, Hume Lake Christian Camps, there's a huge legend about a guy with no legs who hangs out in the trees and murders people with an axe.

Sounds stupid, yes, but if you tell it right, it's absolutely horrifying. Especially when you hear it for the first time, at night, when it's your first time at the camp. Then you're just petrified.