TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Don't get me wrong, I still love me a good Frisbee ride, but you can't deny that the coaster drought bell just tolled for a sixth time. This is the longest time in Kings Dominion history between coaster additions (although the Intimidator was huge, it's stil a pretty darn long time for a park of its size).

Source:

Kings Island - Diamondback (2009) - $26M, Banshee (2014) - $24M

Carowinds - Intimidator (2010) - $23M, Fury 325 (2015) - $30M

Kings Dominion - Intimidator 305 (2010) - $30M, TBA (2017+) - $??M

#zizcanwait2017

Is there a strong chance of us getting a coaster in 2017?

#ZizCW #OhCanada

Don't get me wrong, I still love me a good Frisbee ride, but you can't deny that the coaster drought bell just tolled for a sixth time. This is the longest time in Kings Dominion history between coaster additions (although the Intimidator was huge, it's stil a pretty darn long time for a park of its size).

Source:

#zizcanwait2017

#ZizCW #OhCanada

I thought both were supposed to get one in 2017?

Source:

#zizcanwait2017

#ZizCW #OhCanada

#Ziz2018

The more I think about it, the more a wing coaster seems redundant at KD with Dominator there. Why can't Cedar Fair install a major coaster other than a B&M?? A Mack bluefire type ride, an RMC conversion of Hurler, something from S&S or Gerstlauer...something...ANYTHING!!!

The more I think about it, the more a wing coaster seems redundant at KD with Dominator there. Why can't Cedar Fair install a major coaster other than a B&M?? A Mack bluefire type ride, an RMC conversion of Hurler, something from S&S or Gerstlauer...something...ANYTHING!!!

Would love to see a Mack launcher like Helix, but a B&M wing rider seems the most likely. Still praying for an RMC though.

What? Wing coasters are nothing like floorless coasters. Sitting coasters are the only thing similar to floorless coasters in the B&M portfolio.

What? Wing coasters are nothing like floorless coasters. Sitting coasters are the only thing similar to floorless coasters in the B&M portfolio.

Welp I think they're similar, you do not. Agree to disagree. End of.

I'd love to see KD get a Chance Hyper GT-X, we need to see more of these rides.

but a B&M wing rider seems the most likely.

Unfortunately, I think KD will end up with one...Cedar Fair is ridiculously predictable these days

I do agree to disagree, but you've never elaborated on how they are similar

Unfortunately, I think KD will end up with one...Cedar Fair is ridiculously predictable these days

How is getting a coaster "unfortunate"? Do you enjoy this hobby at all?

Edited by JonnyRCT3

but a B&M wing rider seems the most likely.

You would love a launched wingrider though... I rode Thunderbird last month and it was amazing!

I do agree to disagree, but you've never elaborated on how they are similar

How is getting a coaster "unfortunate"? Do you enjoy this hobby at all?

I didn't elaborate because I didn't feel a need to, my opinion.

And no, I hate rollercoasters...they're so disgusting and lame. I want them all blown up

You would love a launched wingrider though... I rode Thunderbird last month and it was amazing!

Can't argue with this either. Thunderbird was in fact awesome!

I would love a Fury 325 type layout with the wingrider. It would be the closest we get to having a Maverick besides I305.

Can't argue with this either. Thunderbird was in fact awesome!

I would love a Fury 325 type layout with the wingrider. It would be the closest we get to having a Maverick besides I305.

Now THAT would be interesting!!

Listen, unless Kings Dominion gets a 500 foot tall INTAMIN coaster (INTAMIN IS VERY IMPORTANT) with 15 inversions that breaks 100 mph, they are literally going to go out of business tomorrow. CEDAR FAIR DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW URGENT THIS IS!!!! Why does their precious "Cedar Point" get all of the roller coasters??? This is totally UNFAIR!! They are doing it on purpose to taunt us Kings Dominion fans!

Listen, unless Kings Dominion gets a 500 foot tall INTAMIN coaster (INTAMIN IS VERY IMPORTANT) with 15 inversions that breaks 100 mph, they are literally going to go out of business tomorrow. CEDAR FAIR DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW URGENT THIS IS!!!! Why does their precious "Cedar Point" get all of the roller coasters??? This is totally UNFAIR!! They are doing it on purpose to taunt us Kings Dominion fans!

... Don't forget CW... AKA CANADA's CP

#Ziz2017CW #KD2018