TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lightwater Valley Discussion Thread

I think "Jekyll and Hyde" would've been a better name than "The Ultimate." The first half was a pleasant ride across a meadow, while the second half was a blazing path through Hell with a crazed demon that tried to kill you!

• Like 2

^ Great name, Chuck! You add that evil smelling rat/mouse/whatever inside coaster,

and that Toad Hill Shoot the Chute (kinda), and it's a whole different side of London, LOL!

F-01.thumb.jpg.106ed07eced4cf545faa791dd26df034.jpg

The Ultimate's lift hill to .........? TPR 2010 UK Tour.

UK037_LightwaterValleyRatRide.jpg.55fcd7731c258f224b62af165e3f603f.jpg

Nope. Once was enough, thankeuuuuuuuuuuuuu. What it was named, on the TPR 2006 UK Tour.

UK039_LightwaterValleyToadHole.jpg.48b5b641118f4c38114d619af0a313c7.jpg

That other .... uh .... ride.  Mmmm green water. 2006 UK Tour.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well, as it's (first) very kind of 'boring' in the beginning stretch, and then (second) being totally WTF on the crazy journey back to the station.

Glad I got to ride it, nonetheless. RIP Ultimate. (Pardon the repeated photo.)

757156422_ResizeofF-01.jpg.71c8ea226c4341a4fa8fc2cf93513a90.jpg

My only shot of Ultimate. TPR 2010 UK/Europe Tour

I rode this thing back in the mid 2000's and it was an awesome experience. Very bizarre first half with the super slow lifts and pointless straight sections that you could tell was all about making it the "world's longest coaster", but the second half was an actual roller coaster and it was indeed pretty wild. Who remembers this thing being represented in roller coaster tycoon?

This whole park was such a treasure back in the day. The buried Schwartzkopf wildcat, the one-of-a-kind classic flume ride, the weird bat coaster... such a funky little place. 

^ & ^^ The smell (to me) was so bad on that (ha - 'indoor') enclosed coaster the first TPR UK tour visit in 2006, I skipped going on it (and through that euuuuuw queue) on the return visit  in 2010.

Gotta love the "uniqueness" of it all though, on how rides were spread "rather far apart" throughout the landscaped area. Took a few of us for - e - ver to find that (ahem) young persons' coaster, to ride. But eventually, it was found after a good long walk to it. And we rode it!

Good for a lot of 'moderate' walking exercise, the park was. 😉

On 1/15/2023 at 7:53 PM, SharkTums said:

^The Toad Hole!!! So freakin weird!

I remember its big scare before you plunged into the green, disease-ridden water--a hobo mask on a stick!

18 hours ago, cfc said:

I remember its big scare before you plunged into the green, disease-ridden water--a hobo mask on a stick!

I grew up around that park and visited often when the ride was still called "The Devil's Cascade." I vaguely recall an effect like this as well, only it was a different mask. They also used to have a couple of vertical-drop wooden slides in that same general area that were just as terrifying.

• 4 weeks later...

Totally forgot this photo of me! After "riding the Rat," we had to take this <shudders> old looking rusting metal staircase, upstairs to the outside Exit from the (then) Rat Ride .... with dripping/running water in the middle of it. Yuck, indeed. Thanks to whoever shared that "experience" with me, for taking the photo. I owe ya.

UK038_LightwaterValleyRatRideExitStairs.jpg.cb50ac89dc446648706c0a5d0e8fa659.jpg

And I did NOT want to get hit with any of that water. 2006 UK Tour.