TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Black Friday *FREE DVD DOWNLOAD* Giveaway!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys so much for this! Robb, you looked DAMN yummy in this video, just throwing that out there.

I've found the only way I can actually successfully download these videos is using Internet Explorer, so if you have any issues, try it in IE and see if that works first.

Have tried and failed twice to download this, first time got to 300+meg, next time 700+ meg but then dropped out both times. That's 1gig of my precious monthly bandwidth wasted

Need a better solution, with resume!

The problem is on your end, not TPR. We've already had nearly 2,000 people download this successfully.

Please don't blame TPR.

--Robb

I have just spoken to our server company. The server is working just fine, it just is very busy right now. Please, keep in mind what I said in the first post of this thread:

**NOTE** You will have up to 7 days to download the video, but the free DVD **MUST** be ordered by 11:59pm (PST) on Friday, November 27th, 2009. At 12:00am (PST) on Saturday, November 28th, this video will return to it's normal retail price.

This file will download as an .mp4 file and can be dragged into iTunes to play on your iPhone or iPod. You may also play this file on your computer in QuickTime Player. If you have DVD burning software like Nero you may also try to burn a DVD of this file and play it on your TV. If this file downloads as anything else BUT a .mp4 file, this is a setting in YOUR BROWSER and you will need to address this. I'm sorry, but Theme Park Review cannot offer any tech support with this download. The file has been successfully tested and it works just fine. If you are getting an error, it is most likely on your end.

The file size is 1,306,834 Kb or about 1.3 gigs. Please note that a lot of people are going to try to download this file so it might take a WHILE. DO NOT STOP THE DOWNLOAD! If you cancel the download you will have to start all over again. Remember, you have 7 days from the time you order to download the video. Under normal bandwidth conditions and a high speed internet connection, it should take about 30 minutes to download, however it is not unusual if it takes 2+ hours when there is a lot of sever traffic.

^ Did it download as an .mp4?

Yep, it was an .mp4 file. I kept getting a message that it couldn't recognize it as a movie file. It is likely an issue on my end with the Safari browser. I have had some problems with it in the past. I couldn't even get it to download Coaster Expedition 2 with Safari last time. Had to use Firefox then as well.

Have tried and failed twice to download this, first time got to 300+meg, next time 700+ meg but then dropped out both times. That's 1gig of my precious monthly bandwidth wasted

Need a better solution, with resume!

The problem is on your end, not TPR. We've already had nearly 2,000 people download this successfully.

Please don't blame TPR.

--Robb

Hmmm... after 2 attempts it still isnt working! Anyone have any ideas?

The first one got to 700-odd mb before it said it had finished, then the second has got to 323mb and has just stopped moving!

I have just spoken to our server company. The server is working just fine, it just is very busy right now.

I also have the same problem with this download and the previous feebie.

I have tried IE8.0 and FF3.5.5 but can only get 300-700Mb before either browser thinks the download is complete (does not give an error).

I'm sure there is no problem with the file or your server, but some of us outside the US (like Sasquatch) are having problems with our browsers thinking the file is finished prematurely.

This is because your server does not advise the browsers the actual file size to expect. Both IE and FF report file size as unknown during the download. If the connection drops or has a long pause due to congestion the browser does not resume, it just assumes it is finished.

I have tried loading down my connection to slow the download which worked for the last freebie download, but so far after 8 attempts it has not worked for this file.

I know you do not want to put any time into fixing this for free downloads, but I assume the same will occur with purchases from the shop for some foreign customers.

I am not able to try any more attempts, as I am now receiving "Access denied. You do not have permissions to access this file" in red from your server when using the download link.

Peter.

...Please remember that once you have the email from the TPR Store with the download link you have 7 DAYS TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO!

Theme Park Review's server is up and running just fine, but it is going to be VERY BUSY today. So unless you absolutely MUST download the file right now, I might suggest waiting a couple of days, or if it's downloading video slow trying again in a couple of days.

Thank you for your patience.

Please also note that the file should download as a .MP4 file. Some virus or browser settings will download this file as a .GZ or other file type. If this happens, try changing the extension to a .MP4.

Also, the entire file size is about 1.3 gigs. Once it is downloaded it should open in QuickTime Player or import directly into iTunes.

I'm sorry I cannot give any additional tech support for this.

The file does work. It's been tested a number of times with several different configurations around the globe over the past week.

If you are experiencing any other problems it is most likely on your end and unfortunately Theme Park Review will be unable to help resolve this.

Again, thank you for your patience and your support.

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com