TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Having a large SUV also comes in handy sometimes. Like moving, or camping, or pissing people off by getting right on their a$$ when they just cut you off and they are in a tiny little Dodge Viper! Did that today you should have seen the reaction. They actually got out of the car at the red light to see if I had hit them I have to much fun in an SUV why would I want to change?

2)As for the "I have a tiny penis but look at my HUGE car" statement... all I have to say is that is the last reason I would buy a Hummer!

1.) You should keep f**king with people by riding their back bumper. That way I can lay odds on when someone steps out of that Viper with a 9mm. Seriously.

2.) You know what they say about guys who have to mention it....

^At 20mpg, 120 miles is about a $25 difference every time you fill up the tank. That adds up really fast. Think about how much money you would be wasting every year and what you could do with that wasted money.

Seriously $25.00? Not that big of a difference!

pay their ride ops these days anyway?

Last weeks paycheck was about $1,200. Why?

~Matthew

If you fill up once a week, that's $1,300 a year. That's basically my mortgage payment, monthly association fee, and utilities. That is a BIG deal.

This is precisely why we're in so much trouble. People who decide they "need" a super huge SUV even though there's no need for one.

And don't argue safety. There are plenty of small cars that out perform Hummers in crash tests. Of course, if you drive like an idiot, like tailgating, safety features should be your top priority. Not to mention all of us that drive should thank you for continuing to raise the price of gas, and our insurance premiums.

If you fill up once a week, that's $1,300 a year. That's basically my mortgage payment, monthly association fee, and utilities. That is a BIG deal.

This is precisely why we're in so much trouble. People who decide they "need" a super huge SUV even though there's no need for one.

And don't argue safety. There are plenty of small cars that out perform Hummers in crash tests. Of course, if you drive like an idiot, like tailgating, safety features should be your top priority. Not to mention all of us that drive should thank you for continuing to raise the price of gas, and our insurance premiums.

Ok if you figure out how much it cost to drive any car for a year it is going to be expensive. If I have to pay out the ass for a car I might as well be getting a car that I like. As for driving like an idiot that is only when people piss me off. Seriously someone does not need to come within 6 inches of hitting my car when we are driving 70mph that is when I get pissed off. Other than that I drive normally. So seriously honey I am not the only person on this planet who has raised insurance premiums. There also might be plenty of small cars out there that surpass the Hummer in crash test. For God sake the smart car is much smaller than a Hummer and it does much better in a crash test. But I don't want a smart car now do I?

~Matthew

See the reasoning is just so dumb, it hurts. Why do you need to pay out the a$$ for something that 1.) is going to depreciate the minute you touch the gas pedal, 2.) is going to cost you $85 everytime you need to fill up, and 3.) you can get something that's more economically and environmentally better.

Hummer H3:

$33,035

23 gallon tank - 16 MPG - 368 miles on a full tank

Honda Fit

$15,270

10.8 gallon tank - 30 MPG - 324 miles on a full tank

I'm glad you have money to blow........oh wait, it's not your money. Honey.

or pissing people off by getting right on their a$$ when they just cut you off and they are in a tiny little Dodge Viper! Did that today you should have seen the reaction.

Some day I'm going to get rich by inventing a way to punch people over the internet..

Cameron.

Last weeks paycheck was about $1,200. Why?

~Matthew

That would be $12 an hr if you worked an insane 100 hours. Or 200 hours at $6./hr, which simply is not possible in 1 week. Man and I had always heard pay was low at the point!

The pay period was for 2 weeks with one day off. Usually about 16 hours a day at $7.10 an hour.

~Matthew

They have street corners at Cedar Point...I'm sure he can figure something out!

So, as I've said a few times before, I have a '95 Honda Accord in great condition with 208,000 miles! I've had a full service recently and everything is great. I do have an oil leak from a worn gasket at the transmission.

Anyways, I'm thinking about taking a weekend to remove the transmission and replace the gasket, though I'm also curious about a transmission rebuild/service. It was last serviced when I got it at 180,000 miles, so what do you think? I would love to do it myself though I'm afraid I don't have the time nor the tools.

There also might be plenty of small cars out there that surpass the Hummer in crash test. For God sake the smart car is much smaller than a Hummer and it does much better in a crash test. But I don't want a smart car now do I?

Okay, you're basically proving our point with this statement. You don't NEED a Hummer, or any big SUV for that matter. In fact, there's no logical reason on earth why you would need to drive something of that nature. All it's really about with you is vanity, pure and simple.

I don't necessarily want to go off on a huge rant, but I will say that perhaps you'd be respected a little more around here if you'd quit trying to blow smoke our way. Everyone here sees right through you. The funny things is, I'm guessing things would be slightly different if you had to rely solely on your own coin to get you through life. A pointless SUV would turn into a used economical compact. An iPhone would turn into a mid-level cell (and probably with a better camera too). And perhaps you would've been forced to take that college scholarship, and not felt the need to ignore the solicited advice of everyone on TPR.

Honestly dude, so much of what you post seems to just insult our intelligence. To bring it back on topic, Matt's absolutely right regarding SUV ownership, rising fuel costs and higher insurance premiums. You're a textbook example of why things are going to hell in a handbasket....and in a roundabout way, why milk costs more too.

Anyways, I'm thinking about taking a weekend to remove the transmission and replace the gasket, though I'm also curious about a transmission rebuild/service. It was last serviced when I got it at 180,000 miles, so what do you think? I would love to do it myself though I'm afraid I don't have the time nor the tools.

Getting to the transmission isn't easy is it? I'd love to do that sort of thing but i'd probably screw it up and then not have a car so if it were me i'd send it to a garage. Of course, there is every chance (and then some) that you are far more mechanically minded than myself and would be perfectly capable of doing it on your own!

Regarding the whole H3 situation, you said you didn't want a smart car, and that's fair enough but no-one said you should get a smart car, just a smaller car, there are a couple of advantages to this:

- It's safer

- It's cheaper to run

- It's cheaper to purchase

- It depreciates less

- It's "kinder" to the environment

- It's cheaper to insure

It seems you want a Hummer because of the image that comes with it, but this thread is proving that public opinion has changed. People no longer see huge SUVs as nice cars to have, and far fewer people aspire to own one...

or pissing people off by getting right on their a$$ when they just cut you off and they are in a tiny little Dodge Viper! Did that today you should have seen the reaction.

Some day I'm going to get rich by inventing a way to punch people over the internet..

Cameron.

HA that made my day better, thank you.

As for the whole SUV crap, I hate them, they're all awful. I'll take my Mini any day. And I'm not just saying that cause I love my car (however I do). Unless on a daily drive you haul a trailer or a good bit of cargo there is no reason to have that much...car. I just drive usually, back and forth to school, work, and other random things going on. I have no need to tow a trailer or carry a bunch of crap with me everywhere I go, therefore until probably well after college a Mini will work just fine for me.

13 gallon tank x 34mpg (city) = 442 miles, and that's on a bad day. Driving freeway I've gotten up to 41 mpg (x13 gallons = 533 miles on one tank of gas).

So I'm biting the bullet and taking it in...

I knew that when I got off the freeway after work to grab some food and noticed my car in a cloud of smoke as I stopped that it was time to take it in. I've been avoiding it to save money from the last repair ($900 for an extensive service and to repair my manifold) but the mechanic advised me that it wasn't an important fix as long as I had oil in the car.

When I called him today he yelled at me and claimed I should have done it immediately, as if I had money. Here's to hoping I don't get raped up the butt for this...