TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

B&M and 240 feet...

^You say that now because you are getting a huge Intamin!!!! Would you rather be getting that B&M hyper carowinds is getting?

The hyper is not confirmed last time I checked, but if I were Carowinds patrons, I would be happy to have a nice new B&M no matter what the model, especially after just getting a boomerang. Keep in mind as well that Intamin pays the price in maintenance, while B&Ms usually hardly ever break down. Another thing you must consider, is B&M just takes orders from parks about what the parks want, and B&M gets the cash. Maybe most parks don't want a 300 foot maintenance nightmare, rather opting for a reliable 150-240 feet coaster from B&M.

Not so sure you can say MF has been any kind of maintenance nightmare? The lift cable broke once but thats about it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You say that now because you are getting a huge Intamin!!!! Would you rather be getting that B&M hyper carowinds is getting?

The hyper is not confirmed last time I checked, but if I were Carowinds patrons, I would be happy to have a nice new B&M no matter what the model, especially after just getting a boomerang. Keep in mind as well that Intamin pays the price in maintenance, while B&Ms usually hardly ever break down. Another thing you must consider, is B&M just takes orders from parks about what the parks want, and B&M gets the cash. Maybe most parks don't want a 300 foot maintenance nightmare, rather opting for a reliable 150-240 feet coaster from B&M.

Not so sure you can say MF has been any kind of maintenance nightmare? The lift cable broke once but thats about it.

Millie is not the only intamin coaster 300+ feet. Kingda Ka has been down most of the 2009 season, and Kinzel regrets even putting Top Thrill Dragster into the sky.

^Those are launched coasters, almost any launched coaster is going to be plagued with technical difficulties, and Kinzel probably regrets it because it's a one trick pony who's trick has been revoked. It's still one of the biggest draws at CP too

I found that Nitro had better and more airtime...by a long shot. Nitro is also miles better than Diamondback, in my opinion.

Please don't say that. I am actually looking forward to riding Diamondback for the first time next June.

I actually do like the helix and final two bunny hops on Nitro, it's the first two thirds of the ride I can do without. Still, Nitro is better overall than 90 percent of the steel coasters I've been on. ...So I can't dislike it that much.

Diamondback is still a damn good coaster, but Nitro is better.

I agree. Diamondback has the cool trains which give it the only edge over Nitro but nothing can compare to such a well orchestrated and intense layout. B&M broke the mold with Nitro.

I honestly think that what sets B&M apart from some other modern rollercoaster companies is that they manage to build great coasters without the size. Intamin tends to build up and up, while B&M builds out and out, improving and perfecting their elements instead of trying for new height records. I do believe they will go above 240 one day.

I think B&M likes to build things they know are proven and work. Launches are unfamiliar territory for them. I believe that Hulk's launch was done by a completely different company.

According to Wikipedia:

As a company, it is opposed to launched coasters because of perceived reliability problems, so it subcontracted the launch mechanism to another company.

^ Yeah exactly. Hydra is only 95 feet tall with a 105 drop, and a little over 3000 feet long, yet it costs a hefty $13 million.

WIcked Twister only goes back and forth, with only one train and is still over 9 million. I dont believe one is that much more expensive than the other.

WT has a launching system though which are complex and add to the price, if you took it out, it'd cost much less (and not do anything...but that's not the point!)