TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

My guess of what's in the boxes are the parts for RipCurl Racers. The boxes look too small to be holding roller coaster trains/cars.

Your guess would be wrong, because they have Intamin tape on them. Its the train.

Wow good call. That tape definitely looks to have the intamin logo on it

Because of college it has been a while since I have posted on this thread. With that being said I have a list of questions that hopefully can be answered.

- How is the repaint of Mind Eraser going?

- Have parts arrived for Ride Of Steel's new train?

- Have parts arrived for Ripcurl?

- Any new rumors lately?

1. I know most of the supports were finished by the end of last season. Not sure if the track was started or not as I forgot to look.

2. Yes, as confirmed by the pictures from Facebook.

3. Not sure, but I do know the old water park gate where Ripcurl is supposed to go has been taken down.

The new trains look awesome and I agree with bluestreak on the retheme.

The train isn't exactly 2nd gen because it doesn't have the zero car, but oh my god it looks wonderful. And those restraints! No more scraping or compression on my legs!

Yes, I noticed that there's no zero car. So that confuses me to on the generation. But I'm happy they went with t-bars! Those are the same t-bars Dragster has!

The train isn't exactly 2nd gen because it doesn't have the zero car, but oh my god it looks wonderful. And those restraints! No more scraping or compression on my legs!

Yes, I noticed that there's no zero car. So that confuses me to on the generation. But I'm happy they went with t-bars! Those are the same t-bars Dragster has!

Is it possible DL sent a train back to Intamin/Stakotra for a Factory Rebuild?

It is totally possible that they sent their extra train back for a factory refurb. After all, it is DL and CNL and Premier are trying to do as much as they can on a limited budget. A refrub train would cost less than a new one and it would also not throw off the current sensors on the ride, hence allowing the park to run a second train on ROS immediately next year

I was actually thinking the same thing. We all were expecting something significantly different than this, which isn't a bad thing at all. I think it's a total possibility that this could have been a rebuild, which isn't a bad thing. The more money the park saves means the more they an put into other projects like paint and upkeep.

It's probably still a pipe dream that the park considers 2 trains this year, despite the similarities of the trains. But the chance may have grown now that these trains are still basically first generation. Either way, I just can't wait too see how this thing rides, and for operations to start getting back to normal.

We traded in our old '99 for a newer '16 model. It's the same make, and similar design, but in all reality, it's whats on the inside that counts. Hell, if this one works out, we may invest in a '17 after the season's over! We just want to give our new vehicle some time to break in before we decide for sure.

We traded in our old '99 for a newer '16 model. It's the same make, and similar design, but in all reality, it's whats on the inside that counts. Hell, if this one works out, we may invest in a '17 after the season's over! We just want to give our new vehicle some time to break in before we decide for sure.

i rode ros on the on the last day and they needed the new train part of the train was rusted so i hope that the '16 breaks in well ad they get the '17 model because they need 2 train operations

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to vote with what the park has said, and say that it is a new train.

As for two-train operation, I wouldn't put money on the idea for this year. If they purchased a train that seems very similar to the original trains, this indicates the old train(s) had reached the end of their usable life. More than likely the chassis probably started developing cracks due to stress over many years of use (common Intamin issue learned through seminars) that were beyond reasonable to repair cost-effectively or able to continue to pass NDT or state inspection standards.

As for 2017 and beyond, it is all up in the air. My confidence is that those in power at Darien Lake are not O.K. with the limitation to one available train for the long term.

I'm going to vote with what the park has said, and say that it is a new train.

As for two-train operation, I wouldn't put money on the idea for this year. If they purchased a train that seems very similar to the original trains, this indicates the old train(s) had reached the end of their usable life. More than likely the chassis probably started developing cracks due to stress over many years of use (common Intamin issue learned through seminars) that were beyond reasonable to repair cost-effectively or able to continue to pass NDT or state inspection standards.

As for 2017 and beyond, it is all up in the air. My confidence is that those in power at Darien Lake are not O.K. with the limitation to one available train for the long term.

i know a guy real high up in Darien lakes management that told me that Darien lake has already put in the order for the train for next year