TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Can anyone provide any insights as to how intense Verbolten is? We are visiting next week and have a young girl who is a bit of a coaster newbie. She has done (at WDW) Thunder Mt w/o any issues. Tried Rockin Roller Coaster to mixed results. How would Verboltem stack up in intensity and the queasy factor w/Thunder Mt, Exp. Everest, Space Mt, RRC etc? Any other milder coasters at BGW she should attempt? TIA

It is quite a mild coaster for that age range. The launches are very subtle. But be careful in the middle.....idk if you know what's there... And also the entire ride is in pitch black darkness so... But it's not really intense at all. It's the most mild there besides Grover's alpine express. And wait wait wait holdup she rode rockin roller coaster? Cause if she rode that then she could ride a lot at bgw. Everest and rockin are much more intense then verbolten. Heck! They're more intense then Loch Ness monster!

Wow, I must be very sensitive. I found Verbolten quite intense. When I went, a kid peed in the one of the front seats of the red train, so DO NOT ride the front seat of the red train. Lol.

The launches are nice. I wouldn't say Verbolten is 'forceful', but it definitely is intense IMO. Not too bad though.

Wow, I must be very sensitive. I found Verbolten quite intense. When I went, a kid peed in the one of the front seats of the red train, so DO NOT ride the front seat of the red train. Lol.

The launches are nice. I wouldn't say Verbolten is 'forceful', but it definitely is intense IMO. Not too bad though.

I went on with some friends and when we got off everyone loved it but they were surprised it was considered a family coaster it is definitely an intense family coaster.

I went on with some friends and when we got off everyone loved it but they were surprised it was considered a family coaster it is definitely an intense family coaster.

I'll agree with that statment

Looks like there is a little difference of opinion on how intense Verbolten would be for DD. I think it will be one she tries. Someone mentioned Appolos Chariot, which I assumed would be above her level. Anyone else have opinions on whether this might be too much for her?

I didn't find Apollo's Chariot to be that forceful, so I must have sat in the middle. If you're looking for a fun ride, but not one that's too intense, sit in the middle of AC. I didn't get to ride the back

Griffon is not a starter ride. It's fun, but I do not recommend it for starters. If your daughter (or niece, whoever this young girl is) is tall enough to ride each coaster, and wants to do each coaster, work your way up:

1. Lochness Monster

2. Verbolten

3. Apollo's Chariot

4. Alpengeist

5. Griffon.

Alpengeist isn't for starters either. Ow.

Looks like there is a little difference of opinion on how intense Verbolten would be for DD. I think it will be one she tries. Someone mentioned Appolos Chariot, which I assumed would be above her level. Anyone else have opinions on whether this might be too much for her?

I think it's really tall and really fast, but not a whole lot intense. It's fun tho.

I didn't find Apollo's Chariot to be that forceful, so I must have sat in the middle. If you're looking for a fun ride, but not one that's too intense, sit in the middle of AC. I didn't get to ride the back

Griffon is not a starter ride. It's fun, but I do not recommend it for starters. If your daughter (or niece, whoever this young girl is) is tall enough to ride each coaster, and wants to do each coaster, work your way up:

1. Lochness Monster

2. Verbolten

3. Apollo's Chariot

4. Alpengeist

5. Griffon.

Alpengeist isn't for starters either. Ow.

I say verbolten

Loch Ness

Apollo

Alpenguist

Griffon.

Griffon is intense!

I guess that means no dual loading station...

in other news, apparently they also discovered the color scheme. Teal and orange. Not huge on the two colors together, but at least they're two colors that the park doesn't have on their coasters...

Well this ride is getting 3 cars per train, rather than 2...

But still, the teal/orange colors (especially next to AC's purple/yellow), proximity to Apollo's Chariot, horribly capacity, tacky BMX biker theming, removal of trees, and how it'll make BGW's curbside appeal look like a Six Flags are all enough reasons for me still not to support this addition.