TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, mikeykaise said:

yeah not the most exciting announcement.

Tell me you don't have a young kid without telling me you don't have a young kid.

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2024 at 8:36 PM, prozach626 said:

Tell me you don't have a young kid without telling me you don't have a young kid.

I wish my 2 sons were still young but both are in their 20's now. I miss that young kid energy.

• Like 1

It's hard work, though. But, I'm sure you remember when small things like this brought a lot of excitement. We live four hours away and I told my wife about it. It's pretty likely it will draw us in all the way from St. Louis for an easy weekend trip. Eve will be four, so we're right in the wheelhouse. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 7:36 PM, prozach626 said:

Eh, depends on the kid. My son even when he was little always got way more excited about Halloween than he did Christmas. Don't get me wrong I'm not pooping on their event. I hope it's successful and if that's worth it to you than by all means I hope your daughter gets great joy out of it. But clearly most people were hoping for the T4 announcement over an event 🤨 And I can't see a lot of people traveling long distances to do a Christmas event but hopefully the locals turn out for it. They sure didn't at SFSTL even though they all say it was so great.

I miss Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. If that op didn't let a girl's foot get MUTILATED, then we would've still had it.

When Herschend bought the park 3 years ago, one of the comments on the announcement was "Just be glad Six Flags didn't buy them again." I was outraged. I actually LOVE Six Flags, and I'm always sad when they lose a park. It's either one of those "SF = bad, everything else = good" entitled thoosies, or someone who judged the park entirely on the drop tower incident.

Of course, I really only care about Six Flags because of DC.

9 minutes ago, DannySixFlags said:

I miss Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. If that op didn't let a girl's foot get MUTILATED, then we would've still had it.

When Herschend bought the park 3 years ago, one of the comments on the announcement was "Just be glad Six Flags didn't buy them again." I was outraged. I actually LOVE Six Flags, and I'm always sad when they lose a park. It's either one of those "SF = bad, everything else = good" entitled thoosies, or someone who judged the park entirely on the drop tower incident.

Of course, I really only care about Six Flags because of DC.

That was part of the issue but the main issue is Six Flags and the Fairboard had a blowout over the leasing and Six Flags basically said screw you we're out of here and vacated the premises. The Kochs dropped their interest as well for the same reasons when they were thinking about taking it over after it was abandoned.

en·ti·tled

adjective

believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

"kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"

Explain to me how someone is entitled because they don't like Six Flags parks, or at least compared to other parks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 10:37 PM, prozach626 said:

en·ti·tled

adjective

believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

"kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"

Explain to me how someone is entitled because they don't like Six Flags parks, or at least compared to other parks. 

They hated Six Flags parks for adding flat rides instead of new coasters and using the DC theme too much (I love DC.) But I just realized that definition also describes me (though I'm nice about it.)

It doesn't describe you at all, because nothing says that you not liking something makes you entitled. You shouldn't be expected to like a product. It's the job of Six Flags to find acceptability from the consumer. It's not the consumer's job to be automatically accepting to the product.

Organizations throughout the world have convinced the masses that their expectations need to be lower. Businesses, governments, social organizations, etc. It has become sinfull to want more.