TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^I considered it might just be an error, but BB has been listed as "Hurricane Harbor" ever since they updated the website to the new design. I believe it was just recently labeled "Closed for the Season" though. It still does seem to just be a mistake on the webpage and I notified Katy from the park so if it is an error, they can fix it.

I honestly think that if BB does get removed, then a SkyScreamer will take its place. I honestly can't see them passing up on the name "Great American SkyScreamer" and it does match County Fair

How about "Iron Sky Whirl"?

Ok .. maybe not..

I honestly think that if BB does get removed, then a SkyScreamer will take its place. I honestly can't see them passing up on the name "Great American SkyScreamer" and it does match County Fair

How about "Iron Sky Whirl"?

Ok .. maybe not..

Yeah... wouldn't the old Sky Whirl have been the Iron Sky Whirl?

Got a reply back from Katy and it appears it's just a website mistake. Buccaneer Battle is open. In other news, we're only a few days away from the opening of Goliath!

Here's to hoping that the weather holds out! I don't think there's any day where I've been so afraid of the weather.

I'll be busy Thursday and Friday and the weekend will be an absolute nightmare but I'll try to get there next Wednesday to finally ride it. It looks absolutely phenomenal and the reviews have told us nothing less.

Got a reply back from Katy and it appears it's just a website mistake. Buccaneer Battle is open. In other news, we're only a few days away from the opening of Goliath!

Here's to hoping that the weather holds out! I don't think there's any day where I've been so afraid of the weather.

I have no problem with some rain on Thursday. In fact, I actually prefer it. It's any lightning that I'm concerned about because then they can't operate.

I was there on Wednesday the 4th and Viper in the rain drove it to my number two spot overall. It's very underrated to begin with and the faster ride and raindrops in your face made it so much better.

I might be able to go to the opening, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll see if I can get somebody to drive me and a friend and if I can go, hopefully I'll see some of you there. If not, I hope you all have fun.

I have no problem with some rain on Thursday. In fact, I actually prefer it. It's any lightning that I'm concerned about because then they can't operate.

Oh, a little rain doesn't bother me at all. I'll be bringing my balaclava just in case so the rain doesn't pelt me in the face too hard. My concern is that every forecast predicts severe lightning. Gah, why couldn't it have been today? Such beautiful weather in Lake County.

The forecast is for thunderstorms all day long Thursday, so it could be more than just a little rain, as the lightning would of course close Goliath. Let's hope there are some dry hours.

I saw yesterday that there was some lightning. I'm hoping, as you said, for some dry hours. Even if there's some sprinkles with no lightning for a bit I'll be happy.

The construction cam, which has been down for a few weeks, came back online this afternoon.

So this is something I've seen mentioned elsewhere on the internet and I just noticed it on the Wikipedia page for it. Is Goliath going to be operating with a single rider line? If so that will be the only one in Great America and I really didn't expect to actually see one here.

So this is something I've seen mentioned elsewhere on the internet and I just noticed it on the Wikipedia page for it. Is Goliath going to be operating with a single rider line? If so that will be the only one in Great America and I really didn't expect to actually see one here.

There have been various reports saying that but no one has reported seeing any signage. I'll ask on media Day. I'm quite often a single rider so I'd like to know too.

There have been various reports saying that but no one has reported seeing any signage. I'll ask on media Day. I'm quite often a single rider so I'd like to know too.

Same here, but I can't seem to find an original source on this. My guess is that it's just a rumour that spread too far.

Same here, but I can't seem to find an original source on this. My guess is that it's just a rumour that spread too far.

At 1:11

How crowded is it usually for media day?

Usually not that crowded. Banshee's media day was about 45 min. line at most, and there were a TON of people invited to that media day. Goliath's, however, probably will not be as busy, because less people were invited.

At 1:11

Thanks! Guess I missed that Goliath Insider.

Somebody else posted the original source for this, but I thought it was worth mentioning that Ragin' Cajun had a single rider line, so it's not as if the park hasn't had a coaster with one.