TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

The Southwest Amphitheater area isn't all that big but it's plenty of room for a flat ride or two or a bigger flat ride and its queue area. The width of the amphitheater is literally the same length as the stretch of track on Demon from its first loop to the end of the 2nd loop to put it in perspective. There's not much room to expand around it since it's surrounded on all sides by River Rocker, Giant Drop, Raging Bull, and American Eagle. The only open side goes out into the pathway where the Coke zone thing (I forgot the name) was at.

I'm pretty sure he is just a normal park employee and his name is David. It's a pretty common name.

I still think that the Ragin' Cajun and red American Eagle ride vehicles mean those attractions are leaving, and Iron Eagle is going to replace the red side of American Eagle.

^ There are Ragin Cajun and American Eagle cars in maintenance all year long. RC has 9 cars but can only run 5, so there's five on the track, one extra at the ride and then three in maintenance that get their rehab during summer. American Eagle opened with 3 trains per side but now only runs two per side, so they have extra cars in maintenance that can also get rehabbed during summer.

Having been in there personally I can confirm that there are always RC and AE cars in maintenance. I wouldn't look into that too much. The David thing, I was thinking the same thing. Especially with the crumbling rocks from the teaser. It matches up rather well with the other Goliath logos SF has used. Anyways, I'm intrigued to say the least.

Other questions..... Is that a freaking burning demon thing on the golf cart front at :42?

This could be a prop for Fright Fest, but then again I am completely stumped when it comes to this video. When are they making the official announcement again?

The announcement will likely be the last Thursday of this month (29th) but we should know what the attraction is on August 21st when Six Flags has a meeting with Gurnee to announce their plans and get them approved by the board. The original meeting was August 23rd but it has been moved up to the 21st. It's open to the public so we'll likely know what it is then or at least what type of ride it is.

Outside of the building there is a Sign with a B&M Floorless coaster on it. This could mean that we could see a new B&M Roller Coaster. If they put it in the spot where Iron Wolf was, it could be a tribute since Iron Wolf was B&M's first Roller Coaster ever installed in a theme park. But this probably will not be the case since we just got a B&M Roller Coaster a Year ago. Also, i know this has little to do with anything with the video but the Supervisor who asks David to leave to room in the video has the last name of Bruce. Something Batman Related? Hmmmm?

The more I'm thinking about it, I think turning one side of American Eagle into an RMC creation would be kind of stupid. The racing element would no longer exist, because I'm sure the Iron side would run considerably faster, and the two would then be two completely different coasters next to each other. It would be screwing up a classic racing coaster.

But what if RMC created a brand new ride, like Outlaw Run? Would it be able to fit in Iron Wolf's old spot?

Also, i know this has little to do with anything with the video but the Supervisor who asks David to leave to room in the video has the last name of Bruce. Something Batman Related? Hmmmm?

Brandon Bruce is the park's PR guy. I've met him a few times at the park but I don't think his name has anything to do with it. Plus, we already have 2 Batman themed rides. I would love to see a RMC added to the park.

Also, i know this has little to do with anything with the video but the Supervisor who asks David to leave to room in the video has the last name of Bruce. Something Batman Related? Hmmmm?

Brandon Bruce is the park's PR guy. I've met him a few times at the park but I don't think his name has anything to do with it. Plus, we already have 2 Batman themed rides. I would love to see a RMC added to the park.

Over speculation. Brandon Bruce and Katy Enrique are both PR people. Last year she was playing the role that Brandon is this year. Telling you to not do this and to wait. Its just to build up the hype.