TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags over Georgia ft. Wheelie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ Yes, watch the documentary! Your question will be answered!

Also, Tyler...with all those photos of the Wheelie, did you not get a picture of the awesome big sign that is outside of it?

Personally I think without a shot of the Wheelie sign your update and video is an epic fail!

--Robb

^According to the video and Wikipedia, Schwarz came up with the original models. The design was then licensed and reproduced by Huss and others.

From what I know, is that Schwarzkopf came up with the Enterprise as well as several other designs that used the same base as the Enterprise (Gigant, Katapult, etc..). Huss apparently found out about the Schwarzkopf design and came up with their own and got the patent for it.

Bad News Thai - the Enterprise at TusenFryd was removed a couple of years ago, Wikipedia is wrong. That's one less for you to get all hot and othered about. However, because of your love of the Enterprise I am in a the process of importing photos of various Enterprise's into the Park Index.

I still remember Orleans Orbit (The name was shortened to just Orbit at some point) at Marriot's Great America being the first ride I ever went on that went upside down. I recall looking out to the side of the gondola and watching the horizon flip over, again and again. It was a pretty amazing experience at the time, and I will always have fond memories of riding it. I was a little sad when we went a few years back and the ride was closed down. I thought they were possibly going to remove it. Thankfully it did re-open and it continues to operate as far as I'm aware. Other than when it was closed, I don't think I've ever neglected to ride it when we've visited MGA/PGA/CGA.

Great TR, great video, and I love those shirts. SFOG is my home park, and I think I've been on the Wheelie too many times to count. It's so fun!

My first Enterprise-type ride was actually the Enterprise at the now-defunct Myrtle Beach Pavilion. It was actually my first "upside-down" ride too.

I'm not sure which company made it, because instead of sitting on a bench-style seat, you sit down in an L-shape on a soft pad. I think the lack of an actual seat added to the force of the ride.

Since everyone is getting pictures of enterprises for you, I'll go Monday and get a picture of Screamweaver for you. Ah, Intamin awesomeness packed in the form of an enterprise. It actually was my first ride that goes upside down, and the only ride that still makes me feel a couple inches taller when stepping out of it.

Great TR, great video, and I love those shirts. SFOG is my home park, and I think I've been on the Wheelie too many times to count. It's so fun!

My first Enterprise-type ride was actually the Enterprise at the now-defunct Myrtle Beach Pavilion. It was actually my first "upside-down" ride too.

I'm not sure which company made it, because instead of sitting on a bench-style seat, you sit down in an L-shape on a soft pad. I think the lack of an actual seat added to the force of the ride.

That's definitely a slick looking Huss Enterprise.

Also Thai, I'll get some more photos and even video of Centennial Screamer for you on Saturday! That is if it's running...