TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Member Card?

Crazy4Coasters!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just started testing it yesterday. Some park events are requiring you to be a member of a coaster club or group and this should satisfy it. Think Solace and Holiwood Nights!

Best part about getting a card from TPR, it's FREE!

Awesome! So will we just have to fill out some spaces and then print it out?

Yes, at the present time is it designed to be that simple, although Robb may make changes.

The website programmers whipped this up quickly and Robb is in the process of giving this further thought. Once Robb is in a good place with the Member Card more details will be officially announced.

There is no rule that says you have to pay a fee to be in a club. Example: "The He Man Woman Hater's Club". Use Google if you are too young to get the reference.

Seriously, there is no need to debate whether TPR is a club or not. Robb will work that out with the event organizers. The people running the event determine what coaster club/organization/community cards will be accepted.

I don't want to lock this thread because someone might bring up an issue Robb has not thought of yet.

What you need to know is the following:

1 - Since TPR is the world's largest coaster community, Robb would like the members recognized at park events.

2 - The means to do this is through a print-it-yourself membership card.

3 - The member card is a "work in progress" needing touching up.

4 - I forgot what my 4th point was, read on.

5 - Do not print the member card and expect to walk into any event prior to Robb making a major post about the card.

6 - Robb and Elissa are working hard to make this a reality.

7 - Lamination will not be offered by TPR, you are on your own.

^ Please do not make comments on the card. It is still in development and not ready for any kind of feedback.

As for some of this comment:

So it basically lets you go to Coaster Enthusiast events without being in an actual club like ACE or the canadian one?

Answer me this - what really sets apart a group like ACE from a group like TPR? The way I see it only about $65 per person.

Like Larry said above, you don't *need* to pay dues to be a "club" you need a group of people with the same common interests. And I feel that is what we have here.

So why not have a "Member Card" that makes it a little more official.

We will let you all know when this is ready go officially go "live"

--Robb

Since TPR is the world's largest coaster community, Robb would like the members recognized at park events.

A thought that has occurred to me many times. And this is, in that sense, long overdue. (Though, of course, Robb rightly moves at his own pace in whatever directions he wishes.)

Still, I'm excited about this idea not because it's free (although that's nice too), but because I'd simply rather be associated with TPR over any other "club."

Good luck with the project. As always, Robb, you're the Santa of the coasterverse.

I've had some interesting conversations with parks over the past couple of days and it would seem that if we are to offer any kind membership card that would allow access to events or park discounts for TPR members many parks are going to require that we are a "paid membership."

Their reasoning, and frankly I see where they are coming from, is that some of the discounts they offer to "club memebrs" is often better than the coupons or local soda cans offered so if we created a "free" membership then we essentially have created a "free coupon" for anyone who finds it, registers, and prints out the card. And I'm told that would compete with deals they have made with other companies.

I need to think about this a bit more to figure out how we would re-tool a "paid membership" for TPR.

My initial thought is to do something where we charge a certain amount, like $25 annually, but that gets you a $15 TPR Store credit and the membership card that we laminate and mail to you. I'm also working on other things to add some value like a TPR signature banner that will include your ride count, and I'd really like to work out as many discounts as we can with some parks.

Anyway, these are just some ideas. Thoughts?

--Robb

Basically paying $10 a year (after store credit) wouldn't be bad, and it would definitely pay for itself anyway, if we were getting park discounts. I do have another idea though...maybe it would work if (free) membership cards were available only to those who were active members of TPR and had a certain number of posts on the site. That way not just anybody would join only to get the discounts.

But if that idea isn't possible or it has already been tossed around, then I still wouldn't mind paying the small yearly fee.

I've had some interesting conversations with parks over the past couple of days and it would seem that if we are to offer any kind membership card that would allow access to events or park discounts for TPR members many parks are going to require that we are a "paid membership."

Their reasoning, and frankly I see where they are coming from, is that some of the discounts they offer to "club memebrs" is often better than the coupons or local soda cans offered so if we created a "free" membership then we essentially have created a "free coupon" for anyone who finds it, registers, and prints out the card. And I'm told that would compete with deals they have made with other companies.

I need to think about this a bit more to figure out how we would re-tool a "paid membership" for TPR.

My initial thought is to do something where we charge a certain amount, like $25 annually, but that gets you a $15 TPR Store credit and the membership card that we laminate and mail to you. I'm also working on other things to add some value like a TPR signature banner that will include your ride count, and I'd really like to work out as many discounts as we can with some parks.

So you want to turn TPR into Coasterbuzz?

I don't like the idea.

The main reason why I don't post or even visit Coasterbuzz is the membership fee, and advertisements.

I say keep TPR free.