TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 - Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is too cool...Michael and I just booked two plane tickets out West yesterday to meet my Dad who had driven his motor home to Arizona. It just so happens that this event will be held the same weekend we'll be out that way! How lucky is that??

I may be signing up three for the Bash - just gotta find us a campsite for a couple of days first. I see one in Valencia called the Valencia Travel Village. Has anyone ever camped there?

^ Also...would the early entry parking be available for a thirty two foot motor home? I would like to make sure that we would be able to get in to the event and parking lot before the GP without causing any issues. IE: Snarling incoming traffic due to the bus/motor home lane being closed/gated for the early entry (or something to that effect).

I would assume that this would not be a problem, but I just figured it would be better to play it safe and check first!

Thanks!

^ Also...would the early entry parking be available for a thirty two foot motor home?

Ooh...that's a good question. I can find out and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't let you in, just know that they may not be able to do the free parking for a vehicle that large.

--Robb

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, so forgive me if the post is in the wrong place.

My family of 5 will be attending WCB in March. One of us is only a toddler. The adults normally rotate out watching our child while the others partake in ERT.

Is the toddler required to pay the $30 registration fee even though she cannot ride any of the coasters?

Thanks Everyone,

-GR

^ Unfortunately a 4 year old would fall into that "over 2 years, under 48" category" so she would be required to have her own ticket to get into the event. I'm unable to make exceptions that are outside of the parks admission restrictions, sorry.

--Robb

I may be signing up three for the Bash - just gotta find us a campsite for a couple of days first. I see one in Valencia called the Valencia Travel Village. Has anyone ever camped there?

About a 5-10 minute drive up the 5 freeway is the Castaic Lake recreation area. Should be tons of camping options there.

^ & ^^

Thanks for the helpful information, guys! We will definitely look into both options.

I got three of us signed up last night via Paypal so it is looking very definite now...really looking forward to it!

Phil

There is a Forest Service campground off of "The Old Rd" about 5 miles north called "Oak Hollow" or something like that. It's along the frontage road between the dam and the nearest exit south of the dam (Templin Hwy?) It used to be free but I don't know about nowadays. If you can stand pit toilets... I'd camp there again any day.

I have a question. On SFMM's website, it says the park closes at 8:00, but Nighttime ERT doesn't start until 8:30. What will be going on in that 30 minutes?

Also, is there any idea how much "free time" there will be at the park? Like time without ERT and tours, just doing whatever.

What do we need to have with us to get into the event? Just an ID? or will we recieve some kind of pass?

If it works like how it did last year, the check-in booth will be outside the main entrance gates. Whatever entrance ticket media anyone needs I would think would be given out at that time.

I have a question. On SFMM's website, it says the park closes at 8:00, but Nighttime ERT doesn't start until 8:30. What will be going on in that 30 minutes?

They did the same thing last year so they they could clear the queues and do "sweep" (clear the general public guests from the park) before our ERT started.

Luckily it was a very slow day so sweep didn't take very long and ERT actually started shortly after 8pm!

Hopefully that will happen again this year, but there is no promises that ERT will start early.

--Robb

We drive by the Valencia Travel Village when we go to the park. It looks REALLY nice and is probably 5 or so minutes from the park

Glad that I called VTV when I did! Lady said that they only had ONE RV site left that would accomodate a 38' motor home.... so we snagged it up!

Thanks to all that have responded with the helpful info!

Hey just wanted to know if any of you that are going want to hit the major rides after ERT is over and the park opens? IDK about you riding solo ''sucks!'' big time

if I can get there, ... I'll join you, as I would also be a "solo rider", ... still looking to carpool with anyone from Las Vegas, or anyone passing through...