TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Coaster decade do you enjoy the most?

What rollercoasters of what decade do you enjoy the most?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What rollercoasters of what decade do you enjoy the most?

• 2000's
    • 1990's
    • 1980's
    • 1970's
    • 1960's
    • 1900's-1950's

I was just thinking that sometimes we ride coasters and never realize what time in history they were built. I always enjoyed Montezooma's Revenge and I forget it was built in the 70's. But I really enjoyed the 2000's because it took steel coasters to new heights, literally! (Excuse the pun ) What decade do you enjoy / or enjoyed the most coasters from?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you could enjoy any decade no matter your age. There are rides that are much older than what they seem. I say the 2000's still are driven by innovation, in the 90's inversions were the name of the game, and the 80's for me just make me think of finally breaking the height mark of 200ft (Magnum XL-200)

Yea I need to ride some of those good ol' woodies. I've been desynthetized from woodies due to the steel driven So. Cal parks that surround me... which isn't that much of a bad thing Am looking forward to Terminator at SFMM, maybe there's still a light at the end of the tunnel

... the 80's for me just make me think of finally breaking the height mark of 200ft (Magnum XL-200)

A common error, Moonsault Scramble (1983) was the first coaster to break the 200ft-tall barrier.

My favourite coaster decade would probably have been the Golden Age of woodies - the 1920s. Ever thought that you were born in the wrong decade?

Simon

... the 80's for me just make me think of finally breaking the height mark of 200ft (Magnum XL-200)

A common error, Moonsault Scramble (1983) was the first coaster to break the 200ft-tall barrier.

My favourite coaster decade would probably have been the Golden Age of woodies - the 1920s. Ever thought that you were born in the wrong decade?

Simon

However, Magnum was the first true hyper coaster, so you are both right in a way.

Simon

However, Magnum was the first true hyper coaster, so you are both right in a way.

Thanks for clearing that up, that's a nice piece of info and pretty cool looking shuttle from the 80's ... I wonder if it had its share rough rides though lol 6.2 G's oh my!

I voted for the 70's because out of all of the decades it has the most influence. It has the rebirth of coasters with the Racer, the first modern looping coaster, Corkscrew, and the first modern loop, Revoluiton. Other rides like Beast, Loch Ness Monster, Screamin Eagle, Gemini, Shockwave, Texas Cyclone, Great American Scream Machine, and Mindbender, which all run well today.

Tough call. I went with the '80s because of the creativity. Stand-up, suspended, weird things like Ultra Twister...

Although the '70s were terrific for the resurgence in coaster building and the introduction of inversions. And the '20s had the abundance of wooden coasters. And the last two decades have produced some of the best rides ever.

I'd say the only bad decade in the last 100 years or so was the '30s.

I say the 90's, to me it was truly the epitome of good days for coasters and amusement parks. There was something trully awesome about every single season looking forward to a new park building the world tallest/fastest/longest/inverted, looping, wood, etc. coaster. Every single year bigger and faster coasters built all over the place, and the B&M's were always fantastic back then...

The 2000's are also great with the incredible innovations we're seeing every year, but I feel nostalgic towards the 90's...

1900's-1950's

Those things look good, sound good and even smell good.

Plus no modern coaster can match the thrilling sensation of wondering whether that stack of wood will hold together after all those years, and the joyful sensation after riding it to be somehow still alive.