Guitar Hero World tour Vs. Rock Band 2

kalvin

Rock Band 2 or Guitar hero World Tour  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Rock Band 2 or Guitar hero World Tour

• guitar hero world tour
    • rock band 2

I'm going to say GHWT.

Simply because Rock band seems a little naff to me.

And the sound of a song creator is awesome!

Will only be buying the game though, I already have a guitar.

But I must say that Neither compare to a real guitar.

But then again it just gives you the experience of playing a song on a guitar. So in a way, Everybody Wins!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guitar Hero IV: World Tour because, Rock Band 2 is just a re-work of the first game, with nothing much else changed. I think the create-a-song is well overdue, i've been hoping that GHero would do something like that. I Like Rock Band but there are ceartin things that I can't stand. Like the clear fret board (messes me up sometimes when I play) and the cheap-looking clear notes.

Rock Band. Love the guitar with the button-tapping ability, love the drums (those cymbals on the World Tour drums look pretty cheap). And I recently switched my money over from GH to RB when I realized that the Rock Band instruments work on all three band games, while the GH ones only work on GH games. Waste of money there, if you ask me.

And I, personally, LOVE (I can't emphasize that enough) the notes and the interface of Rock Band ten ba-jillion times more than Guitar Hero's circle notes.

^ I agree. The whole presentation of the rectangular notes is nice. It looks more "Clean" than the circular notes do. I think they're easier to read as well.

Also, the note charts are pure fun. I haven't really found a song that I don't really want to play. Sure, some of them are difficult ("Afterlife" - Avenged Sevenfold and Megadeth's album come to mind) but at least they're charted well and the notes aren't plopped everywhere.

If GH didn't have so many chords (2 and 3 buttons held at once) it would be fun. But I think that, as mentioned above, Activision got thrown into this and took someone from their design team to chart the songs that had absolutely no idea how to chart them to the music.

And I recently switched my money over from GH to RB when I realized that the Rock Band instruments work on all three band games, while the GH ones only work on GH games. Waste of money there, if you ask me.

I've been told GH guitars work on both. By many people.

^ Um, chords are a huge part of guitar playing. I'd rather see more chords than single notes.

^^^ The guitar hero guitar only works on rock band on the x box version. There's some argument between the companies on the PS3 version. I bought guitar hero 3 thinking the guitar would work on rock band, and it doesn't. I don't know about world tour and rock band 2, though. I would hope they solved all that crap.

^^^ The guitar hero guitar only works on rock band on the x box version. There's some argument between the companies on the PS3 version. I bought guitar hero 3 thinking the guitar would work on rock band, and it doesn't. I don't know about world tour and rock band 2, though. I would hope they solved all that crap.

Do you have a PS3? If so, go into the Playstation Store and download that "Song Transport Key" or whatever for $5. This download will also allow the GH3 guitar to be used with Rock Band now.

I actually just figured this out yesterday. Lol. Hurray for being able to have Guitar and Bass now

i just bought RB2, so far, I like it, the song selection for the beg. is pretty good. Can't wait to see the songs after I start the tour to get more songs unlocked. Probably going to spend 5 dollars and get all the songs from RB1 on RB2.

One thing I like is that there is no more single tour and band tour, it is just quick play and tour.

I played RB2 yesterday and thought that it was pure sh!t. It was just about the same as RB1; the only big difference was that it had new songs, and the song list wasn't all that great. If your doing a world tour, you'll have to be 5 hours into it untill you got to the really good, non-annoying songs. After playing this game, I really belive that GH will blow RB off the stage.

But the real thing that sold me for GH, was that they were going to treat the Wii with as much respect as Xbox and PS3. Since my Xbox broke, I decided not to buy a new one, so I'm left with my Wii. And after playing RB on Wii, I felt insulted that they would do that to the wii. RB treated wii like sh!t, while GH will allow Wii do do everything all the other systems can do. Plus GH on Wii will have DLC on it, which RB2 on Wii won't have.

--Chris

Well, I downloaded a demo of GH: Aerosmith. GH: Aerosmith seems more cartoonist than RB. Also, the notes were hard to see. IF GH:WT is anything like that one, than I wouldn't like GH:WT. RB2, seems more real life in game video. Also, RB is more for fun, while GH is more competitive. I don't know how GH:WT will be, though.

Calling out any RB2 drummer or singer, Erik and I have been playing this weekend without those at times, so we could have our own TPR band if Erik Wants. The Dirty Hippe Killers is calling you.

Here is the GH:WT complete song list:

311 - "Beautiful Disaster"

30 Seconds To Mars - "The Kill"

Airbourne - "Too Much Too Young"

The Allman Brothers Band - "Ramblin' Man"

Anouk - "Good God"

The Answer - "Never Too Late"

At The Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"

Beastie Boys - "No Sleep Till Brooklyn"

Beatsteaks - "Hail to the Freaks"

Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"

Black Label Society - "Stillborn"

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Weapon of Choice"

blink-182 - "Dammit"

Blondie - "One Way or Another"

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - "Hollywood Nights"

Bon Jovi - "Livin' On A Prayer"

Bullet For My Valentine - "Scream Aim Fire"

Coldplay - "Shiver"

Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Up Around The Bend"

The Cult - "Love Removal Machine"

Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel The Pain"

The Doors - "Love Me Two Times"

Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"

The Eagles - "Hotel California"

The Enemy - "Aggro"

Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"

Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"

Foo Fighters - "Everlong"

The Guess Who - "American Woman"

Hush Puppies - "You're Gonna Say Yeah!"

Interpol - "Obstacle 1"

Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"

Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze (Live)"

Jimi Hendrix - "The Wind Cries Mary"

Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"

Joe Satriani - "Satch Boogie"

Kent - "Vinternoll2"

Korn - "Freak On A Leash"

Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"

Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way"

Linkin Park - "What I've Done"

The Living End - "Prisoner of Society"

Los Lobos - "La Bamba"

Lost Prophets - "Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)"

Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)"

Mars Volta - "L'Via L'Viaquez"

MC5's Wayne Kramer - "Kick Out The Jams"

Metallica - "Trapped Under Ice"

Michael Jackson - "Beat It"

Modest Mouse - "Float On"

Motörhead - "Overkill"

Muse - "Assassin"

Negramaro - "Nuvole e Lenzuola"

Nirvana - "About a Girl (Unplugged)"

No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"

NOFX - "Soul Doubt"

Oasis - "Some Might Say"

Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"

Ozzy Osbourne - "Mr. Crowley"

Paramore - "Misery Business"

Pat Benatar - "Heartbreaker"

R.E.M. - "The One I Love"

Radio Futura - "Escuela De Calor"

Rise Against - "Re-Education Through Labor"

Sex Pistols - "Pretty Vacant"

Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"

Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"

Steely Dan - "Do It Again"

Steve Miller Band - "The Joker"

Sting - "Demolition Man (Live)"

The Stone Roses - "Love Spreads"

Stuck In The Sound - "Toy Boy"

Sublime - "Santeria"

Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"

System of a Down - "B.Y.O.B."

Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"

Ted Nugent's Original Guitar Duel Recording

Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"

Tool - "Parabola"

Tool - "Schism"

Tool - "Vicarious"

Trust - "Antisocial"

Van Halen - "Hot For Teacher"

Willie Nelson - "On The Road Again"

Wings - "Band on the Run"

Zakk Wylde's Original Guitar Duel Recording

And here is the DLC songs so far:

Metallica Album: Death Magnetic

Metallica - "That Was Just Your Life"

Metallica - "The End of the Line"

Metallica - "Broken, Beat & Scarred"

Metallica - "The Day That Never Comes"

Metallica - "All Nightmare Long"

Metallica - "Cyanide"

Metallica - "The Unforgiven III"

Metallica - "The Judas Kiss"

Metallica - "My Apocalypse"

Metallica - "Suicide & Redemption J.H."

Metallica - "Suicide & Redemption K.H."

Smashing Pumpkins Pack

Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"

Smashing Pumpkins - "The Everlasting Gaze"

Smashing Pumpkins - "G.L.O.W."

R.E.M. Track Pack

R.E.M. - "Horse To Water"

R.E.M. - "Man-Sized Wreath"

R.E.M. - "Supernatural Superserious"

--Chris

i seen 10 songs I like in that list. Also, seen quite a few songs that are also on RB2.

I am probalby going to save up and get the Ion drum rocker for RB. either that or get the new RB2 drum kit and the RB2 microphone.

I love playing Spirit in the Sky on RB2 though, one of my favorite songs.

^^ No, I'm talking about charts like the Disturbed, Queens of the Stone Age, and Slipknot songs. They just weren't fun.

Rock Band's take on "3's and 7's" was much better in my opinion.

I haven't played all of RB's songs. The ones I did play, I thought were too easy, which I've heard was a complaint. Not that I liked all of GH's songs though, some of them were down right impossible.

All the more reason to have an XBox 360.

All the more reason to have an XBox 360.

Do you have a PS3? If so, go into the Playstation Store and download that "Song Transport Key" or whatever for $5. This download will also allow the GH3 guitar to be used with Rock Band now.

Reading is helpful

Here is the GH:WT complete song list:

30 Seconds To Mars - "The Kill"

Blondie - "One Way or Another"

Bon Jovi - "Livin' On A Prayer"

Foo Fighters - "Everlong"

Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"

Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"

Modest Mouse - "Float On"

Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"

The Stone Roses - "Love Spreads"

Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"

System of a Down - "B.Y.O.B."

Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"

--Chris

Already on Rock Band. (DLC/RB2)

Also, remember. Oct 19th or sometime around there, Hermonix is going to announce/release 20 DLC songs for FREE.

Making RB2 have over 100 tracks. 500+ (RB1/DLC) songs by the end of the year. Have fun catching up Activision

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the RB/RB2 supporters. I've just had a better experience with the RB series, both with playability (even with RB1s issues) and DLC.

There are a couple artists in GH:WT that really make me want to buy the disc (Paul McCartney & Wings, Eagles)...but then I remind myself how bad the charts were in GH3. I may pick it up eventually when I can get it at a discount, but I have no intention of paying $60 for it.