TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights 2005

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Universal-Excitement used to have videos of the entire event, but he's taken his video section down.

I hated Diso, although it achieved what it set out to do, for some reason, all of the strobe lights and messed up painted walls set off a "panic" mode with me and I wanted to get out of there.

In my case, it was the complete absence of air conditioning. It was stuffy as all hell in there. And it was also so dark that you wouldn't even notice half the people attempting to jump out at you. That was just an obnoxious experience overall. What made it worse was that it was the first thing I did at HHN last year, because they had the rest of the park blocked off and told everyone to go to Marvel until it opened. I knew Diso was bad before I even went in (employee reviews). Bad first impression.

If the rumors about that building being used for "The Cantina" are true, they better put some kind of AC system in that dumb little shed.

Screamscape had a batch of rumors this morning...

-The icon may be a biker character, and with that of course comes a motorcyle house.

-Poseidon's Fury will become a mine shaft themed haunted house which will be completely dark except for your headlight you must wear in the house. (which will activate the scares)

-A house based on the fear of attics/basements with many stairs.

-Another PITCH BLACK style haunted house. (sweet)

All rumors at this point, of course, and the latest is that both parks will be used again (at least part of them)

Cya there

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen the map in the book in the middle of the page? I dont remember seeing it this afternoon but I didnt look too hard at the page. It looks like its only IOA.. themed VERY COOL..

Terra Throne = Port of Entry

Dragon Forge --- LC

Terror Mines = Poseidon

Burning Oak = Enchanted Oak

Blood Ruins = Looks like thats Dragons?! Or Maybe Sinbad.. I'm losT!

Corewood Forest --- JP

Cemetary Mines= Trike?

South Hollow -- Marvel

Bill and Ted = Matt Hoffman like last year

North Hollow -- Suess

Where Evil Hides and Cold Blind Terror look like they'll be in soundstages.

Thats most of what I can make out. Not sure if you have seen it yet. My friends at Dragons told me it's only IOA, and it doesnt look like they have set up any passages between the parks so if they decide to open the Studios it'll be non themed.

Personally, although it gets crazy at IOA on busy nights, I liked it better there than in both parks. You arent safe ANYWHERE, unlike the dead spots last year.. maybe because I was working 10AM-2AM in somedays I didnt like it as much last year I dunno.. looks AWESOME though and I miss working there

Eric

It is.

South Hollow -- Marvel

It's Toon Lagoon. Also, Blood Ruins is in a soundstage.

I like this year's theme, and the graphics kick ass. I'm just miffed at the seeming lack of anything besides B&T in Toon. The path to the soundstages is also not listed as a scarezone.

My favorite haunted house ever was Pitch Black for Halloween Horror Nights XI. Just a completely dark maze with ocassional bursts of strobe light and a bizzare audio track. It was one of Universal's only houses that made you feel truly lost. I'm glad to see them use this concept again along with cold temperatures for a new experience. Where Evil Hides sounds interesting... the soundstage houses are always good.

Anyone gonna be there Oct 16/Sunday?

I am really not buying the whole theme. It just seems so overdone. I feel like its the 4th installment of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Hmmmm... I might just hold out this year.

So you can't enjoy the actual event just because the backstory is a little overdone? The only area that will be anything like LOTR is Dragon Forge... which already looks like that in the daytime.

Hi guys, wonder if you could give me a little advice.

My girlfriend and I are travelling over to Florida from England for 2 weeks on 17th Sept and as luck would have it, our last day, the 30th, a day we'd planned to visit one of the Unviersal parks anyway, turns out to be the first night of HHN. So obviously we wanna go, it sounds great! We've attended similar events at Alton Towers and Thorpe Park over here (specially constructed houses filled with actors) and they've been amazing so we're so excited about this one because you guys across the pond put our parks to shame!

We've been debating whether to get our tickets online before we leave.

We plan on visiting IOA during the day and then HHN in the evening of the 30th and we'll be getting fastpasses too. From my understanding the cheapest way to do it would be do just buy our tickets for the day when we get there and then upgrade with the "Stay and Scream" thing on the day. Yesterday we agreed to do it this way but I'm having second thoughts as I'm worried that HHN for that night will sell out and we will end up missing out for the sake of saving $20 or so.

What would you seasoned pro's advise us to do?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

^^ I have been to many a' HHN and I have never seen the first weekend sell out, it's usually the last 2 weekends that do and usually just saturdays. That being said, this year with the frequent fear pass (which is what I get) you can go on the first weekend as well, usually this pass only gets you in on weekdays. So that might put a few more people in the park, you wont have to worry about me, I wont be going untill the 12th. But I still think it would be amazing if it sold out the first night, I mean its not even in october and so far I have yet to see a commercial on the telly(<- that's British) But, if I was comming from overseas I would be very upset if I missed the HHN fun 'cause I wanted to save $20.00, but that's easy for me to say, it only cost me $50.00 for a possible 11 nights of fun. Also if you are planning to do IOA in the daytime you shouldn't need the speedpass for the night, you will be able to do all the rides during the day (if you get there when it opens) then after they kick out the loosers that aren't staying for HHN you will be released in the park before the let the herd of people in at the gates. You should be able to get at least 2 houses in (depending on where you get "roped off" and which houses open when) you know what nevermind, if your only gonna do it once you might wanna be safe and get the pass too, you never know what will happen. Also not to scare you usually the first couple of nights are not as good as the rest, because they have to work out the kinks, but it will still be lots of fun, hell your British you never know the difference... Well good luck and have fun!!

I hope this helped you mate (<- thats British too)

PAll "C'Mon Octobet 12th"

^^^get the passes, UKParkGeek - even if you are able to hit the houses fast and easy, the lines will start getting insane and there'll be no way you can do any of the houses again later in the evening. Those booklets are also great for riding coasters at night, which is sadly a rarity at IOA unless you're there in a really busy period

Hey, Jarmor - we're gonna be down there at the same time. What night(s) are you hitting HHN?