TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Orleans Place Boardwalk |RCT3|

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orleans Place Boardwalk is back!

After recovering from Hurricane Gustav, Orleans Place Boardwalk construction will continue at full force!

Here are some of the things we're working on!

Orleans Place Boardwalk has made a special effort to save and restore a classic Arrow roller coaster. With the help of Vekoma, this coaster looks brand new with new supports, new paint, and new hardware!

Screwball is the area's first "ball coaster". Eight riders will sit on either side of the track sitting back-to-back in "rotating" cars that will flip, tilt, and spin as the car maneuvers the ride's course. But the ride doesn't stop as enters the station! It will fly right through back up into the vertical section, stopping near the top for some weightlessness!

Landry's Seafood House will provide some of the best views of Orleans Place Boardwalk. The restaurant will have two entrances - one from the main boardwalk and one from the boardwalk plaza area. The two story restaurant will be serving up some of the freshest fish on the coast!

^^ Thanks!

Update

Pre-Opening

We really dodged a bullet with Gustav and it looks as if Ike will go to the south of us! We are all very lucky.

Delta Demon stands tall over the parking lot. It will greet guests as they arrive.

Here's an overview shot of the ride. The station has not yet been completed.

The ride will greet guests as they arrive. It stands tall above the parking lot looking very menacing.

Check back soon for more updates! The park is coming along nicely!

Update

Pre-Opening Construction

Welcome back! I have two new restaurants for you to take a look at today.

Landry's is the place to go if you're craving some seafood! This is Landry's second location in the New Orleans area.

It's going to be difficult to get a seat right by the window, but if you do, you'll have a great view of Lake Ponchartrain.

And right next door to Landry's is Cadillac Bar, a Mexican grill.

This restaurant will also provide some great views!

Check back soon for more updates!

Update

Year 10

Welcome back! Alot of progress has been made in the past few days.

The area around the observation tower has been landscaped.

I'm told it isn't done yet.

The outside area of Joe's Crab Shack will also be a great place to check out the views (of Screwball).

Check back soon for more. Please keep our friends in Kemah in your thoughts as they recover from Hurricane Ike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Decoration. Just to add something.

Update

Pre-Opening

Welcome back! Construction has been slow around here lately but things are picking back up quickly!

Saltgrass Steak House is nearing completion! It is at the opposite end of the park near Delta Demon.

It's a fairly small restaurant compared to the other four in the park. I'll have more tomorrow, I didn't have much time this visit!

I love all the restaurants. Especially the Saltgrass steak house. Where do you get these names? As tony the tiger would say, "Theyrrrrrrrrr Great!!!". I could never come up with most of those names - that tends to be my weakness when it comes to creativity - naming stories, naming parks, naming... anything.

I really like this park because of the variety you are introducing. How most, if not all, of the restaurants have a theme... its very nice. I'd go there if it was real.

They're all restaurants at Kemah Boardwalk, OPB's "sister park". The two parks are very similar.

Update

Pre-Opening

Hey, welcome back! I have some more shots of Saltgrass Steak House from my visit.

The outdoor section provides yet another great view of the lake.

The inside section might not give you a perfect view of the lake, but it's still nice!

Here's a better view of the entire restaurant. Check back soon for more!

Okay so like The Delta Demon looks like an extremely nice addition to the park but like someone else said before me... the ride itself looks short and painful. But regardless, it doesn't hurt the park. I'm like super totally excited to see the park open. It looks great. Loves it!

Honestly all I can say is OMG, I really can't find anything better to describe what I see. Theming is top notch and the rides look good, I like the way their not too long because an arrow looper can be too long and twisty to my eyes. Keep it up and I bet we'll see more great things out of you and can't wait to see more