Orleans Place Boardwalk |RCT3|

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Year 5 Announcement

SPIRIT OF NEW ORLEANS

NEW ORLEANS - Orleans Place Boardwalk has announced a bold new attraction for their upcoming season. Spirit of New Orleans will take riders through the crescent city through different scenes such as Canal Street and the famous wetlands. The high-tech dark ride will employ high-definition screens for some scenes while using crafted sets for others.

The ride will conclude with a trip down the french quarter during Hurricane Katrina. Top of the line wind and water effects will be used to simulate the force the storm held. Riders will then travel through some scenes of the devestation left by the storm.

"We were looking for the total New Orleans experience here, which is hard to fit into a five minute ride!" a park spokesman said, "We picked what we felt were some of the more iconic places and events in the city's history."

The ride will be located in the boardwalk's entrance plaza alongside Aquarium, Joe's Crabshack, and the new guest information center.

The ride's line is already filled the outside portion! The wait is nearly two hours!

I've even seen a few people get off crying. It is an emotional ride, that's for sure.

The first half of the ride mostly consists of riding through dark rooms with huge panoramic-like video screens telling the city's history.

The second half is mostly actual scenery - like this portion which takes you down Canal Street.

You'll also go through the wetlands!

The final scene of the ride is quite intense. The aftermath is very emotional, especially if you were here for the storm.

DOWNLOAD TOMORROW!

Update

Year 5

DOWNLOAD

Custom Scenery Needed:

It's grown just a bit in the past five years!

We've seen some pretty impressive additions!

It'll be interesting to see what the next five years hold.

I wonder how they'll manage to pack more stuff in!

They'll find a way, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the support on this park, guys. It will be my last for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if someone could help me out. RCT3 keeps crashing when I try to load this park. I have all of the custom scenery installed, but I am unsure of where to put the logo folder that is included with the park. I am hoping that this is the problem causing the crash. If anyone knows where to put this folder please let me know. Thanks!

• 3 months later...