TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Use of a flash pass at Great Adventure and The Dark Knight

I plan on taking a trip up to GA within the next couple of weeks, every time I go I always buy a flash pass gold with my family or friends because I refuse to spend my whole day sitting in line for 3 rides.

My question is of course the Flash Pass works with the Dark Knight, but does it affect the pre-show type events essential to the atmosphere of the ride? For normal coasters like Ka and Toro skipping the line really has no bad benefits except some nasty looks =P, but in the case of TDK does using the flash pass skip the thematics, or does it put you to the front of when the thematics start?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the Flashpass on the Dark Knight does not cut the preshow out of your ride. Their is a separate line for Flash Pass users that I was in yesterday and you were let in first to the preshow area. I suggest getting the gold flashpass so you can reserve it from anywhere in the park and then walk right up into the ride.

thank you so much thats exactly what I wanted to hear! Damn right getting the gold flash pass, every time I do I probably ride all the major coasters a minimum of 10 times.

But that makes me extremely pleased that not only do you get to bypass the cue line, but vip into the show.

Only question when you say reserve from anywhere in the park, is this a new feature? From what I experienced from past times using the pass you need to scan the ride and come back when its ready, does it work different now or did i misunderstand you?

Great Adventure and several other Six Flags parks switched over this year to the new Q-bot system like Dollywood. All rides and shows are shown on a new larger Q-bot screen. You can scroll and select one item at a time. All of the Reservation boxes in the parks have been or will be removed at some point. This is for both Gold and regular Flashpass Users.

EDIT: Here is a picture of what the new Flashpass look like.

(picture from Google search)

Hmm this sounds better and a little bit different.

Could somebody elborate more on how the new system works? Im checking the q-bot site and still see the old method of using them.

So of course the old system is scanning the q-bot at the ride then getting a time to come back or ride.

The new system lets you select the rides from the q-bot itself? Seems pretty nifty but if someone could go a little bit more in depth about it, it would be great. I really didnt think the old method was that bad, but this sounds like it could be easier "exp for gold passes" say we want to ride kingda ka and were at nitro. If a gold pass wait is 10 min then we have to walk all the way from Nitro to ka then scan our pass and wait 10 min. With the new system then 10 min start deducting while were walking towards our next ride.

Im assuming thats what makes the new system easier huh?

^Sounds like you pretty much get it!

Yes the new system is AMAZING!

Basically on your display is every ride on the system and a time next to it. The time next to the ride name is when you would be allowed to board it. You go through and select which ride you want, then go ride it. Then you can select the next one and take your time walking over (although in some cases we were late!)

Oh how I love those Qbots (Gold is a must!) Robb and I should totally get a commission!

wow so the new bot automatically tells you what time "in terms of you pass of course" you would board if you reserved that ride? wow thats pretty cool

kinda takes away from the suprise of seeing how long your wait will be when you scan you pass though.

*edit*

one question I notice from the pic above though is wth does full mean..with the new system can you only have so many reservations on a ride?

^ You can reserve the same ride as many times as you want. I know some people who have used it 20 plus times on the same ride with no problems. I am sure as long as the park isn't closed you can keep riding again and again.

Out of curiosity; how long a time does it give you until your ride?

I know with the old Gold Flash Passes, many times you'd scan a ride and be allowed right on, due to the five minute grace period before the actual time you were given. With the new passes, will the time given be later than previous years? Will you have to reserve a ride while walking towards it rather than at it if you don't want to wait?

Out of curiosity; how long a time does it give you until your ride?

I know with the old Gold Flash Passes, many times you'd scan a ride and be allowed right on, due to the five minute grace period before the actual time you were given. With the new passes, will the time given be later than previous years? Will you have to reserve a ride while walking towards it rather than at it if you don't want to wait?

You cannot 'enter' a ride until the actual time displayed (no more 5-minute grace period). However, being able to reserve from any point allows you to reserve right after you 'enter' a ride.

i.e.- if you reserve El Toro and it is time to ride, you go to the Lo-q attendant and they scan your q-bot, allowing you to enter. At this point, you can reserve another ride (including El Toro) so while you are riding, you are waiting for the next one. I think this is much better than the old system.

yea unless the next ride is like within five minutes and your standing waiting to be loaded lol.

But with the new system your time does not expire. You can ride any time after the specified time on your q-bot.

^Sounds like you pretty much get it!

Yes the new system is AMAZING!

Basically on your display is every ride on the system and a time next to it. The time next to the ride name is when you would be allowed to board it. You go through and select which ride you want, then go ride it. Then you can select the next one and take your time walking over (although in some cases we were late!)

Oh how I love those Qbots (Gold is a must!) Robb and I should totally get a commission!

Better yet in your offical capacity talking with different parks marketing teams about events, can you promote the benefits of qbots.

Since Dollywood has it, that means Six Flags does not own the exclusive technolgy. If only you can convince Cedar Fair to incorporate it.

It's an extra revenue stream that would just be silly to ignore.

I was just at SFGAm last Saturday and bought the regular Qbot. They say that you wait just as long as everyone in line with the regular qbot, but our wait time was 10 min all day for just about every ride offered. Raging Bull had both sections of switchbacks filled and Superman's line overflowed out onto the midway (needless to say that it was busy)...so why didn't we wait "as long as everyone else"?

I was perfectly fine with waiting only ten minutes, but I might consider purchasing the regular in the future instead of the gold if it is usually like this. I have purchased the gold before at SFGAd and didn't have to wait at all, but I would definitely rather wait ten minutes with the regular qbot than pay double for the gold. Anyone know anything?...

• 1 month later...

Which is why it blows me away that SFMM (probably one of the better parks to benefit from this Q-Bot system) is not using this system yet.

Get with it Magic Mountain! Flashpasses are old school!

Which is why it blows me away that SFMM (probably one of the better parks to benefit from this Q-Bot system) is not using this system yet.

Get with it Magic Mountain! Flashpasses are old school!

But with SFMM's system, people can give you their extra passes if they are leaving, and you can also find some on the ground! That can't happen with a Q-Bot. I only say that because that's exactly what happened to me two summers ago, lol. I got free flashpass rides on Tatsu from a lady that was leaving, and I also found some on the ground in X's queue. I think I still have some left over that I kept. I'm only joking, the Q-Bot seems to be a much better system, and glad to see parks switching over.

The Qbots are awesome because I just used them a week ago I was at Six Flags Over Georgia! When you are walking towards the area of the park you are going to just press the reserve button on the ride you want to ride in that section of the park!Some Qbot people will let you get in line with out scanning the Qbot but some want to be a pain the you know what and you have to wait how many minutes left!Lucky me I got on every roller coaster without scanning my Qbot at the entrance!!!But the Qbot will make your day a great one and have fun at six flags great adventure!!