TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I've just ridden my FIRST INVERSION!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your upside-downiness... make sure you work up to the whipping inverts on a B&M invert and a divebomb on a B&M Flyer pretzel loop (preferably Tatsu). Nothing like entering a Pretzel loop and seeing the track diving straight down in front of you, it really is a "oh sh****ttt!!!!" moment... make sure you ride in the back

Actually, my first coaster was Dominator(formerly at Geauga Lake) in 2002, I was told the loop was the tallest inversion at the time(142 feet I believe) I don't know if that claim is true or not but yeah, good times haha.

Viper at SFMM still holds the record for tallest vertical loop at 144 ft. Whch was also my first inverted coaster, or first coaster period. I love the ride now, but when I was 9, my head did not peak over the OTSR's, so it was a head bashing 2 minutes. Now (since I'm a lot taller) I can ride that thing all day

Thats pretty good for a first inversion coaster. I thought that Kaoen no idea how to spellI thought it was an inamin rocket and not a vekoma

It is an Intamin Accelerator coaster. He was comparing the transition to a Vekoma, he said that if that's all he could take he should never ride a Vekoma.

My first coaster was an inverting coaster! Well my first non-kiddy coaster. Vortex at Calaway Park. Just a double corkscrew though, nothing special.

Great little TR there, and congratulations on conquering your fear of inversions!

Sean

Congrats! Kanonen is a great little ride.

This "turn-over" was quite sharp. I got a bit of a neck ache from the laterals...

If this was a bit too much for me, I don't think I'd like to know Vekoma.

That "turn-over" is actually the sharpest transition I've ever experienced on a coaster. I think you'd do fine on Vekomas.

Well, from what I've heard, Vekomas are all the time OuchOuchOuchOuch. This was one snap in the whole track. Though at one point during the twist my shoulders ached quite a bit. Maybe I'm just on the computer too much, and I had a backpack with stuff in it.

/Edward

PS. Just remembered another looping coaster that is closer to here. The Demon at Tivoli Gardens. ... If only I had the money...