TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Given that van der Velde is a real Dutch last name, and that all of that person's friends are German, I think this may be unrelated to the game.

You would at least think that if this were "in game", that he would list RIT in his public profile (or at least more information than just "male").

Edited by ahecht

It could be a random person trying a joke, it seems unnecessary to me.

Or it could be, you know, a real person.

I still don't see the point in building something nearly identical to one or two coasters already at the park, but whatever, I'm sure it'll be fun I guess.

What other 200ft hypercoaster does Hersheypark have?

It could be a random person trying a joke, it seems unnecessary to me.

Or it could be, you know, a real person.

I still don't see the point in building something nearly identical to one or two coasters already at the park, but whatever, I'm sure it'll be fun I guess.

What other 200ft hypercoaster does Hersheypark have?

I'm basing it off the whole "propulsion" stuff.

Even if it is launched (which permit for a "37.3-foot long by 21.7-foot wide by 12.0-foot high lift motor and MCC enclosure in Spring Creek (WWF) and its floodway;" would seem to disprove), Hersheypark only has one other launched coaster. Compare that to King's Dominion, which had four launched coasters for a while (three remain now), or Knott's and Cedar Point, which have three each.

I think the point of this release was to tell us where the ride is being built (for those of us that haven't seen the survey markers and the plans submitted to the city). The references to Great Bear and The Comet tell us that the ride will interact with those. The references to rivers and river beds, as well as the references to Stormrunner (the 2004 propulsion study), which also crosses the creek, tell us that the ride will have river crossings.

I think the point of this release was to tell us where the ride is being built (for those of us that haven't seen the survey markers and the plans submitted to the city). The references to Great Bear and The Comet tell us that the ride will interact with those. The references to rivers and river beds, as well as the references to Stormrunner (the 2004 propulsion study), which also crosses the creek, tell us that the ride will have river crossings.

I disagree, I think the point of these releases is to build up buzz around their new coaster. It gets the community talking and interacting with the park. It's brilliant Marketing ploy if you ask me. Hershey has done a great job in the past years with interacting with fans. I give them a lot of credit for what they do within the coaster communities.

One of my friends who works on the inside told me that... when asked about what the new attraction Hersheypark is building, the company responded with, "a new slushie stand." haha.

I wish I could have pryed my friend of information about the new "attraction" (my friend couldn't even tell me if it was a roller coaster or not, even though 99.9+% [maybe a little exagerrated] of the people speculating this attraction KNOW it's a roller coaster), but given my friend's position, and my blabbermouth, I decided to not annoy my friend with questions. I asked my friend what they COULD tell me, but my friend couldn't exactly determine what they could/could not tell me, so my friend told me NOTHING AT ALL. Super secrecy at it's finest.

Now for an actual contribution towards this topic:

Based on Hersheypark's history, B&M apparently does not like Hersheypark after The Great Bear. So that might rule out B&M, for those still considering it.

Based on Hersheypark's history, B&M apparently does not like Hersheypark after The Great Bear. So that might rule out B&M, for those still considering it.

That makes little sense... What did Hershey do so bad to B&M? Other then pay them for their multi-million dollar attraction?

If anything, Hershey does not like B&M only because of their price tag, which is generally much higher then Intamin (but also a must more reliable product).

That makes little sense... What did Hershey do so bad to B&M? Other then pay them for their multi-million dollar attraction?

If anything, Hershey does not like B&M only because of their price tag, which is generally much higher then Intamin (but also a must more reliable product).

The Great Bear was actually supposed to be longer, but apparently Hershey was running low on funds at the time, so the track was cut short and built to completion based on Hersheypark's standards. This explains the ending to Bear.

The Great Bear was actually supposed to be longer, but apparently Hershey was running low on funds at the time, so the track was cut short and built to completion based on Hersheypark's standards. This explains the ending to Bear.

That's not the first time I've heard this. While I don't doubt that Hershey pinches the pennies when it comes to designing a ride, there is no way they cut funding mid-construction. No way.

Additionally, where else could the ride have gone, as far as length? Due to the constraints of it's location, there is really no other way for it to end. Sure, the ending could have been more intense, maybe some sharper tuns or some dips. But to think that B&M hit the "auto-complete" button would be incorrect.

Now, was Hersheypark a pain in B&M's side during the design process? "Cut this, cut that." "We want this, we don't want that." "A bunny hop between inversions 3 and 4? Nah, how about just some straight track instead?" I can see that.

That's not the first time I've heard this. While I don't doubt that Hershey pinches the pennies when it comes to designing a ride, there is no way they cut funding mid-construction. No way.

Additionally, where else could the ride have gone, as far as length? Due to the constraints of it's location, there is really no other way for it to end. Sure, the ending could have been more intense, maybe some sharper tuns or some dips. But to think that B&M hit the "auto-complete" button would be incorrect.

I do not know whether the decision was made before or during Bear construction, and I agree that B&M could not have simply "auto-completed" into the brake run... but if you think away from the ending, Bear could have originally been designed to Immelman right instead of left (or vice versa, depending on how you look at it) and spend more time on the other side of the creek instead of over Comet Hollow. Or the track could have originally been designed to run where "Attraction 2012" is currently planned to lay. If you look at an overhead view of the park, Bear had some potential to expand, but you can assume it was cut short for Hershey's financial reasons. I'm just throwing ideas out there.....

This is far fetched but...

a,b,c,d,e....q,r...

S: Screamscape

T: Themeparkreview

U: ????

I'm looking for the other banner, and I have good reason to know there is only one other one.

It could be the one on the RIT site.

R:RIT

S:ScreamScape

T: Themeparkreview.

Or it could be on Hersheys Site.

Gravity Manipulation

Study results available 05/02/11. [PDF format]

Anyone else anticipating this release?

Also, I've also been searching for the other RIT banner, unless like tiger01 stated, it could simply be on RIT's website.

Just to throw some stuff out there, here's what I'm thinking of the pictures on the four pages of the RIT site:

About RIT - magnetic poles of the earth, signifying a launch (or at least a magnetic lift or magnetic brakes).

Research - it's the plan for a house; the pencil is pointing directly at a box of numbers (15.10 11.70 8.30, I believe), so maybe they're significant?

Studies - basically just a whole bunch of numbers, with the only thing that sticks out to me being E, and p/x, which in physics p=momentum and x=distance.

Employment - we're looking at a truss system holding up a roof, and this probably symbolizes the truss that'll be holding up the lift like I305's system.

Looking in to stuff too far is so fun!

I think I might be onto something really big.

Does anyone know where an RIT banner is apart from Screamscape and TPR...

This puzzle has already been solved. There is one banner that is ___ ___ 2037, another that is ___ 3162 ____, and we got the word CLAY from last week's study (the letters C-L-A-Y were in light grey). If you searched for CLAY 3162 2037 on the site, it would bring to you the letter at http://www.rideinstitute.com/clay01.php (although I personally can't get it to work right now).