TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six flags great adventure-help me!!!

coastergirl26

Hey guys, I was thinking about heading to SFGradv sometime this summer. I will proabably be taking the southwest flight. I wanted to fly in on a Sunday and spend a Monday and Tuesday in the park. When is the best time to go? What month? Which rides should I hit first? Will the flash pass be worth getting since I'm going on a Monday and Tuesday? What are the "not to miss rides" ? Does the park run the coasters at a good capacity? Do they have any kind of 2day pass? I know I'm asking alot but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can answer one question... Get a flashpass. The not to miss rides, well.. all of the rides coaster-wise are great, but if you had to pick just a few I would pick Kingda Ka El Toro Medusa and Nitro.

David 'Hope this helps" Gaston

Monday and Tuesday in May would be your best bet since most NJ schools are still in session, followed buy June. July and August will be equally busy. I would Kingda Ka first and get that out of the way, followed by El Toro. Then you can do Medusa before heading over to the other side of the park and do Nitro, Batman, and The Dark Knight. If you are doing 2 days there, I really wouldnt worry about a Flash pass. You may have to wait longer in line, but Im positive you can do everything there in 2 days without a pass. Not miss rides are all the coasters obviously, but Houdini is pretty neat and the log flume in the Frontier section is pretty long. If you are spending 2 days, I would say def do the Safari if you have a car. The flats are really hurting with all the removals. Im not sure about a 2 day pass, but a season pass wouldnt be a bad idea and you can use it at any Six Flags.

What airport are you flying into? How are you getting to Great Adventure

Ok, its pretty easy to get there from Philly. Just to let you know, your return flight out of Philly will most likely be delayed. It is easily the worst airport in the country.

Since you will have a car, the safari is a must.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the Photo TR that BigMike posted on the main board.

He shows pictures and explanations of all the Qbot stuff at SFGAd.

Basically, you pay a lot more for Gold and it makes you wait A LOT less. Well worth it!

No, they stay the same price all day

I would Kingda Ka first and get that out of the way, followed by El Toro. Then you can do Medusa before heading over to the other side of the park and do Nitro, Batman, and The Dark Knight.

...but Houdini is pretty neat and the log flume in the Frontier section is pretty long.

Medusa doesn't open until 12 now, this may or may not change after Memorial Day, Houdini is closed for the season, the Log Flume is closed until Memorial Day (it was 75 and humid last Saturday and would have been nice to ride)

^ Are you sure it was 11:30? I was at the ride at about 11:30 on that day and they wouldn't let anyone in as they said it doesn't open until 12:00. I rode RMT and went back at around 11:50 and they started letting people line up outside the queue. I was the 4th person in line and got out on the first public train of the day a little after 12:00, we saw employees riding while we were waiting

^OK, I can't confirm with certainty the time I rode it on my previous trip, but Medusa was open before noon on Sunday, April 27th.

I really wasn't paying attention to it all Sunday morning, but did see it running with passengers, while I was waiting on the Kingda Ka platform with cfc, WillMontu and ErikJohnson.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know how strict six flags ison their rain policy?

Two years ago they ran every coaster, except Kingda Ka, in pouring rain. Just be careful of Batman, because if you ride that one in the rain the grease from the lift hill will stain your clothes.

All of this has been great stuff for me too, so thanks! However theres one extra hurdle thats worrying me. How to get there without a car on a thursday (this can't change). I've been told there is a bus but does anyone know which and where from. NJtransit.com has an offer but looks to be only on the weekends.

#Edit : By trying different search options finally found something on the site - that takes a ridiculous amount of time to get there (over 5 hours to get there for park opening and 2 1/2 for later on), so other options would be appreciated.