TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you owned your home park (s)...

King's Island:

Actually, in reality they're heading the direction I've been wanting them to for a long time now. They're returning to the classic KI feel to the park. But here are a few things.

Boomerang Bay:

- Basically, bring them more up to date w/ their rides. They still seem, for whatever reason to be lacking rides to me. Too many leftover Waterworks attractions.

- Still too much concrete, and too little sand in this waterpark!

- Another larger locker room would be nice too.

Coasters:

- Change the lame names on those renamed coasters, and get them some badly needed theming. Mainly rides like Flight Deck & Backlot Stunt Coaster.

- Stay w/ the Beast theme for the new steel in '09...I'm still partial to something like Steel Beast!

Other Attractions:

- Bring back the Enchanted Voyage (boat ride), and dump or relocate Scooby-Doo to somewhere else in the park.

- Bulldoze the Action Theatre...there's room enough back there for a whole new area, and believe it or not, I say make another kids area to offset the shoulder-to-shoulder traffic in Nick Universe. Possibly a more 'tween themed area.

- Give the Coney Mall midwaya facelift much like CP's got last year.

- Get some flyers back in the park, move that stupid basketball game, and put 'em back where they never should've left!!

- Get a CP-style buffet in place in place of that WINGS buffet...that place just gets worse each season.

- And four more ride/attraction (re)additions:

1) Saltwater Circus, (Dolphins, Sea Lions, Seals)

2) A real log flume, (aka - Kenton's Keelboat Canal)

3) Bring back the Safari Ride

4) Wonder Wheel-styled ferris wheel

Halloween Haunt:

- Need more scarachters! Even if it means less haunts.

- Find some way to harness some scarachters in a ride like Adventure Express so they could lunge at riders in the slower tunnel sections.

- Bring back the psycho ward atop the Eifel Tower

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I owned Thorpe Park

Repaint Colossus for a start.

Build new purpose built queue lines just for single riders on all major rides other then Stealth.

Dismantle X:\ and get rid of Neptunes Kingdom and build a B&M flyer or a hyper to reach over both locations. Maybe a flat or a kiddle coaster if it would fit.

Build a indoor waterpark across the lake from Stealth.

Build a GCI woodie where Treasure Island was.

Try and make all rides open with no breakdowns whatsoever, employ more maintainice staff if need be

Run two trains on major coasters if queue reaches 15min or over like Alton does.

Get rid of Burger King and bring in McDonald's!

hmm, I never thought of putting a half pipe in that area, good call. I think if they played it right they could fit a family spinner or something else in that area.

How dare you touch Monster Plantation.

Isn't Monster Plantation part of their Q-bot/Flash Pass system down there? If it still is, why would they need to update the theming on it. If it's still on FP that would make it a pretty popular attraction still.

I totally agree with your Frightfest suggestions though, It always seems like SFOG would have the best haunted event if they'd jump on their history. I remember listening to an episode of Coasterradio.com where the PR girl talked about the "real" ghost sitings over the years at the park. They also talked about how they brought in ghost hunters, and how they got readings from searches they did. They should really build off their real life history down at SFOG.

Maybe let park goers go for some late-night ghost hunting tours during the Frightfest season.

If I owned King's Island I would liquidate the park and buy a house and a car and live the rest of my life with no mortgage payments or credit card bills.... ah....

But seriously,

I'd enclose the Racer and pump in house music and disco lights.

That'd be something...

-James Dillaman

If I owned Holiday Park -- Germany, I would...

- Add an Intamin wooden hyper coaster, similar to that of El Toro that takes good use of the surrounding foliage near Holiday Park.

- Add a B&M invert as intense as Nemesis at Alton Towers.

- Add a decent water ride.

- Remove Superwirbel (the roller coaster) because it is outdated and boring.

- Add more flat rides that cater to the older crowd and not just kiddie rides.

- Extend operating hours during the season.

That's about all I can think of for now. I LOVE Holiday Park as it is, and the only thing I would do would be to just add more rides!

• 3 weeks later...

Knotts Berry Farm.

-Give GhostRider a complete refurbishment for its 10 year anniversary.

-Replace the windows in Sky Cabin

- Add retractable seat belts to GhostRider, Montezoomas Revenge, and Jaguar.

-Lower the hight requirement on Jaguar

- Add shade to the following queues: Xcelerator, Sierra Sidewinder, Riptide, and Perilous Plunge

-Repaint Xcelerator.

- Add an on ride video to Jaguar.

-Remove Screaming Swing and replace it with a Ferris Wheel.

-Remove the ferris wheel in Camp Snoopy and Replace it with a kids flat ride.

-Add a dark ride in the former Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building.

-Remove coasters cafe for a flat ride.

-Hyper Coaster.

Darien Lake needs:

-A quality B&M, probably a floorless.

-Predator re-tracked and single bench trains added.

-A newer wooden, GCI will do.

-An intamin drop tower.

-An S&S frisbee.

-An arrow or Vekoma mine coaster.

Darien Lake needs:

-A quality B&M, probably a floorless.

-Predator re-tracked and single bench trains added.

-A newer wooden, GCI will do.

-An intamin drop tower.

-An S&S frisbee.

-An arrow or Vekoma mine coaster.

an used arrow?

Cedar Point:

Get a B&M flying or Vekoma flying coaster in place of Iron Dragon. Make it a terrain coaster that goes through woods. Name the flying coaster ''Iron Dragon".

Get a Intamin wooden or GCI wooden twister in place of CCMR.

Have less trashcans. I feel sad for the trash men.

Get a B&M dive coaster over 300 ft. tall. That would be awesome.

Get a Top Spin in place of Witch's Wheel. Move Whitch's Wheel to the Wicked Twister midway.

Add more theming to Disaster Transport or tear it down and but a place to eat, (nice, waited on, sit-down), and get a moto-coaster.

Include Soak City with Cedar Point admission.

Make the Go-Carts at Challnge park faster.

Re-paint Blue Streak, Magnum, Mantis and Disaster Tranport.

Add a Break-Dance beside Calypso.

I would change this in a period of 10 years.

Six Flags America

-I would re-add Iron Eagle, Sky Escaper, and Kryton Comet (basically all of the flats that have inversions)

-re-paint all of the coasters

-add more flats

-slipt Gotham into two sections (Batwing and Superman in their own section with new rides and buildings

-add a Dark Knight Coaster or anything indoors

-add shops and bathrooms near Batwing

-fix Batwings sign (it says B_TWING now

-re-open Hurricane Mountain

-theme the rides and sections

-fix Tower of Dooms 3rd side

-bring back The Tilt

-add a Johnny Rockets and a Coldstone

-add new rides/coasters/ and lands to that huge empty space next to Gotham City

I like Seabreeze a lot... but there are definitely a few things that I would do:

- Add a Matterhorn style ride (preferably a Mack) in the green space across from the Whirlwind entrance.

- Help the train! Every time a new attraction is added, it gets shorter and shorter. Before long, the train itself will fill the entire length of the track!

- Add a wood coaster worth riding. Jack Rabbit is fun... but it's nothing special. I know that space is a constraint, but I don't think that it'd be impossible to squeeze in a good out and back of some sort along the perimeter, intertwined with the Jack Rabbit, or over some of the back portion of Log Flume (isn't this where the old Widcat once was?)

- Jack Rabbit -- find a train that might give the ride just a little bit of glory. I can't imagine it was always as unexciting as it is now with the Morgan.

Sylvan Beach: (TIME OBJECTIVE NOT SPECIFIED):

Seabreeze: (NO TIME FRAME SPECIFIED):

I would rip up the parking lot next to the waterpark for a nice amount of room, and make a long and skinny parking lot in the back road that is behind the waterpark. Right next to Whirlwind (where the edge of Quantum Loop's queue was) is a small plot of land that can snugly fit an A.R.M. Drop Tower right there. (Or a clone of Old Town' drop tower, which I heard from someone that was even better than Cypress Gardens' drop tower, and IMO that was FREAKING INSANE!) That ripped up parking lot would have room for a Maurer Söhne booster like Formule X, but about 80 feet tall. I would also add some rides over there, too.

IOA

Remove the lap bars on Dudley Do-Right!!!

Leave Dueling Dragons alone.

USF

A little TLC for Terminator!!!

BGT

Spruce up Egypt and Timbuktu a little more.

Millennium Flyers for Gwazi.

Remove Rhino Rally or modify it. I still believe it's a waste of space.

Refurb Stanley Falls into a Dudley Do-Right type flume. If more room is needed, relocate Scorpion, but do not remove it.

Heck with a B&M hyper, give me a Intamin mega coaster instead.

Funtown-Splashtown USA, Falmouth, ME:

Basically just clean, polish, theme and landscape.

The park's two major rides, Excalibur (Wooden RC) and Dragon's Descent (Drop Tower) are both located in nice, well-themed lands (medieval England and Mandarin China, respectively) of which they are the only occupants. I would extend these lands into the surrounding area.

The rest of the park has the potential to be a quaint, local amusement park, and though it opened in 1959 as a drive in (now long gone), if the main theming and architecture were consistent to any era from the 1930's Art Deco thru 1950's retro. it would be very nostalgic and very cool.

...Just don't touch the creaky old S.B.C. Galaxi. Any New England park not owned by Six Flags has gotta have one, if not two. How can you not love a ride where the unloaders still push the cars back up to the loaders?

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

*Demolish the old stadium on Lake Chabot which is no longer used and replace it with a Maverick/Storm Runner style coaster themed to Gotham City. The picture below shows just how much room they would have. Although they probably wouldn't be able to build much of the coaster on the actual lake (if any) this still provides a lot of room for a coaster. It's much bigger when you see it in person.

This was obviously taken before this area turned into its current state. It's a shame to see the are abandoned like it is today.

The next, are the choices for Kong.

Option A: Repaint it! It desperately needs it now that everything else in the park is all fresh and shiny looking. Dark red track with yellow supports (like Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure) would look great. Also, get the new SLC trains like on Great Nor Easter

Option B: (My preference) Tear down the thing! It is brutally painful, low capacity now that it only runs one train, and it looks terrible. There are paint chips all over the queue and station area which have fallen off the track. A replacement? Anything will do as long as it's not a Wiggle's World. A B&M invert themed to the sea would fit in well with the rest of the park. In fact, almost anything could go there and make for a better replacement.

Remove the old 4D theater. It has held everything from Dinosphere, Stargate, 7th Portal, and that Holiday in the Park special. None of those were that good. The inside is pretty much a run down backlot with seats that hardly move to the show. This attraction is closed for the 2008 season, so it would be a good idea to remove it. Afterall, no ride is better than a closed ride to the GP because no ride (and work going on in the area) gives them something to look forward to and a reason to come back to the park in the future.

Option A: The land it sits on would make good use for the Dark Knight coaster from SFNE. They could theme it to a roller coaster version of Knott's late Kingdom of the Dinosaurs. With theming, and in a building like the current attraction, the GP would never realize how similar it is to Tony Hawk's Big Spin. Afterall, remember that rumor that SFDK came really close to getting TDK instead of Tony Hawk, so this would make a good replacement.

Option B: My friend and I both agree that a Vekoma mine train would go nicely up on the hill. They could use the queue area for the 4d theater for it. The lift would cross over the pathway that leads up to Shouka Stadium. They could spare the trees in that nicely shaded and landscaped area by having the lift go over the path, a turn around helix on the hill that is next to the dolphin stadium, then go back over the path right next to the lift and continue the rest of the ride in the old 4D theater location. This would turn the area into something like the Rapids Camp Crossing area at SFMM where Jet Stream and Ninja occupy a heavily wooded section of the park and fit right in.

The red is the Kong area, and the yellow is the 4D stadium and queue.

The last of the wild ideas is to remove Monsoon Falls and replace that with something more modern. With SFGAm and SFGAdv having removed theirs, it seems only reasonable that more of these rides would be on the chopping list for Six Flags parks. An aqua trax would be a great replacement since the only other water ride in the park is White Water Safari (rapids). This idea is in the "maybe" category.

Quite a good size piece of land here.

Other things I would do.

* Turn on a more intense cycle for Voodoo (top spin). One flip is not enough. If it were any tamer, it could go in Looney Tunes Seaport as a children's ride.

* Add more high thrill flats. The park has more than enough family flats. Voodoo and Tasmanian Devil aren't enough. An S&S Sky Swatter and S&S Space Shot (tower) would both go great near the front of the park over by Roar. There are plenty of other places where they would fit in nicely too.

* No more kids areas! Three is enough.