TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you owned your home park (s)...

Sylvan Beach: (TIME OBJECTIVE NOT SPECIFIED):

General fix ups:

-Bomber's and Scrambler's fences are kinda warped and it looks like something recently ran into the fence next to the Super Slide (when I went to the park on December 31, 2007 to take some pictures.) I'd repair those fences.

-Give Galaxi, Tip Top, and the management offices some new paint.

-There are a few (small) patches of cracked pavement near where the bulk of the large flat rides are. I'd repair those.

Ride additions: (Done purely to "complete" the old park feel - essentially turning the place into the ultimate working old ride museum on the planet:

-W.F. Mangels Fire Trucks (from the SBNO Indian Park)

-Possibly a Dartron Hurricane

-Eyerly Loop - O - Plane (Miracle Strip's model if that still exists - if not, I'll try to buy the one off of Keansburg.)

-Hrubetz Round Up Person Model

-Possibly a Grover Watkins Tempest

-W.F. Mangels Whip - if none available, I'll make an in house version.

-Chance Zipper

-90 foot tall GCII twister in the (ripped up and nice looking plot of grass put in place) parking lot behind Galaxi.

-Molina and Sons Kiddie Coaster.

-Sky Ride.

Seabreeze: (NO TIME FRAME SPECIFIED):

I would rip up the parking lot next to the waterpark for a nice amount of room, and make a long and skinny parking lot in the back road that is behind the waterpark. Right next to Whirlwind (where the edge of Quantum Loop's queue was) is a small plot of land that can snugly fit an A.R.M. Drop Tower right there. (Or a clone of Old Town' drop tower, which I heard from someone that was even better than Cypress Gardens' drop tower, and IMO that was FREAKING INSANE!) That ripped up parking lot would have room for a Maurer Söhne booster like Formule X, but about 80 feet tall. I would also add some rides over there, too.

Darien Lake:

Darien Lake Plans.doc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorney Park:

Add a new wooden coaster, a GCI probably

Give Laser a permanent station with magneticgates so you can choose your row

Get rid of the seatbelts on the Wild Mouse and the maximum of 2 adults per car rule

Add a dark ride, probably an interactive one

Bring back the water skooters

Add proper bumper cars (the ones now are like bumper boats on land and hurt your hands and don't have much of an impact)

Get rid of the no re-ride policy.

SFOT

- Buy Unused land behind BTR (Shopping Center) Add Flats or small coaster

-Take Texas Giant out replace with Intamin Woodie

- Take Flashback out replace with Intamin Halfpipe

- Re add La Salles Boat Ride

- Re Add Skull Island

- Re add Tower slide

Safari Land:

Add a small Intamin out and back in the field/forest out back of the building.

Demolish the Go Karts and add a Disko.

SFGAM:

Build the dive machine that everyones talking about.

Remove Iron Wolf and add a compact floorless coaster.

Add plants under Raging Bull.

Add an Intamin Hyper/Giga all the way up to the parks height limit.

Safariland my vision.SV6

quick rct2 Safariland vision (WW+TT)

It doesn't matter what park, I'd just add an Aquatrax.

haha, that was amazing

Umm, SFOG (with a large sum of money of course):

-Take out GASM and add an Intamin Woodie. GASM takes up way too much space for such a "bleh" ride.

-Take out Ninja and replace with a launched coaster, probably and Intamin.

It's too bad SFOG apparently hates Intamins after some sort of dispute over Acro's warranty when it got struck by lightning.

Carowinds, for now I just think it needs an mini-B&M hyper. Then I'd gradually start taking out old rides and replacing them with updated rides and coasters.

Holiday World;

Not much

Charge for parking and drinks.........not.

Water Park:

Add the half pipe water slide

Add a torrent river like they have a schlitterbahn

Add a massive wave pool like in he Dells

Dry park:

Add a mini or full size dive coaster.

Honestly that is it. I like the park as it is now, but those four things would be enough for me and they could be done in one season, but don't know where and how the Dive machine would be located and themed.

Lightwater Valley!

Where can I start. First I would tear out that horrific Pinfari and add a nice family flat ride, possibly a Breakdance with some landscaping. I would give the Ultimate a makeover (new trains, track alterations without loosing its madness). I would also add some little effects to the Rat ride such as UV lighting with red rat eyes on the walls. I would stop buying tons garbage from dead parks and invest in something bigger such as a flat ride every three or two years. I would also try and save up for a big schwarzkopf, its done wonders for Flamingolands and Camalots reputation and I think Lightwater Valley deserves something like this.

I always thought this place has potential, it holds a charm that its rival FlamingoLand does'nt. With a little more investments the park can become a major theme park rather than a small park which happens to have the Ultimate.

Canadas Wonderland

- Take out the SLC, and replace it with an Intamin invert

- Replace Drop Zone with a taller Intamin drop tower

- Upgrade the water park with some proslide water coasters

- Replace Timber Wolf Falls with an 100ft+ almost verticale drop hydro boat

- Replace Dragon Fire with a mini B&M floorless

- New huss flats

- New bathrooms

- New paths, trees, flowers, and landscaping

- A parking lot tram

SFGAm (but the first one goes for any park, anywhere):

-Inflated basketballs are banned from the park. Basketballs given out as prizes are deflated

-Paint American Eagle (when they painted it in 06, they never did the supports), Whizzer, and Iron Wolf

-Move Sky Trek Tower's entrance back into its original location and expand Hurricane Harbor in place of Space Shuttle America

-Add a Giant Wheel, no park is complete without a Ferris Wheel (Bedrock Boulder Roller doesn't count )

-Add new coaster in place of Deja Vu and/or Splashwater Falls. Don't really care if it ends up being a Dive Machine, but we havent gotten anything bigger than a mouse since 2003

-Expand the locker policy to all coasters, but work on the price-either free for an amount of time or have a much lower price ($1.00 everytime adds up quick)

-Redo the old part of American Eagle's line. The part between the bridge and the station is a chaotic mess. People aren't smart enough to figure out which lane is the actual line, and it creates line jumper paradise

-With the loss of Theatre Royale, either rehabilate Wilderness Theater or build a new theater

CGA:

-Tear out Grizzly, replace it with an Intaride roller coaster (like Maverick/Farenheight). I think the park can afford to lose a woodie in exchange for a steel because of the new 09 GCI woodie.

-Change the 3D motion theatre's film (It's been Spongebob for too long)

-Add a Proslide Tornado and a Deluge like ride to Boomerang Bay. There's plenty of space.

-Tear down the unused IMAX theater and replace it with a themed Eurofighter (like Mystery Mine or like the Addam's Family roller coaster that we were supposed to get 5 years ago)

Go green! They make solar panel roof tiles now, and you get tax breaks from the state to install them. That way, with solar power, the park saves money on elect costs, and could bring more a/c to the "q" lines. Excess power can even be sold back to the utility. Paper recycling of course. Zeroscaping for arid climates.

In general, theme restaraunts. The Landry's T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe restaraunts are perfect for theme parks.

My home park is SFMM - although Universal is closer (it's hard to get excited about seeing the same movie mutliple times!). I think SFMM is on the path btw. General suggestion is to pick up a Lowes credit card and buy some outdoor seating. There are eating areas where there is very limited places to sit and enjoy your food, namely outside of the bakery and ice cream place at main entrance, and Gotham city.

To theme out the park, I would start small and hit up local businesses. Maybe even get free or discount prices for art, sculpture, & fountains to display in the park. If anyone is near Burbank, check out the Elegante store in the Media Center mall. The decor is insane for a house, but perfect for a theme park.

SFGAM

Rides

-add one of those giant Vekoma ferris wheels

-replace SSA and WC with a Deluge type ride

-add one of the large Screamin Swings

-add a Scooby Doo dark ride

-Iron Wolf rehab

-American Eagle rehab

-bring back an Intamin looping starship

-buy Demon Drop from CP and rename it The Edge

-Add a chairlift

-add a Sky Swat

-add a launched coaster like Kanoen or Wicked

-add a Batman stunt show

Other

-ban heelys

-lower locker prices

-offer water park only pass

-offer ride side only pass

-lower parking prices

-lower admission price

-bring all park theming up to Southwest Territory standards

Lets see..

SFMM:

- Raise season pass prices.

- Remove a few of the less popular coasters and replace them with large flats.

- Add theming all over the parks, possibly changing themed areas.

- Build a Tony Hawk Spinner, possibly themed to something else. Maybe call it "Cyclone" .

- Lower food and drink prices.

- Build less "chain" restaurants.

- Landscape several coasters, such as Scream!, X, etc..

- Build a "Shoot-Em-Up" type ride in Gotham City.

- Hire more staff, in order to run rides to full capacity.

- Reorganize the way on ride photos are made. (Take away the photo card they give you).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

"Go green! They make solar panel roof tiles now, and you get tax breaks from the state to install them. That way, with solar power, the park saves money on elect costs, and could bring more a/c to the "q" lines. Excess power can even be sold back to the utility. Paper recycling of course. Zeroscaping for arid climates." (DBJ)

Amen! Solar is the way to go, especially out here in "the desert" of Southern California. I've given thought to solar panels here at home. It is a tremendous expense at first, but it pays for itself over time. I've always thought that cities should go solar on traffic lights so they won't go out during a power failure. Solar = nearly free energy!

For recycling, not only paper, but bottles and cans as well. However, as much of a recycling nut as I am (just last week I turned in a barrel of cans and got $27!), the problem with that at parks is that people will throw trash in them even if they're right next to a regular trash can. Just to be difficult, I guess. But some people are like that. We've seen 'em...

Jay and Co. are already implementing some of what I'd do. But in addition, I'd like to see:

• StarFlyer up on the mountain.
  • Japanese teppan style (think Benihana) restaurant to replace Laughing Dragon and become the premier dining spot in the park like it once was.
  • A good wood coaster, but I think that's already coming at some point.

Eric

CP-

-Replace Mean Streak with Intamin pre-fab.

-Replace Disaster Transport with Sally dark ride.

-Add option for one day unlimited drink passes.

-Add misters to all queues.

-All new rides have theming (trash cans don't count).

-Soak City included with admission to Cedar Point.

-Add ProSlide Tornado to Soak City.

-Add ProSlide Rocket to Soak City.

-Add original themed restaurant.

-Lower prices for midway games.

Oh and remove Iron Dragon and replace with aquatrax!

Busch Gardens Africa

• * 2009- Add a B&M hyper similar to Apollo's Chariot and celebrate the 50th anniversary with a bang. Maybe have a "Disney-esque" celebration of 50 years with in park prizes, etc. Also some awesome deals for Florida residents as a "thank you" of sorts (I remember a few years ago, Busch gave away free Fun Cards for FL residents as a promotion).

* Add a family flat ride package or a Huss Giant Frisbee.

* Turn Tut's Tomb into a dark ride.

* Refurb Land of the Dragons into a Sesame Place section.

* Have more "interactive" animal experiences or more animal exhibits

Just a few pipe dreams.

SFGAm

*Dump The Orbit

*Dump Sky Trek Tower- The line isn't what it used to be. You are usually on within 5 minutes. It's just an aging ride. Rides can't live forever even if they are tall. Put that ferris wheel I talk about instead below.

*I would say to dump Yankee's Clipper, but they can't do that now because they already dumped Splash Water Falls.

*Move King Chaos to another park.

*Dump the Whirligig (The park has the balloons.)

*Dump Jester's Wild Ride

*If you aren't going to move the Hometown Fun Machine, dump it. If you are going to move it, than paint it a better color scheme (bright green, and electric blue).

*Dump Iron Wolf

*I thinking that they are already dumping the antique car ride anyway even though I think that is totally different than the Wiggle's World car ride. Younger kids are going to ride Wiggle's with adults, while medium kids would ride the antique car ride.

*Add 2 Zippers, a Moser Spring Ride instead of the Zamperla boring ride that goes up and down now, 2 Hi-Lite Scats

Also, add a KMG Fireball, a Chance Century Wheel (Medium Ferris Wheel)- Why get a large ferris wheel when they give really short rides, and don't fill up all the cars anyway???

*Add a Tilt-A-Whirl, a Power Surge, a Flying Bobs (again), and a Tivoli Orbiter.

*Add a dark slow moving ride to the line-up. Base it on some movie like Disney does. I hope that Six Flags doesn't do it on the Looney Tunes like they did at SFOT because I think that was pretty bad. How about Wizard of Oz, or something like that? I believe that's a free-license movie to do.

*Later on in the future, add another dark ride that's a laser shooting one like Scooby-Doo.

*Add a water coaster to the water park, and make the waterpark bigger some how. It's too small to me.

*Season Pass Prices should skyrocket.

*Admission prices should stay the same, but they should offer less discounts on coupons. Instead of saying people get in $20.00 off admission, you tell people that they can get $7.00 off admission on cans or soda, or on the internet.

*Parking should go to $10.00.

*The new coaster shouldn't be for awhile. We are getting a roller coaster this year. We got one in 2004, and 2003. We even got 2 in 2001, even though they are removing one of those.

Most of these (except the dark rides) are cheap additions, and definitely would cost less than the 7.5 million roller coaster that you are getting in one year. This is if you aren't buying full price for all these rides. You can be dumb, and buy these rides all new, but what does it matter if they are used or not. Yes, they might need some fixing used, but you can always do that. It's not that hard to do.

If I owned SFKK, I would:

-Build 2nd bridge to other side of park

-Melt down T2 and replace it with a B:TR clone

-Paint the Giant Wheel!!!

-Retrack Thunder Run & add second train

If I owned Holiday World, I would:

-Build steel looped

-Add ferris wheel

-Put sprinklers by Splashin' Safari's paths to keep them wet & cool at all times!

-Retrack Legend

-Run multiple trains on coasters AT ALL TIMES

-Go back to the old park maps (had detail...)

If I owned Beech Bend, I would:

-Expand waterpark

-replace fair rides with park models...

-Add 2nd train to KR

-Build larger steel coaster (that doesn't suck *cough*loopingstar*cough*)

I think that's it...

^^ Two Chance Zippers, A Century Wheel, a second Bobsleds thing and a KMG Fireball? I know that's your opinion on the park, and I respect that, however, that is waaaaaaaay too carny for my tatstes. To each his own.