TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^The blueprints are in the same style of GateKeeper, food for thought. Plus CF has a strong partnership with B&M. Behemoth, Diamondback, Intimidator, Leviathan, GateKeeper, Banshee, and now Carowinds 2015. All but one of the last major coasters CF has been a B&M.

^Well, B&M has provided the best results for them, hence why they're still going strong with all these installations. Otherwise they would of went with Intamin or some other manufacturer. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Are we even sure those Blue Prints are real? Before the recent B&M's CF built manly Intamins, and Before that, mostly arrows. I wouldn't be betting on that many more B&M's before some other company comes in.(Intamin, Gerstlauer, or RMC)

Yes, we are 100% sure the blueprints are real because it has the same footer placement as the toll booth blueprints. We are also 100% B&M. And yes you can tell by the footers as seen here:

0000footer.jpg.060bc621cf5ce9fb2b350ec0e6304ded.jpg

Fury 325/Centurion lift start footer.

1301990363_000leviathanfooter.thumb.jpg.f2c1a901418edf535694b4468ae09035.jpg

Leviathan lift start footer. Same as the Carowinds footer^^^^

Ok so it will probably be a B&M but its just the general outline of lift start footer. It could potentially be a I305 style coaster and the blue prints still could be faked by someone working at Carowinds.(I really want it to be an Intamin if you cant tell) Even if its a B&M I hope its not just a leviathan clone or something stupid like that.

Here's the lift start footer of i305 for comparison.

Also the blueprints have confirmed to be the real deal. It's not a Leviathan clone either. I've been told by reliable sources that the two highest points of the ride besides the first drop is the first over banked turn and the turnaround. It also does go through an underground tunnel.

Its definitely a speed coaster, so I guess I can say it is closer to the likeness of I305 than Leviathan was.

0i305.jpg.2c1b01aeaa286eca9a20b7a1a9dfb704.jpg

The thing with being a B&M is this: they won't just make it an airtime hill filled ride as that would be too close to intmindator, so they probably will try to incorporate other things as fast sections (to give the sensation of speed) which, despite being interesting as it's different from B&M's usual formula, isn't as good (in my opinion) as loads of airtime hills which is what B&M does best (when it comes to hypers). I'm afraid it will end up having only two hills like leviathan. I'll wait for the announcement, and I'm still exited, but slightly afraid of this as well as the new trend of making too short rides.

100% not going to be Intamin. Don't get your hopes up! Also, Intimidator 305's lift footer goes into the ground.

That doesn't mean Centurion's has to it could start higher up but again It will probably be a B&M unfortunately.

Also if they keep it low to the ground hopefully it will have some I305 twisty bits.

These are all of the elements of the new Carowinds coaster, once again from reliable sources on Carowinds Connection:

Leave station, pass transfer/storage area

Lift

First drop and overbank occur in the bus parking

Low speed curve to the left over to the main entrance axis

Overbank hill / speed turn to the right at the current drop off area (going over the new main entrance axis)

Overbank hill / speed hill turn to the left (going over the new secondary axis)

Climb up into overbanked turnaround at the corner of the current handicapped parking area

Drop out of turnaround and into a tunnel under the new secondary axis

Overbanked hill / speed turn to the left (exiting this element over the new main entrance area)

Big airtime hill (exiting in the current bus parking area / bottom of the first overbank)

360 degree helix (180 degrees up and 180 degrees down)

Airtime hill over first drop

Banked turn to the left

Airtime hill under lift

Banked turn to the right

Hop up into brake run

Turn into station

Edited by TheDark8

Two things: One, how do you know that? And two, If that layout is correct it sounds like a lot of opportunities for Intamin-esq maneuvers and quick transitions

Reliable sources I know a good amount about the ride, but I don't want to spill much more.

Come August 21 we will all know.

I honestly don't know how anyone can specualte the manufacturer off of the footers?! Intamin makes both round and square as does B&M along with about 3 other companies.

Correct, the overall shape of the footer is useless, but everything else about the footer speaks to the manufacturer. These footers are without a doubt B&M

These are all of the elements of the new Carowinds coaster, once again from reliable sources :

Lift

Overbank hill / speed turn to the right at the current drop off area (going over the new main entrance axis)

Climb up into overbanked turnaround at the corner of the current handicapped parking area

Overbanked hill / speed turn to the left (exiting this element over the new main entrance area)

Big airtime hill (exiting in the current bus parking area / bottom of the first overbank)

Banked turn to the left

Airtime hill under lift

Banked turn to the right

Hop up into brake run

Turn into station

I've been thinking, If B&M adds more off a snap to these elements and ejector to the Airhills this could definetly be a top 10 coaster. If not than it will probably be top 50.

Two things: One, how do you know that? And two, If that layout is correct it sounds like a lot of opportunities for Intamin-esq maneuvers and quick transitions

He dosen't know anything more about the ride than the rest of us, he have just watched the leaked blueprints.

He dosen't know anything more about the ride than the rest of us, he have just watched the leaked blueprints.

Hey, don't take my word for it, but I do know my stuff. I also know the ride will not be named Centurion. You shall see on the 21st.

In other news the new toll booth is really coming along!

00000tollbooth.jpg.44221005a05b2fc01132b11d9507fe37.jpg

Credit to RideWarrior

I've been told by reliable sources that the two highest points of the ride besides the first drop is the first over banked turn and the turnaround. It also does go through an underground tunnel.

You mean ***** from CC? Here's the deal everyone... IT'S NOT AN INTAMIN! IT IS B&M! The track that is ours is the teal track with yellow spine. Good night.

Edited by FSUFanChris

I've been told by reliable sources that the two highest points of the ride besides the first drop is the first over banked turn and the turnaround. It also does go through an underground tunnel.

You mean Jarsh from CC? Here's the deal everyone... IT'S NOT AN INTAMIN! IT IS B&M! The track that is ours is the teal track with yellow spine. Good night.

Yep. Jarsh knows all.

These are all of the elements of the new Carowinds coaster, once again from reliable sources :

Lift

Banked turn to the left

Airtime hill under lift

Banked turn to the right

Hop up into brake run

Turn into station

WTF, dude?! You straight up copied and pasted this from CC. Instead of making it sound like you have an inside source who is calling you up with hookups, just tell the truth! This was posted on Carowinds Connection last week, everyone.

Lift

Banked turn to the left

Airtime hill under lift

Banked turn to the right

Hop up into brake run

Turn into station

WTF, dude?! You straight up copied and pasted this from CC. Instead of making it sound like you have an inside source who is calling you up with hookups, just tell the truth! This was posted on Carowinds Connection last week, everyone.

Isn't that what I just said? I heard this from Jarsh on CC. Is Jarsh not the same thing as a reliable source?

Isn't that what I just said? I heard this from ****** on CC. Is **** not the same thing as a reliable source?

You genuinely don't see a difference in posting... "Hey guys, **** from Carowinds Connection posted the entire ride layout. Here it is..."

and what you typed...?

Lift

Banked turn to the left

Airtime hill under lift

Banked turn to the right

Hop up into brake run

Turn into station

Reliable sources I know a good amount about the ride, but I don't want to spill much more.

Hey, don't take my word for it, but I do know my stuff.

I'll give you a quick hint. You gave ZERO credit to **** (another poster who posted his knowledge publicly, unknowing to him that someone would plagiarize it as their own). You made it sound like you have the President of Cedar Fair calling you up when in actuality, you are just a member of Carowinds Connection and nothing more.

Edited by FSUFanChris

Isn't that what I just said? I heard this from Jarsh on CC. Is Jarsh not the same thing as a reliable source?

You genuinely don't see a difference in posting... "Hey guys, Jarsh from Carowinds Connection posted the entire ride layout. Here it is..."

and what you typed...?

Lift

Banked turn to the left

Airtime hill under lift

Banked turn to the right

Hop up into brake run

Turn into station

Hey, don't take my word for it, but I do know my stuff.

I'll give you a quick hint. You gave ZERO credit to Jarsh (another poster who posted his knowledge publicly, unknowing to him that someone would plagiarize it as their own). You made it sound like you have the President of Cedar Fair calling you up when in actuality, you are just a member of Carowinds Connection and nothing more.

I didn't know I was making myself sound like the "President of Cedar Fair", but I was just confirming things that many people were denying. It is in fact a B&M and I used what Jarsh said to prove that. I'm sorry if I gave him "no credit". I never said it was my own knowledge, but that I had heard it from a reliable source. (Jarsh)

Anyway, the B&M/Intamin debate is over.

And I will give Jarsh all the credit in the world from now on, if that's what floats your boat.