TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo AND Video TR: Opening Day at SFOG!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, every weekend in March, eh? How about week days? I was thinking of giving myself a flight down to SFOG for a birthday present when I'm in college or later. I always wanted to go to a park on my birthday, but the snow drifts reach half way up Predator's lift. (March 23 - this year it's on easter, but I'm Jewish, so it doesn't matter. )

-Tanks "Joey's not the only jew on here" 4me05.

It's not open on March weekdays. Except that one Friday before Easter, which will be completely deserted.

^

Now its smooth!? That will make for one good woodie. I can't wait to come back!

Well, it's smooth for the Cyclone! It's still bumpy and has one or two bone jarring moments, but overall, it's MUCH better than it used to be. It's the first time I ever walked off the ride without any pain in my body. Now if they'd just take off that trim!

Wait...I thought you were in college @ Indiana?

Ha, yeah, about that... I transferred... again. But yeah, I'm at the University of Alabama now. It's pretty sweet. Definitely the favorite out of my collection.

...and Acrophobia is freakin crazy! most insane ride I've been on for sure

Ross, I'm glad we're seeing eye to eye on this! The other guys give me crap 'cause they are immune, while I scream my head off as if I'm getting stretched in a rack. That thing is awesome. It's a shame they haven't caught on more.

Thanks for all the compliments, everybody! Glad you guys liked it. However, the majority of the photo credits and pretty much all of the video credit should go to Tyler and Robby!

It's not open on March weekdays. Except that one Friday before Easter, which will be completely deserted.

That's AMAZING to know since that is the day I'm going (again)

Except that's the start of Christian Music Weekend= not deserted.

cyclone got retracked in some places but not as much as it was retracked last year. this ride ALWAYS runs best on opening day and 2 years ago, they didnt have the trims working .

Yeah, I think there was a pretty noticeable difference between opening day last year and the end of the season. I really go back and forth on which SFOG I like less because they always keep you guessing.

^ SFOT Cristian Youth weekend is like free food at an Acer convetion. Im definetly going this summer. Is there any other parks to hit in between Dallas and Georiga?

Go to Dixie Land! It has only 1 credit, but alot of rides. It is in Fayetteville, just about 30 minutes south of SFOG.

^Says the guy who is scared of pretzel loops.

That's actually one of the things I love about that ride. They seem to do something different every time. I've never heard the same taunt twice. My favorite is still, "You ARE the weakest link... goodbye!"

SO in checking the weather for my upcoming trip to Atlanta I see that Saturday has a forcast of *gasp* 38 degrees, wind and snow flurries! My question...how good is SFOG and weather, especially the cold and wind?

Would it be better to go Sunday instead? The forcast for Sunday is 56 and sunny.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think we'll just have to play it by ear. I do know for a fact I am not missing SFOG...im flying across the country for it dammit!

We went to SFMM with a friend back in January with a morning temperature of about 45 degrees. Those first rides on Goliath were COLD, but that was with no wind chill. If its windy at the same time, that's rough. Plus I'm gonna be with my sister who likes rides, but isnt a diehard fan so I can wait the extra day if necessary.

So I finally got to go to SFOG yesterday (Sunday). As I mentioned before the plan was to go Saturday, but we woke up to snow! It didnt stick of course and stopped by 11a. I tried calling the park, but no one answered so my sister and I decided to go for it and give it a shot.

We get there and they have a couple of workers turning people around and telling them that the park is closed. Now my sister lives in Decatur and while it was snowing and windy over there it was only partly cloudy and sunny out at Six Flags, but still no go...everything was locked up!

We ended up getting there Sunday around 2p and had plenty of time to ride due to a lack of lines. They must have only filled four or five rows of parking!

So I finally got to go to SFOG yesterday (Sunday). As I mentioned before the plan was to go Saturday, but we woke up to snow! It didnt stick of course and stopped by 11a. I tried calling the park, but no one answered so my sister and I decided to go for it and give it a shot.

We get there and they have a couple of workers turning people around and telling them that the park is closed. Now my sister lives in Decatur and while it was snowing and windy over there it was only partly cloudy and sunny out at Six Flags, but still no go...everything was locked up!

We ended up getting there Sunday around 2p and had plenty of time to ride due to a lack of lines. They must have only filled four or five rows of parking!

And I was gonna end up going yesterday... but I couldn't...

Glad I didn't though! If I went, I would have seen it closed and had to have gone home.

Next week though! I'll be the extremely tall guy with glasses