TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PhotoBoothe's 2008 Australia Trip Report!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamworld was great! I guess it was still like a 'vacationy' park to me, and I hadn't gotten tired of the rides. Plus, I hadn't even explored the other part of the park! Giant Drop is worth the money I payed to get in there, and I hadn't had a proper ride on T.O.T. yet! It was kinda lame, but when I found the airtime, it was really cool! A front seat ride on Mick Doohan was pretty cool. I met some new friends, rode some new rides, and got some good new pictures! I had a blast!

To be honest, i'm actually qite stunned that you went back to Dreamworld and that you enjoyed it so much, i've always thought that the park was pretty lame.

I have always had more fun and the staff alone are a major reason to go back to Dreamworld, moreso than Movieworld, i find the staff at Movieworld rude.

To be honest, i'm actually qite stunned that you went back to Dreamworld and that you enjoyed it so much, i've always thought that the park was pretty lame.

I have always had more fun and the staff alone are a major reason to go back to Dreamworld, moreso than Movieworld, i find the staff at Movieworld rude.

I really liked the Dreamworld staff. On all the flat rides the crew was very quick and efficient. Get people on ride, check quickly, and clear. All in a fun or friendly manor. Heck as stated before, they offered to take my picture with an entertainer! Oh, and the Cyclone crew was awesome! Movie World was kinda slow...but I thought Scooby Doo was run great with getting cars in and out of the station. There's like...10-12 cars on the track at one time!

Thats very surprising (and disturbing) to hear that the staff at Movie World were rude. Generally our staff are very friendly and helpful to guests and the ride crews do a fairly good job.

I've had a lot of bad and slow run ins with Dreamworld staff, so it's very weird to hear things flipped around.

I think most of the problems with staff and capacity at our parks here is not the staff themselves but bad policies which they must follow.

In no way did I find the Movie World workers rude or inconsiderate. I just thought that at Lethal Weapon, the combination of three chatty teenage girls = veeerrrryyyyy slow loading/unloading and waiting on the brake run for ages. I remember waiting for the gates to open to get in the car for atleast three minutes and there was no one exiting the ride any more. It just seemed like they didn't really care about what they were doing, they were just there for the money. But whatever, I still had a great time.

I'll upload some more pictures of the parks abit later.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad this thread was brought back up. I still have more TR's to finish! Though I may warn you - they are coaster-less! I have some awesome photos of the cities, mountains, and rainforests. I'll be updating soon!

Thanks, guys!

-JZ

Onto the trip to Dickey Beach! It's a town about 1.5 hours away from where I was staying. We went camping for two nights and had to go through some TOUGH weather. It absolutely down poured the first night, and luckily our tent didn't get flooded. BUT The top of the tent wasn't holding all the water out, so there was a light mist allll night. We hung out at the beach, had some drinks, went into town, and all around had an awsome time. It was the first 3 days I was there, and I thought to myself that these could be my best days in AU....and I think they were.

Ah, public transportation. Why do you need a car?

Here's our tent area with Emily and Macky.

There were some permanant houses, but it's a cheap rent for a piece of land to set up your camping area.

That could be unknown foam, spermwhale....yeah, or sting-ray poo. Who knows. It's disgusting.

Though you may not have been there to see it...but this is king tide. The waves were MASSIVE. And no one was getting into the water today.

This is a ship wreck on the beach, a big reason why there are small parts of the beach you can go in. It was really cool to see this.

Aca-Deca plaque we saw in town. Rock on!

I'm almost posotive it's a tank.

This is a Golden Nob...or something....but they are a 8 out of 10 on the scare scale.

Before we knew it, the trip was over and three days had gone by. Mmm....some Raspberry Fanta will cheer anyone up!

A meal fit for Elissa.

How many Ozzie burgers can you count?

More reports to come soon!

-JZ

Um, it's a crocodile. ( which we are hoping might eat the rest of the Irwin family!!)

Haha sorry, I couldn't remember the differance between the two...and hey, isn't this a theme park site? Cut me some slack!

-JZ

I can't remember the difference either, so I just say "crocodiillian". That covers it.

I have a coule of Questions that i have always wondered about tourists in Australia. JZ, maybe you could answere these?

1. What do you think of Australian TV/ Australian Advertisements?

2. What do you think of our money? (IE, do you think it looks cool/wierd)

3. What do you think of the people here?

I have a coule of Questions that i have always wondered about tourists in Australia. JZ, maybe you could answere these?

1. What do you think of Australian TV/ Australian Advertisements?

2. What do you think of our money? (IE, do you think it looks cool/wierd)

3. What do you think of the people here?

Dude...The Chaser's are my favorite people ever! The show is absolutely hilarious!!!

Money is cool, it's colorful and doesn't tear easily.

Everyone is nice and accommodating. It didn't seem like there was much violence or like...neh, not sure how to say it...just thought it was a better place. Seemed like everyone were friends. Everyone loves to joke around, so you have to know when to take a joke. Things are more expensive, but the economy and govt. balances it out with the pay. I really, really, really can't wait to go back.

Glad you like the Chaser, they regularly stalk Martin Place at the bottom of my building where I work looking for new victims, Chas tried getting me but I came up with a smart comeback and he wasn't happy about that.

Glad you liked Australia too, I don't take it for granted that I live here even if we are a bit light on for coasters - I just go over to your side and have a coaster binge.