TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one getting glitchy sound in the new 1.7 Simulator?

I'm hearing little pops and crackles in the sound... it's getting a little annoying - I didn't notice it in the recorded video, however.

A few more updates found:

-New look for the LIMs on wooden coasters

-Updated catwalks on B&M inverted coasters (the evac. floor has cross-braces)

Is it just me or does the recorder thingy slow NL down big time.

In order to get extremely nice quality video, the game captures the video one frame at a time which allows you to end up with a seamless, smooth, quality video - this is the weakness that Fraps and other screen recorders have. I recorded a roller coaster at my computer's full resolution, and I ended up with an amazing quality video that played a bit slow (because the video processor is not fast enough in windows media player), but once the video is compressed even the tiniest bit, you'll end up with some amazing video.

Too bad the dumb thing has a giant watermark at the top of the screen. I don't think that's right - we've paid for this program.

In order to get extremely nice quality video, the game captures the video one frame at a time which allows you to end up with a seamless, smooth, quality video - this is the weakness that Fraps and other screen recorders have. I recorded a roller coaster at my computer's full resolution, and I ended up with an amazing quality video that played a bit slow (because the video processor is not fast enough in windows media player), but once the video is compressed even the tiniest bit, you'll end up with some amazing video.

Too bad the dumb thing has a giant watermark at the top of the screen. I don't think that's right - we've paid for this program.

While it isn't necessarily pretty, the guys, like any other company need some sort of advertisement, which, in the case of NL is mostly word-of-mouth. The least we could do for them is use the screen capture program they made for us so they have a little bit more advertising across the internet.

No?

Either way, like you said, it does have an advantage over other screen capture programs, so I am happy. I remember when I saw the vide I made, I was like "Holy crap! That is better than the sim runs it!."

Uh... just a warning with the AVI Exporter... I recently freed up 5gb of my Hard Drive, and I went to check it about 5 mins ago, and I had 1gb left.

I then checked my No Limits folder... and the 3 minute video was FOUR GB!

So I won't be using the AVI exporter anymore... thats for sure!

Uh... just a warning with the AVI Exporter... I recently freed up 5gb of my Hard Drive, and I went to check it about 5 mins ago, and I had 1gb left.

you might wanna change the resolution of NL before you make avi's, and also, those avi's can be reduced in size by allmost any converter

In order to get extremely nice quality video, the game captures the video one frame at a time which allows you to end up with a seamless, smooth, quality video

The video is just as slow when I play it!

Yeah, they are pretty big, but you can turn them in to WMV's with WMM. And they still have nice quality, IMO.