TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The track seems different to what the model shows (I didnt notice that hill dip thing after the tallest turn), but Gravity group do change there mind a lot, look at voyages simulation and then the official on-ride and you'll know what I mean.

It looks really good so far, the gravity group may have struck gold (again) aswell as the park

Looking awesometacular. I hope it's ready by my July 4th trip.

I think my only complaint with it is I would've rotated the layout 180 degrees with the lift hill facing the water. When you got to the top you'd have a fantastic view of the Gulf...then swoosh and swoop. As it is now, the water is behind you as you're going up the lift with no view.

I think my only complaint with it is I would've rotated the layout 180 degrees with the lift hill facing the water. When you got to the top you'd have a fantastic view of the Gulf...then swoosh and swoop. As it is now, the water is behind you as you're going up the lift with no view.

Except...the current design wouldn't have fit on the plot of land that way. The portion of the ride nearest the bay is narrower than the portion of the ride nearest the street.

(The attached google image was taken when in 2004 when new rides were being installed and Saltgrass was still under construction. The area outlined in blue is where the coaster is being built

25652040_LandPlot.jpg.99aafd742212986d9966db262a1d53c0.jpg

Construction area

I like the design, but I don't think its going to be an intense ride for the books. Maybe a fun ride with curves and twists. The only thing intense will the first drop and follow thru curve. The again, maybe that will be enough for a 1.5 minute ride.

They're designers. I think they could've done that. It would give riders a memorable ride experience if they did as opposed of the parking lot or business section view.

I like the design, but I don't think its going to be an intense ride for the books. Maybe a fun ride with curves and twists. The only thing intense will the first drop and follow thru curve. The again, maybe that will be enough for a 1.5 minute ride.

Considering that the tallest part of the ride after the first drop is about 1/2 the height of the drop, I think this is going to be a very fast paced ride. There are a lot of direction changes throughout the ride which will be taken at a pretty fast speed, including a couple 90 degree banked turns.

As far as facing the lift towards the water, yeah, I'm sure they could have designed a ride to do that, but maybe it wouldn't have allowed them to make quite as long of a ride or there were other issues. I don't know how memorable a view of muddy Galveston Bay water is anyways....

Actually, you will still get an awesome view of the water from the top...remember at the top of the lift there is the 270 degree flat turnaround...you'll get an amazing panoramic view from the top before the big head-choppin' drop.

Great pictures, Jason!! We'll have to "meet for lunch" in Kemah this summer sometime! LOL!

-Derek

Considering that the tallest part of the ride after the first drop is about 1/2 the height of the drop, I think this is going to be a very fast paced ride. There are a lot of direction changes throughout the ride which will be taken at a pretty fast speed, including a couple 90 degree banked turns.

As far as facing the lift towards the water, yeah, I'm sure they could have designed a ride to do that, but maybe it wouldn't have allowed them to make quite as long of a ride or there were other issues. I don't know how memorable a view of muddy Galveston Bay water is anyways....

I think the first drop is placed very well based on how people will walk past the coaster from the current boardwalk. There's a skill-game area (that will re-open right next to the low zig-zag right after the first hill) that ties the front and back of the boardwalk together... the first drop will be frontally-presented as visitors walk into "Saltgrass Junction" from the back thoroughfare of the boardwalk. I agree with you, that the Galveston bay water is no attractive Atlantic or Pacific coast view...

It seems the train won't really slow down much except for maybe the next-highest turn after the lift (at the center of the layout), which seems like it could end up being 50-60 feet tall. You're right - most of the rest of the layout is smaller hills and very banked turns. I think 50-51mph on this course is going to be fast enough...

Also, it's been written that there will be more than a few tunnels along the track, which is just going to add to the madness - the renderings thus far don't show where those will be placed (if any), so tunnel placement will be interesting...

Does anyone have any insider information what the first drop angle of descent is? Gravity Group is tight lipped about it and Kemah Boardwalk isnt saying either. 50-60 degree maybe ... ?

Very nice. I notice the turnaround section isnt perfectly level but designed for the trains momentum to complete the turn and will sure to add excitement before the first drop.

Very nice. I notice the turnaround section isnt perfectly level but designed for the trains momentum complete the turn will sure to add excitement before the first drop.

Eh?

Right, anyway, I just noticed how massive this thing is. Does it still only take up an acre?

Yep

I remember seeing the model, and I thought "wow... small" Now it looks so massive! Maybe if it was made with a steel frame like hades and voyage it wouldn't look so big.

Perhaps the generous wood supports makes it look "massive".