TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood Photos & Video

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]Also, find time for the Rocky Horror Picture Show! Scantly clad HOT people dancing around on stage singing...it was awesome

What exactly is the Rocky Horror thing? Is it a live show? The movie? Does it have audience participation like the movie, etc? I know almost nothing about it.

--Robb

It is a live stage show with video clips added to it. The only real participation are the shout outs from the audience.

okay, we are going this Saturday to the HHN in Hollywood. we are looking forward to this big time, flying down from San Francisco. we've done Florida and Hollywood, and we are very happy it came back to Cali. but one question...in your review you mentioned there was no alcohol at the B&T show, THERE IS ALCOHOL THROUGHTOUT THE PARK THOUGH - CORRECT?

we spent $129 on each ticket to be front of line, and i plan on drinking at this event for that kind of $$$! please let me know.

btw, great review. lotsa of good detail. i googled it first thing at work on Monday, and yours popped up first, great reading!

this is truly, truly ridiculous. in the ENTIRE park?! there has got to be ONE restaurant/stand or something, that has beer/mixed drinks. i'm calling Universal and finding out. this is our EVENT and what was so great about Orlando (one of many things) was the alcohol!!! and back before they quit HHN in Hollywood, there was so many bars throughout the park, it friggin rocked! i'm 44 yo, and i want a drink with my scares!!!

^ Please read out posting rules about grammar and spelling. It's already been mentioned in this thread about 5 posts before yours, but we would normally delete a post that looks like yours. PLEASE follow our rules about posting. It's a really simple request, but we ask that you use your *SHIFT* key on your keyboard for words that actually need it. I see that you've capitalized random words in your post, so you know where the shift key is!

--Robb

^^You can get wasted in CityWalk then go into the event, but trust me...no Alcohol, no Re-Entry!

Seriously, come on, you don't need alcohol to have a good time at this event...especially if you have the Express VIP stuff!

The only time I could see you needing a drink would be if you were stuck in one of the horrible lines!

The bars are one of the reasons why they stopped doing it before.

They had a LOT of problems with drunk guests.

USH HHN is a completely dry event now because of it, and honestly, its been working out very well. I dont think I got hit once last year (and I certainly haven't been hit yet this year) but when I was at Knott's (which serves beer.. I dunno about mixed drinks) I was kicked, choked, punched, and one time pulled to the ground (by an attractive female, but still!)

And even from a guest perspective, I've been to Knott's sober, and I've been there drunk. I don't remember much from the drunk trip (except it was fun, I suppose) but if Im paying good money, I want to be able to remember it in better detail then just that.

i am a responsible adult. i understand why there isn't alcohol at Disneyland. but when this is an adult event which doesn't even have ticket prices for children...there should be a place to purchaes alcohol for responsible adults. yes, i've been to Knott's and HHN at both Hollywood and Orlando. there were drunk idiots there, there were fools there...but they did nothing to us. that's what security is for. personally, this is ridiculous and i am very, very disappointed. they should tell folks on the ticket/website, "this is an adult event with no alcohol." $258 for two people, i should be allowed to purchase a beer while watching folks get scared in a scary zone. period.

^ You're responsible enough to drink, but your not responsible enough to use your shift key when you post? Sorry, but this is your last post to the site for at least 24 hours because you can't follow our rules. And if you can't follow the simple rules of a website forum, why should a theme park assume you can follow their rules also?

As much as it does suck for some people not being able to drink at the event or have re-entry into the park, I do understand why they do it. IMO the So Cal crowds are just not as responsible as what I've seen in Florida.

There are plenty of places to drink before going to the event if you feel you absolutely NEED to.

And like Elissa said, we managed to have a GREAT time at the event, and we didn't have a drink the entire night.

--Robb "Enjoy your 24hr ban!" Alvey

Oh, and BTW, it's right on the HHN Hollywood website:

Q: Is there alcohol in the event:

A. No, alcohol will not be served nor permitted at Universal Studios Hollywood during Halloween Horror Nights.

Q: Can I leave the event and come back later?

A. Sorry, re-entries are not permitted.

Took me about 30 seconds to find this information under the FAQ page.

--Robb

i am a responsible adult. i understand why there isn't alcohol at Disneyland. but when this is an adult event which doesn't even have ticket prices for children...there should be a place to purchaes alcohol for responsible adults. yes, i've been to Knott's and HHN at both Hollywood and Orlando. there were drunk idiots there, there were fools there...but they did nothing to us. that's what security is for. personally, this is ridiculous and i am very, very disappointed. they should tell folks on the ticket/website, "this is an adult event with no alcohol." $258 for two people, i should be allowed to purchase a beer while watching folks get scared in a scary zone. period.

Honestly, if you get this worked up over there not being alcohol at the event, then I imagine the thought of folks like you with alcohol is why it's banned from the event. Just a thought.

Congrats that they did nothing to -you-. Try being a scareactor though and getting jumped by 5 people bigger then you because they were drunk and took offense to being scared. We're people under these masks and make up!

I always scratch my head when I blend in with the crowd, scare someone and they go 'Oh! I thought he was a real person!'

I feel the need to comment on this, I just don't know why. LOL

As most of you know, yeah I like to drink when I am on vacation (or whenever). But I have this thing that if a park has beer or whatever, Fantastic! If not it is not that big of a deal. I know some parks like to have a family friendly atmosphere and do not want alcohol at their parks which is fine. I have no problem with that, I can just wait until later.

Case and point on the midwest trip, Cedar Point didn't have any alcohol, we had to go to Fridays' bar to drink. Not a big deal.

You can do the exact same thing. You have City Walk with about 6 or so different spots to get a drink. Not really a big deal, besides it will be cheaper anyways.

Besides it is probably safer for the scare actors that there is no beer at HHN...

Casey"I could use a drink right now"Childers

The bars are one of the reasons why they stopped doing it before.

They had a LOT of problems with drunk guests.

USH HHN is a completely dry event now because of it, and honestly, its been working out very well. I dont think I got hit once last year (and I certainly haven't been hit yet this year) but when I was at Knott's (which serves beer.. I dunno about mixed drinks) I was kicked, choked, punched, and one time pulled to the ground (by an attractive female, but still!)

USF has these same problems. They refuse to stop selling the alcohol simply because it makes them so much $$$.

I have just recieved an email from John Murdy, Creative Director at Universal in response to our comments about HHN and the Terror Tram. Here is an excerpt:

Wanted to let you know that I thought your criticism of Terror Tram

was right on. We already started tweaking it by Sat. I didn't realize the attraction hosts weren't allowing pictures...that's just wrong and we'll correct that immediately. That's part of the experience, the chance for the fans to see these amazing sets up close. I'm going to spend a lot of time

tweaking Terror Tram this week....

I'm VERY happy with Universal's response and this makes me look even more forward to the growth of their event!

--Robb

How bout bering disabled and needing an electric mobility scooter on hhn 2007 orlando ???

What does this have to do with our review of HHN Hollywood? Perhaps if you have a question about how Orlando handles scooters at HHN you should ask it in a new thread or check their website.

--Robb

Yeah the Rocky Horror Picture Show is a musical tribute to the movie. Basically they perform the movie and show clips/pictures as they do so. The music is trippy and i thought the actors were dead on. (I wasnt high or anything too)

-Plus i thought it was pretty funny that they WANTED people to join in on shoutouts and stuff like that, ie- shouting slut or asshole out loud and not getting in trouble for it! lol

I have just recieved an email from John Murdy, Creative Director at Universal in response to our comments about HHN and the Terror Tram. Here is an excerpt:

Wanted to let you know that I thought your criticism of Terror Tram

was right on. We already started tweaking it by Sat. I didn't realize the attraction hosts weren't allowing pictures...that's just wrong and we'll correct that immediately. That's part of the experience, the chance for the fans to see these amazing sets up close. I'm going to spend a lot of time

tweaking Terror Tram this week....

I'm VERY happy with Universal's response and this makes me look even more forward to the growth of their event!

--Robb

Ugh!

This makes me want to go back, but I don't have enough money! October of 2008, come sooner!